Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Uploading Gedcom via smartphone???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

R_Wightman

R_Wightman Report 3 Jun 2013 17:13

Is it possible to copy my Gedcom - tree from Ancestry website - over to this site with my iPhone?

:-D

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 3 Jun 2013 19:27

I don't think it is possible at the moment in time to do as you propose. I've just tried downloading a tree off ancestry but cannot get on to the tree setting page to initiate the GEDCOM to try and download it. So I've been stumped at the first hurdle.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Jun 2013 20:17

Welcome to GR and the Boards R_Wightman

This is Ancestry's help desk phone number, free from a land line - 0800 404 9723
Their email address - support@ancestry.co.uk

If/when you manage to down load to your iphone, GR's support section can be reached on support@genesreunited.co.uk Contact them for help to upload.

It might be helpful to other people if you could post how you get on, on here on. :-)

R_Wightman

R_Wightman Report 3 Jun 2013 22:00

I've just purchased an app that's supposed to let me upload Gedcom to phone. Wish me luck!!!! Ha ha think il be needing it :-S

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 3 Jun 2013 22:39

Good luck :-D