Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Advice please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

dutch

dutch Report 20 Jan 2009 11:21

have just download my dads family from 1911,but my dad is,nt there i know why his mum isnt there as they divorced in 1904 have tried to find her even though i have her address but nothing comes up,even tried putting birth for achild she was having in 1904 but same nothing,dont know anything about the baby that was due,any help in pointing me in right direction please .thank you
Dutch

Jim The Ferret

Jim The Ferret Report 20 Jan 2009 11:33

Could she have remarried?

Jim

dutch

dutch Report 20 Jan 2009 11:40

Hi Jim
know i dont think so as on her death cert it says widow of malcolm bonner morgan which was my g,father he died in 1918,and she died in 1932

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 21 Jan 2009 00:28

Hi Dutch

Not clear what you mean. Your grandma and grandad divorced, so that is why grandma isn't there? But you expected dad and his mum to be there?

Is that right?

Give us some names and dates, we will have a look.

Margaret

dutch

dutch Report 21 Jan 2009 06:16

Hi Margaret
what i mean,t to say my dad is missing from the 1911 census with his family,so thought he might have gone to stay with his mum.but cant find her on 1911 census she died in 1932
Andrew bennett morgan
Louisa Morgan.
Malcolm b morgan .son
Kenneth malcolm morgan ,grandson
Helen may morgan,grandaughter
Winnifred morgan grandaughter
my dad was Herbert morgan born 1896
and my g,mother was Helen morgan
i thought my Dad might have been with his mother,have to go the hospital this morning but will reply when im back .thank you
Dutch
Dutch

Krissie

Krissie Report 21 Jan 2009 09:02

Hi Dutch,
The surname Morgan sounds Welsh to me, if the family was living in Wales it won't be on the 19111 census.
They haven't put the Welsh counties on yet.
Krissie

dutch

dutch Report 21 Jan 2009 10:14

Hi Krissie
this was taken from Harringay London,but my Dads grandfather came from Midlothian Scotland,so the time of the 1911 census there were living at 15.Warham road harringay London,which was the grandparents house
Dutch

Helen

Helen Report 21 Jan 2009 12:29

1901 England Census
about Bertie Morgan
Name: Bertie Morgan
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1897
Relation: Son
Father's Name: Malcolm
Mother's Name: Helen
Where born: Barnet, Hertfordshire, England

Civil Parish: Islington
Ecclesiastical parish: St Barnabas
County/Island: London

Street address:

Condition as to marriage:

Education:

Employment status:

View Image

Registration district: Islington
Sub registration district: Highbury
ED, institution, or vessel: 26
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 310
Household Members:
Name Age
Malcolm Morgan 29
Helen Morgan 33
Kenneth Morgan 7
Bertie Morgan 4
Maud D Este 20

Is this them in 1901?

dutch

dutch Report 21 Jan 2009 12:44

Helen,yes thats them but in 1904 they were divorced as i have the papers and i know in 1916 bertie my dad went to Australia

basman

basman Report 21 Jan 2009 14:28

your father could have been absent from census simply because he was not home at the time----------night worker perhaps?

basman

dutch

dutch Report 21 Jan 2009 14:56

could be never thought of that he would have 15yrs old at the time,but it still leaves his mum i cant find her at all,so mybe the same if were ever she was living she not been at home,thank you
Dutch

basman

basman Report 21 Jan 2009 15:46

Hi Dutch,
there is a Bertie Morgan 15yrs. in West ham om the 1911 census, have you checked it out ?

15 years old he would be working by then, so could well be a lodger near his job------or staying with other family.

basman

basman

basman Report 21 Jan 2009 15:55

also have you checked the Helen Morgans? theyre are a couple on there right age, fair enough not in london, but being divorced she may well have moved away-------gone to be a housekeeper perhaps. I've had a couple of widows do that-------took some finding !

basman

dutch

dutch Report 21 Jan 2009 18:26

Hi Basman
yes i did have alook but dont think it was him as he was called Herbert only got bertie as child,did have alook at his enlistment papers he was apprentice for couple year for firm called j.Rotherham of London,and Helen was living 23 acton st kings cross in 1904