Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FMP problem. UPDATE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 30 Aug 2013 18:24

Has anyone with Find My Past got a problem with getting into the newspaper section please?

For the last hour or so I get a "Data Acess Error" message. It then very politely tells me that it is not my fault

jax

jax Report 30 Aug 2013 18:29

I have just clicked on

Newspapers, directories & social
history

And British newspapers has gone :-S

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 30 Aug 2013 18:30

Oh I wonder why, thanks Jax, I hope it's a temporary blip.

Wendy

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 30 Aug 2013 18:37

Thank you for that

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 1 Sep 2013 23:10

I emailed FMP this morning about not being able to access their newspaper section and got the following reply this afternoon. Good service for a Sunday

"
I am sorry that you have not been able to access these records.

Unfortunately, due to a small technical issue connected to the newspaper archive,it is not currently possible to access any newspaper records via findmypast.

The problems started on Friday and this is most certainly a temporary issue.
We have all of our technical experts looking at the issue as a matter of urgency.
Realistically, it is likely to continue over the weekend until we can implement a fix very early next week.

Thank you in advance of your understanding and your patience.

Kind Regards,

Nicky
Findmypast Support Team"

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 Sep 2013 07:22

The electoral roll section too just goes round and round and doesn't give any results

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 2 Sep 2013 10:29

Newspapers, the electoral roll. And the crime records all are a problem, hopefully not for much longer.

jax

jax Report 2 Sep 2013 12:52

Electoral Rolls seem ok to me now, plus I have noticed they have added post codes to the addresses

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 Sep 2013 13:42

still not working for me have logged out and in again but the sections are still whirling around with no results showing

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 2 Sep 2013 13:52

The problem with the newspapers on FMP is not with FMP but with the archives server to FMP.