Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

newspaper article

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 7 Sep 2013 15:48

I wonder if any kind person who as a subscription for the newspapers on genes could please look up the 2 articles on amelia wanklin, 21st and 22nd of december 1872 . i would be so grateful as i am positive this is my great grandmother. thanks in advance

Di

jax

jax Report 7 Sep 2013 15:55

Will try and send it to you

Diane

Diane Report 7 Sep 2013 15:57

aww thanks so much

jax

jax Report 7 Sep 2013 16:18

I have sent one but this one I cannot find on the page...maybe its my eyes but I have been up and down the page twice and still cannot find it

Leamington Spa Courier
Publication date:Saturday 21 December 1872
Article text:"named Amelia Wanklin, aged nine years, at Birmingham, on the 3rd of November.—Mr Leigh prosecuted, and Mr Buszard defended.—The prosecution stated that the little girl's parents reside in Lionel-street, and prisoner worked with the father the Lionel-street"

Diane

Diane Report 7 Sep 2013 16:21

oh shucks and that one seems to have alot more info on it, :( wonder if you put the prisoner name in search it will come up in another article. thanks for trying

jax

jax Report 7 Sep 2013 16:25

I shall look again as it must be there somewhere

I am using FMP but it shouldn't be any different it highlites the column that it should be in

jax

jax Report 7 Sep 2013 16:36

No sorry I cannot see it...maybe someone else may have better luck

Diane

Diane Report 7 Sep 2013 16:38

ok thanks for trying

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 7 Sep 2013 17:19

Hi Diane, I can't save it and send on for some reason, but if you want I can type the content out and send in a PM?

Diane

Diane Report 7 Sep 2013 17:29

oh that would be amazing if you could please, really appreciate it. :) shall i pm you my email ?

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 7 Sep 2013 17:31

No it's ok I'll copy it and send it via PM on here , be a few minutes >>>>

Diane

Diane Report 7 Sep 2013 17:33

oh ok thats great! :)

jax

jax Report 7 Sep 2013 17:48

How can you see it and I can't RR?

:-S

I save by using the snipping tool

Choccy