Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

George William Taylor

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carole

Carole Report 16 Oct 2013 08:22

He would have worked at an undertakers in the Radford area of Nottingham,this is the only information I have of him.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 Oct 2013 09:52

Try Friends reunited....it has a workplace section..............assuming that this refers to someone who may be alive

You must have some idea of time-scale..................

Have you been told that you and he are related?

Carole

Carole Report 16 Oct 2013 16:46

I have recently found out that he was my Maternal Grandfather,My Mum grew up not knowing who he was as it was not spoken about then as she was born 1915.
the only clue was he worked at an undertakers in Nottingham,having recently been advised to look on court records in the hope that my Grandmother had taken him to court for maintenance,I found him,with no age or address ,there seems to be a lot of George William Taylors at that time,I have looked on the 1911 census but no G W Taylor working at a Undertakers.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 Oct 2013 22:20

As 1915 was during WW1, he could have changed occupation to fill in for someone who had answered the call to fight for his country.

Some info simply cannot be found......................

Gee

Gee Report 17 Oct 2013 07:44

Have you got your mothers birth and marriage certificate to check if there is any information about him?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Feb 2014 22:40

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/tips_board/thread/1336961

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Feb 2014 09:51

the other thread has now been deleted.........................

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 4 Feb 2014 09:55

No helping some people,

No doubt this one will follow

Roy