Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Patrick Morrison,ivy Irene Morrison

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Louise

Louise Report 8 Nov 2013 09:40

I have found all my relations doing back to 1800,but can not find out about my birth Grand Parents and birth Mother.I have got their birth certs and wedding certs.but they seem to have disappeared.Patrick was born in 1904 in Manchester and married Ivy Irene nee Rylance born 1903 in Manchester in 1925 and their daughter Nora Isabella my birth mother was born in 1027,she married Frederick Finney in1946 and had a son Brian.She left Frederick and I was born in 1950 in Warrington with the name Louise Griffin,I would like to know what happened to them but am getting nowhere.

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 8 Nov 2013 10:28

??? Does the birth date tally?
Name: Patrick Morrison
Birth Date: 22 Sep 1904
Date of Registration: Dec 1971
Age at Death: 67
Registration District: Manchester
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume: 10e
Page: 680

What was Frederick Finney's age when he married in 1946?

Louise

Louise Report 8 Nov 2013 11:00

Thank you Jonesey,yes that is right for Patrick,Frederick was 24 when he married.I do not know who my Father is and where the name Griffin came from..

Potty

Potty Report 8 Nov 2013 12:54

So, your father isn't mentioned on your birth cert? What name does your mother give for herself on it? Is it Griffin, Finney or Morrison?

Louise

Louise Report 8 Nov 2013 13:27

Hi Potty,my Mother put Griffin formerly Morrison and no father.

Louise

Louise Report 8 Nov 2013 14:09

Hello Jonesey,Having had a look at Noras wedding cert. to Frederick Finney in 1946 it says Patrick was deceased,do not know how I missed it.

Potty

Potty Report 8 Nov 2013 14:13

Louise, do you have a sister? There is another Griffin MMN Morrison birth in Manchester in 1956.

Louise

Louise Report 8 Nov 2013 15:50

Hi Potty,I do not think I have a sister,the birth I think you mean is Carmel but she has a different Mothers name.

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 8 Nov 2013 16:04

Louise,

The Patrick Morrison who was born on 22/9/1904 did not die until 1971.

This means that either Nora lied about her father being dead when she married in 1946 or the birth certificate that you have for Patrick Morrison is not of Nora's father. It could of course also be a possibility that Nora did not know her fathers whereabouts in 1946 and just assumed that he was dead.

Good fun this genealogy isn't it. :-)

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 8 Nov 2013 16:13

Complete shot in the dark:

Name: Frederick Finney
Mother's Maiden Surname: Lord
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1922
Registration District: Manchester
Volume Number: 8d
Page Number: 445

Possible parents marriage:

Name: Frederick Finney
Spouse name: Henrietta Lord
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1921
Registration District: Chorlton
Volume Number: 8c
Page Number: 1795

What name did Frederick Finney give for his father on the 1946 marriage certificate?

Louise

Louise Report 8 Nov 2013 16:36

Yes Jonesey that is what I have,his Fathers name on marriage cert.is also Frederick.

Potty

Potty Report 9 Nov 2013 11:35

Louise, the other birth I found has MMN Morrison - the same as yours. I can't find a marriage that ties up with that birth either.

Louise

Louise Report 9 Nov 2013 15:22

Thank you for looking Polly.Guess I will never know.Also Will never know where my surname Griffin comes from.