Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Printing using My Canvas. Update.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maryanna

Maryanna Report 16 Jan 2014 13:26

Hi since Ancestry introduced their new browser ( is that the right word ?) recently I have been unable to access the ability to use the My Canvas option to print.

I used to be able to trim pages so I didn't use any more ink than was necessary and have relevant details listed down the side or wherever with a nice title as well.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or is this facility not available any more.

By the way I have already contacted them but after two weeks still haven't had a reply.

Thank you. M

Reggie

Reggie Report 16 Jan 2014 17:39

Chase them up about it....................it's their function, so they should provide the info

Maryanna

Maryanna Report 26 Jan 2014 17:22

In case anyone else was having problems..

I heard back from them, the My Canvas facility is no longer available with the new viewer.

The only way to print is to use tools or take a screen shot and crop and copy and print. ( maybe they said copy and crop ). Even with their explanation I couldn't work out how to do it on Windows 8.

Which is what I have been doing. Screenshot using my iPad, crop, email to myself, print from laptop. Time consuming and no longer have the details about the document so have to write it on and it looks messy.

Shame, I found it so easy to use, still will save ink. M.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 27 Jan 2014 09:55

Maryanna

Many thanks for the update.

Can't imagine why Ancestry has gone backwards - it was so much nicer when the My Canvas system arrived, although if there was a lot of black I did always revert to the copy & crop.