Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

missing dad

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

dutch

dutch Report 20 Feb 2007 08:43

i have abig problem trying to find out were my dad was from 1924 till 1935 when he married my mum,the last thing i have found was he was at his grandmothers side when she died in 1924 after that nothing can anyone help please.my father was herbert morgan,and his grandparents were andrew bennett morgan and lousia bonner morgan,from 15 werham road harringay london thank you for what ever help you can give no matter how small thank you joyce from holland

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 20 Feb 2007 08:51

If I remember correctly, your Dad was a steward on a ship at one time? I wonder if he was travelling the world on board somewhere. Do you have knowledge of him working for any particular company? Maybe company records would shed some light on his movements. With this in mind have you looked at any of the passenger lists online? I unexpectedly found that one on my tree sailed into America. He was listed even though he was crew. Gwyn

dutch

dutch Report 20 Feb 2007 08:58

hi gwyn yes he was on aship avery nice man kindly offered to look for me,has just got back to me it seems he could have been travelling from to new zealand and england,but after that nothing

dutch

dutch Report 20 Feb 2007 13:42

i feel if i can find his brothers marriage he might have had children and my be help .but i cant find him either the name keeps changes first hes kennth malcolm morgan and then its malcolm kenneth morgan have tried latter day saints and ancestry nothing its as if they were gone even his sisters the same nothing

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 20 Feb 2007 14:52

Is this the family in 1901 living at 49 Drayton Park ? Name: Kenneth Morgan Age: 7 Estimated birth year: abt 1894 Relation: Son Father's name: Malcolm Mother's name: Helen Gender: Male Where born: Barnet, Hertfordshire, England Civil parish: Islington Ecclesiastical parish: St Barnabas County/Island: London Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Islington Sub-registration district: Highbury ED, institution, or vessel: 26 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 310 Household Members: Name Age Maud D Este 20 Bertie Morgan 4 Helen Morgan 33 Kenneth Morgan 7 Malcolm Morgan 29 I have a family where the son has the same 2 forenames as the father, Ernest Henry. The father shows in census as Ernest...the son as Henry. They both married in their birth registered name of Edward Henry. Gwyn

dutch

dutch Report 20 Feb 2007 15:27

yes thats them but later on the two girls were living with there grandparents