Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Does anyone know Denise and Keith in Aus UPDATE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 3 Dec 2004 23:49

Its a bit of a long shot I know but I have found their e-mail address on two message boards relating to my Tocqueville and Broughton ancestors. I am desperate to contact them but their e mail address is no longer in use. Please contact me if you can help. Thank you Janet Looks like I've found them!!!!!See below.

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 4 Dec 2004 09:44

nudge

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 4 Dec 2004 15:24

Hello I had a similar experience and just tried putting the name into Google (using inverted commes so that it's treated as a single item) along with the relevant family name which I was tracing. Amongst the list of "hits" were both the old links I'd already found plus some more which appeared to be the same person with a newer e-mail address. I e-mailed her, asking if she were the person who made the original enquiry and explaining my interest and thereby found a remote cousin in furthest Canada! Christine

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 4 Dec 2004 17:26

Thank you Christine.Why didn't I do all of that? I've just tried googling the old e-mail address on Australian google. 3 results, none with the postal address but at least I now know I am looking for Keith Rowntree so looks like it's the aussie phone directory for me now. Whats really sickening is that the first message I spotted also had a postal addy for them. But; a) I didn't note it down and b) I didn't note the web addy of the french genealogy forum I was on at the time. Even I have the occasional blonde moment! (No offence to all those flaxen haired women out there) Janet

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 5 Dec 2004 12:32

Thank you to Theresa and Barry. I now have an address that looks very promising and as soon as I get home from the pub I am going to write to them. Best wishes Janet

Keith

Keith Report 24 Aug 2013 14:33

Hi Janet
I've just seen this. I assume you are looking for me and I left Australia in 2003 for Hong Kong and those email and home addresses were never used again. SOrry.
I have since joined genes reunited so can catch up.
Keith Rowntree

Reggie

Reggie Report 24 Aug 2013 22:19

Click on Janet's name and send her a message

If she still has the same e-mail as she had in 2004, GR will notify her