Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

would anyone have any ideas please( nz and austral

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christina

Christina Report 4 Jun 2010 19:39

hi i am trying to find my half sister, linda bennett, maiden name parris she was born in 1954 but emergrated, her details are on here but i wrote several months ago but it remains unopened, would love to find out how else i can find her or even what country she is in many thanks xx her husband was david g bennett.

Dea

Dea Report 4 Jun 2010 20:00

How do you know she emigrated?

Do you know where to?

Do you know when'ish??

Dea x

Dea

Dea Report 4 Jun 2010 20:02

It seems she married in 1975 in Berkshire!

Dea x

Christina

Christina Report 4 Jun 2010 20:09

she wrote to my father from new zealand, many years ago, when my brother wrote to that address they said she had moved tp australia, we think she moved out there not long after she married thank u x

Dea

Dea Report 4 Jun 2010 20:13

SO.............
First of all, it looks like she moved from England to New Zealand fairly soon after 1975. - she later moved to Australia.

SO.......

I suggest you should put NZ and Australia in your heading to attract the attention from people who can help in those areas.

Firstly ask for the UK to NZ connection and secondly for people moving into Australia from NZ.

There are many people on here who can help.

Dea x

zoe

zoe Report 4 Jun 2010 20:17

David G Bennett HUSBAND for info to help search

Would HIS family know the address ???

Christina

Christina Report 4 Jun 2010 20:21

i dont no nothing of his family as had no connection with her as she was from my fathers first marriage...thank u x

Christina

Christina Report 4 Jun 2010 20:22

ok thank u x

zoe

zoe Report 4 Jun 2010 21:36

PM to Christina

as if she says Linda was born in 1959 ( found a birth registered in Jan/Feb/March 1954 )

Linda would be 15 (as Christina says born in DEC)
per BENNETT marriage in 1975

ZOE

zoe

zoe Report 4 Jun 2010 22:06

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

You could buy the marriage certificate from the above using the reference numbers...............this will give the husband's David's dad's name etc

Then we can pinpoint the correct Bennet family ............they MUST know where he is !

OR does her mother Iris know ?

ZOE

christina

christina Report 5 Nov 2015 21:20

I have done all on this page her mum iris has died and heard nothing on her husbands side I just don't no what else to do

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 5 Nov 2015 21:42

hi Christina, zoe confused me here (back in 2010) with the mention of Linda born 1959 ... it was 1954 is that right?

and married David G Bennett in 1975 in Berkshire?

they did not have any children born in England

when you say you have done everything suggested - did you actually get her marriage certificate?

that would tell you how old David was and what his father's name was

and that would help find any brothers and sisters he may have had, who may know how to contact him

did you get that certificate and try to find family?

the thing is you are not likely to hear anything from his family if you don't look for them and then contact anyone you find ... they're not going to see this message ...

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 5 Nov 2015 21:47

when you say 'her details are on here', does that mean her birth record?

I do not see any family tree with a Linda Parris born 1954 in Woolwich

(up at the top, click 'Search' and then 'Search all member trees' and search for Linda Parris born 1954 +/- 2 years for good measure)

for ref, today's new thread

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1355972

christina

christina Report 5 Nov 2015 22:20

hi I have looked up her birth and wedding date, they had 2 children as far as I no, how do I get the records for her husband and find his fathers name plz x

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 5 Nov 2015 22:37

this is where to order certificates

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

... zoe gave that info long ago ...

you have to register and then pay by credit card on line

it will tell you his age and his father's name

do you have the details of the marriage registration that you need in order to send for the certificate?

-- I will send you those details by private message

Valerie

Valerie Report 6 Nov 2015 23:26

Christina
I suggest you try -firstly -the 'National Library of NZ' (on-line) it has an 'Ask a Librarian' service - they will check electoral rolls- from 1975+ . Then they should see when she left -you say for Australia.

Then follow on- and 'Ask the Librarian' at the 'National Library of Australia' (Canberra) (on-line) to find her in Aus.

Valerie
WAus