Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

AHT, THOMAS.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anthony

Anthony Report 11 Jul 2008 04:18

HI, I'M TRYING TO FIND ANY DESCENDANTS OF AHT, THOMAS, AKA THOMO, AND HIS WIFE VERA DACE, AHT THOMAS WAS A CRICKET PLAYER, I'M GUESSING AROUND THE 1940s & 1950s, AND HIS WIFE VERA DACE, b,1921, WAS THE BRITISH AND WORLD CHAMPION TABLE TENNIS PLAYER IN THE MID 1940s, SHE ALSO PLAYED LAWN TENNIS AT WIMBLEDON FROM ABOUT THE LATE 1940s, TO THE 1960s, I KNOW THAT THEY HAD A DAUGHTER b,1947, WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION.

TONY DACE.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 11 Jul 2008 07:18

Can you clarify?

Is the surname Aht or Thomas?

You have typed everything in capital letters, which is very annoying and difficult to read. There is a comma between "AHT and "THOMAS", which makes it look like

Smith, John

but one hesitates to guess.

I have a suspicion it should say

A.H.T. Thomas

but that's just a suspicion.

If that is what it is, it would probably be useful to have names rather than initials.

Just suggestions!

If you can clarify the name, it should be possible to find the daughter's birth without too much trouble, if you're sure it was 1947 -- an actual date would be better, but if not, it's just a matter of checking four images for 1947 for whatever the surname is with mother Dace.

... Or I could have just googled.

http://www.usatt.org/organization/halloffame/neuberger.html

"... the English winners Peggy Franks and Vera Dace Thomas."

So I'm guessing it's A.H.T. Thomas.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 11 Jul 2008 07:21

Oops. I thought I'd do the check for the Thomas-Dace birth in 1947.

There are 8 pages of Thomas births in the first quarter alone.

Unfortunately, no time to check ~30 pages of the GRO tonight!