Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Outen

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 10 Feb 2003 18:45

I have for 15 years been trying to locate the father of Richard OUTEN,born 03/11/1752 and died 24/11/1820 at Rowlands Castle, Hampshire. Richard married twice. Firstly to Ann Wilson on 01/05/1778 at West Hampnet, Nr. Chichester, West Sussex. His second marriage was to Ann Catchlove on 02/02/1796 at Warblington, Havant, Hampshire. Searches of Portsmouth,Hampshire and West Sussex Records Office have drawn a blank by myself and several other persons looking for the same person.Any records relating to Richard do not give details of his father or mother. There is a Will made by Richard that gives evidence of his being married twice. It is known that Richard and Ann ran the Castle Inn in Rowlands Castle, Hampshire and that Inn stayed in the Outen Family until 1941. Any help would be very much appreciated by myself and several other persons who link into this family.

Helen

Helen Report 10 Jan 2008 21:46

Hi there , I am an Outen by marriage. I haven't got the family as far back as that , but will contact again if I find out anything.
Helen

Daryl

Daryl Report 12 Jan 2008 23:39

Emily Owten b.c1813, her son Caleb b.1844 Stoneham Hampshire, his family Frederick b.1865 Romsey, Charles b.1869 Romsey, Alice 1871-1872. Emigrated to Australia 1873 and arrived named Houghton.
Others found but not known if they are family are John Owten d.1869 aged 85 years Southampton; Charles and Charlotte Owten d. 1841 Stoneham.
Information to hand is that there are no Owtens on the Electoral Roll for 2007 nor any mention of the name in the BMD 1985-2005. I do have Owtons in Hampshire and Southampton that I am in the process of contacting in the hope that the name has again been transposed to a different spelling. Do you have any of the above, or any information that the name could be connected to Outen.
Regards Daryl