Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Harrington

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Odette

Odette Report 17 Aug 2007 12:56

Hi all I'm have some info on the HARRINGTON and FOOT families, not sure which branches! My maternal grandfather was called CYRIL LESLIE VICTOR HARRINGTON, he married LILLY MATILDA JANE FOOT and they had a daughter JUANITA DORIS ELEANOR HARRINGTON born 18/03/1940 (my birth mother). I believe LILLY FOOT and JUANITA (now DUBOIS) may now live in the USA. Juanita may have a brother, John HARRINGTON, possibly living in Wales. At the time of Juanita's birth Cyril gave his profession as Variety Artist, living at 55 Gosterwood Street, Deptford. By the time Juanita married Henry John DUBOIS in 1973 Cyril had died. At some point after Cyril died, LILLY FOOT married someone with the surname RENN. LILLY FOOT had a brother LESLIE, last heard of in Rayleigh, Essex about eight years ago, and at least one sister possibly called DORIS. I was born Odette Julie RENN on 29/04/1958 and adopted. The family may not have been aware that Juanita had a daughter. I would be glad to hear from anyone who thinks we may be related or have further information about the HARRINGTON/FOOT or RENN connection.

lorcy

lorcy Report 25 Jan 2016 00:05

Please contact me Cy would have been so happy to know what happened to his daughter Juanita. So much to tell you. Love Violet Harrington x x x

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 25 Jan 2016 00:18

Violet .........

Welcome to the Boards.

This is a very old thread, and Odette is unlikely to be expecting any messages on it. In fact she may not still be a member. GT does not notify members re new posts on threads.

I suggest that you send her a personal message (pm) through the GR system. GR will then email her that a pm is waiting for her.

Just click on her name, and type your message in the box that appears, then click Submit.

Then all you have to do is hope that she still has the same email address that GR has on file.

To check whether your message has been seen ............. click on Messages near the top, then click on Sent Messages.

A green envelope to the left of the name means that the message has not been opened.

No envelope means that the message has been opened.

Good luck

Sylvia