Welcome to the new Genes Reunited blog!
- We regularly add blogs covering a variety of topics. You can add your own comments at the bottom.
- The Genes Reunited Team will be writing blogs and keeping you up to date with changes happening on the site.
- In the future we hope to have guest bloggers that will be able to give you tips and advice as to how to trace your family history.
- The blogs will have various privacy settings, so that you can choose who you share your blog with.
We released a few updates to the site this morning. This included new search options to search all records in a category, such as all BMD or all Census records, and also links from My Contacts or Member Details pages to view another member's keepsafe.
The specific details for this release are:
- New menu options under Search, "Search All BMD" and "Search All Census". These allow you to search all our records in a specific category, rather than having to use "Search All Records".
- Changed menu option under Search. The links to Search Travel and Search Parish records used to take you to Passenger Lists and Parish Baptism respectively. These links now take you to Search All in the category. You can still opt one of the side search to narrow your search down.
- Under My Contacts, the link for a Keepsafe shared with you now allows you to search Keepsafe results on that member alone. It will show all media items "owned" by the member, but thumbnails will still be shown blurred or not blurred based on the permission level set for the item and the permission level granted to you. The same link will also appear when you click on a Contact's Detail page in the Message Centre.
- Please note the Census 1911 offer is still running although there are only a few days remaining.