Welcome to the new Genes Reunited blog!
- We regularly add blogs covering a variety of topics. You can add your own comments at the bottom.
- The Genes Reunited Team will be writing blogs and keeping you up to date with changes happening on the site.
- In the future we hope to have guest bloggers that will be able to give you tips and advice as to how to trace your family history.
- The blogs will have various privacy settings, so that you can choose who you share your blog with.
Looking for living relatives?
Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.
We are very excited to announce the launch of thousands of new military records on Genes Reunited this week. This release, which coincides aptly with Remembrance Sunday, will allow you to search thousands more military records to see if any of your ancestor fought for their country or played a part in any historical battles.From the Harold Gillies records, recording soldiers treated by the pioneering plastic surgeon Dr Gillies during WW1 to Military Nurses, the collection of records is now so varied, you’re bound to discover a member of your family who served as part of the army.
These military records can be accessed via pay-per-view credits or, if you are a platinum member, you can add unlimited access to these records to your subscription for as little as £11.95.
Bill Ward, a Genes Reunited member from Bexleyheath, Kent, has discovered a fantastic story during his family history research.
“I discovered my father served as Bosun aboard the T.M.S.V Royal Daffodil during the evacuation of Dunkirk in May 1940. A bomb actually passed right through the hull without exploding and the hole was plugged with a mattress!”
What will you discover in our new military record?
The new records include:
- WWII Escapers and Evaders
- Military Nurses
- Napoleonic War - Army of Reserve
- Napoleonic War - Foot Guards Attestation Papers
- Napoleonic War - Regimental indexes 1806
- Manchester employers™ Roll of Honour 1914-1916
- Manchester Regiment city battalions 1914-1916
- Royal Artillery Military Medal awards
- Royal Artillery honours & awards
- Harold Gillies plastic surgery archives from WW1
- Royal Red Cross Register
- British Officers taken Prisoner of War 1914-1918
- Prisoners of War 1939-1945 - British Navy & Air Force Officers
- Prisoners of War 1939-1945 - Officers of Empire serving in British Army
- Prisoners of War 1939-1945 - British Army held in German territories
- Oldham Pals 1914-1920
- Oldham Pals Roll of Honour
- Prison ship (Hulk) registers 1811-1843
- Royal Air Force Muster Roll 1918
- Chelsea Pensioners' Service Records 1760-1913