June 2013 - Genes News
Welcome to the new Genes Reunited blog!
- We regularly add blogs covering a variety of topics. You can add your own comments at the bottom.
- The Genes Reunited Team will be writing blogs and keeping you up to date with changes happening on the site.
- In the future we hope to have guest bloggers that will be able to give you tips and advice as to how to trace your family history.
- The blogs will have various privacy settings, so that you can choose who you share your blog with.
As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.
- Over 26 million Brits have fallen out with a family member
- The most common disputes occur between siblings and can last 10 years
- Main reasons for falling out include money, jealousy and choice of partner
We are sponsoring TV show Long Lost Family for the third time running this year. The show will start on the 17th June on ITV at 9pm, and run for eight weeks. We are likely to see more activity on the community boards whilst the series is running, in particular the Finding Ancestors and Finding Living Relatives board. For those of you that frequently help other members on this board, we want to make sure that your time is rewarded and we want your views on the best way to do this.