Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

sha

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

dibby

dibby Report 9 Mar 2011 23:37

hi trying to find as much info as i can, about patrick burk he was a ships rigger not sure of his DOB, maybe 1850 he had a daughter cecila who was a cook genaral who married in 1938, to ambrose watson, who was a jockey at that time thay lived at south road warterloo liverpool, any kind of information, i would look forward to
thank you

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 10 Mar 2011 09:21

Hi Sha,

Any idea when Cecila was born?

Dee x

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 10 Mar 2011 09:23

So when Cecilia married she had an "E" on the end of Burk;

England & Wales, Marriage Index: 1916-2005
about Ambrose Watson
Name: Ambrose Watson
Spouse Surname: Burke
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1938
Registration district: Crosby
Registration county (inferred): Merseyside
Volume Number: 8b
Page Number: 734
Find Spouse: Cecilia M Burke

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 10 Mar 2011 09:24

I wonder if this is her birth??

Surname First name(s) Mother District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Sep 1911 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Burke Cecilia M Hayden Wrexham 11b 499

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 10 Mar 2011 09:32

I wonder???

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

Marriages Dec 1908 (>99%)

BURKE Patrick Wrexham 11b 545
LAWLOR Mary Ellen Wrexham 11b 545
NEWNS Ann Wrexham 11b 545
WARBURTON George Wrexham 11b 545

Now if 1 of the ladies had been married before then "Hayden" would be her maiden name and the name she used to register the child........ but not what she married under the 2nd time around.

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 10 Mar 2011 09:45

The marriage above is for Patrick Burke and Mary Ellen Lawlor....... children were born after 1911 and include the mothers maiden name of Lawlor, so we can scrap the idea of a 2nd marriage!!

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 10 Mar 2011 13:17

Hi Dee, lots of work done on this family by jax in the past. I think most of it has now been deleted! Sha does know how to return to her posts. Cx

dibby

dibby Report 10 Mar 2011 13:44

i am returning to post have just come back on sorry guys will have agood read whats on post thank you , i have had alot of help of jax, i now have the marrige cirticate, of ambrose an cecila

Astra

Astra Report 10 Mar 2011 13:45

What information is on the marriage certificate please.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 10 Mar 2011 14:31

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/history/greatgranparents/thread/1261502

with references to previous threads and previous help now deleted. Why not just waste other people's time inviting them to do the same thing all over again, eh?

One does wonder when enough becomes enough, in some cases.

Posting the same material on different boards is AGAINST the rules.

Deleting threads and starting new threads is NOT COMPLYING with the rule against duplicate posts, it's just trying to eliminate the evidence.

jax

jax Report 10 Mar 2011 15:05

Most of the work I did was by pm as we were also discussing the children of Ambrose and Celia.

I advised Sha to get the marriage cert to find out how old her grandfather was.

jax

jax

jax Report 10 Mar 2011 15:26

Found the origanal thread

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/records_office/thread/1251707

jax

dibby

dibby Report 10 Mar 2011 15:33

hi jax thanx to you i was intouch with my anty,not had much look with my uncle as he moved,
now i want to know about my ggrandparents, but again i seem to be doing things wrong i do apolgise, also to you as i did,nt deliberitley, delete all the information you done for me, i thought i had to, because of a living realative, any way thats that thanx again sha x

Astra

Astra Report 10 Mar 2011 15:46

By PM

information on marrige cirtif is cecila an ambrose watson 1938
farthers surnames
patrick burke ships rigger
ambrose watson horse dealer
it is these two i want information on as i dont know who they were married to, iwant to find out more about the familys thanks alot
debbie

Possibly Ambrose senior and Junior in 1901

WATSON, Ambrose Head Married M 30 1871 Horse Dealer
Newcastle on Tyne VIEW
WATSON, Elliott Wife Married F 30 1871
Newcastle on Tyne VIEW
WATSON, Ambrose Son M 6 1895
Newcastle on Tyne VIEW
WATSON, William Son M 4 1897
Newcastle on Tyne VIEW
MCFARLANE, Lizzie Servant Single F 18 1883 Domestic
Newcastle on Tyne VIEW

Civil Parish:
Byker Municipal Borough:
Address:
30, Potts Street, Byker, Newcastle Upon Tyne County:
Northumberland

jax

jax Report 10 Mar 2011 15:53

Deleting the living relative threads is ok...but you should have continued on the thread above where I have given possable births and deaths of your grandparents.

If Cecilia was born in 1916 her mothers maiden name was Kelly which sounds very Irish

jax

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 10 Mar 2011 15:55

Thank you ever so much for your ever so charming PM, sha.

My reply: read the rules. No, I don't own the board, so it isn't my job to explain the rules to you.

But here, I'll be gracious.

One Post Per Topic.

NOT one post on every board you can find, about the same thing, over and over.

Use the "My thread participation" link on the left of the board to find your existing threads.

Add information to the existing thread when you get it.

Do not start a new thread in which you invite other helpful (paying) members to waste their time doing the same thing that has already been done for you.

I truly hope this will help you.

dibby

dibby Report 10 Mar 2011 16:15

HI ok i am sorry to waste helpers time, i do apoligise, sincereley, i will try to remember the way the threads work thank you , x