Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

EVA lILLIAN

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 14 Dec 2010 21:20

This was my mother born in 1920 she gave birth to me Linda in 1948 in a workhouse at Godstone, she had me adopted in 1948 I am now Linda May Faulkner. I apperently had 5 or 6 siblings three were adopted by the salvation army. I was not I was born in Chiswick Hospital and she lived at Hampton Wick I was brought up in Richmond Surrey. My maternal grandma was called Emily Davis, she was a domestic in Caterham.Apperently all of my siblings and myself had different fathers! I cant seem to get in touch with anyone. I know more about my fathers acesters. My adopted mother was Florence may Shaw her father Angus McDonald Shaw died the year she was born 1919 and his wife remarried nae Pratt. I know she had a large family and I would like to know about my past?

FamilyFogey

FamilyFogey Report 14 Dec 2010 21:25

What was your mother's surname? You state her name was Eva Lillian, Eva Lillian what?

Have you tried contacting the Salvation Army? They might have more information on your siblings?

Mike *

Mike * Report 14 Dec 2010 21:29

..................she gave birth to me Linda in 1948 in a workhouse at Godstone

....................I was born in Chiswick Hospital

Which is it please ?

Tania

Tania Report 14 Dec 2010 21:33

eva lillian davis..

Katie

Katie Report 14 Dec 2010 21:35

Could this be your grandmother in 1911? Her middle name looks like an incorrect spelling of Martha.

DAVIS, Richard Charles Head Married
15 years M 38 1873 Labour-Farm Surrey
DAVIS, Fanny Jane Wife Married M 37 1874 Surrey
DAVIS, Susan Jane Daughter Single F 14 1897 Wallenham Surrey
DAVIS, Richard Charles Son M 13 1898 Kenley Surrey
DAVIS, Emily Morther Daughter F 10 1901 Whytelesfe Surrey
DAVIS, Annie Pricton Daughter F 8 1903 Nhytelesfe Surrey
DAVIS, Ernest Rublin Son M 6 1905 Nhytelesfe Surrey
DAVIS, Joseph Son M 5 1906 Caterham Surrey
DAVIS, John Edward Son M 3 1908 Caterham Surrey

RG number:
RG14 Piece:
3248 Reference:
RG14PN3248 RG78PN123 RD38 SD1 ED5 SN461

Registration District:
Godstone Sub District:
Godstone Enumeration District:
5 Parish:
Caterham

Address:
8 Commonwealth Road County:
Surrey

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 14 Dec 2010 21:35

Births Jun 1920
Davis Eva L Davis Godstone 2a 494

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 14 Dec 2010 21:40

Someone called Sacha has Eva in his/her tree on this site.

Rose

Belinda

Belinda Report 12 Oct 2020 03:26

Just in case others came across this post like I did - rather too late. My mother would have been one of the other adopted children, Linda's sister. Please messge if you are interested in making contact :-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Oct 2020 09:06

Unlikely that anyone connected will see your post - hardly anyone uses these boards.

If you know any names, look for them in ‘search all member trees’ and send messages to the tree ‘owners’. GR will notify them - providing their e-mail info has been kept up to date on here. They will then have the option of responding - but bear in mind that there are numerous reasons why someone may not do so.

You can’t contact Linda, as she is no longer a member - and in any case she didn’t bother to acknowledge the info people took the trouble to find for her.

Belinda

Belinda Report 13 Oct 2020 03:00

Thanks Erika H. I came across these old posts via a Google search, so thought others may too, thus I thought it was worth adding a comment. And with the possibility Linda's family may be following, as I believe it's too late for us to connect with her directly, my condolences if they are reading.

I have sent a few messages and understand they may not receive them or choose not to responsed. Again worth try.

Thank you again for your reply Erica :-D

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 13 Oct 2020 19:48

Have you tried to track down Lacie?

https://tribute-to-linda-faulkner.muchloved.com

She seemed to know her well and is on Facebook.

Also Hayley? You can contact her on the Tribute site.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 13 Oct 2020 23:06

Did you see Kelly's response here:

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/788404

Rose

Belinda

Belinda Report 6 Dec 2020 05:33

@Rose. Thank you for your comment.