Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

please forgive me

Page 0 + 1 of 10

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 28 Jan 2009 18:32

Forgive me for not replying to so many of you lately, I have been diagonosed with cancer, which has been an incredible shock, and am finding iy very difficult to concentrate and to type. I will try and reply when I can, meanwhile, if you are of the persuation, I would appreciate your prayers thank you
Christel

Stevie

Stevie Report 28 Jan 2009 18:46

Hi Christel,
I'm so sorry to hear of this. Sending you posiive thoughts & (((((((((((healing hugs))))))))))))) for your recovery from this.

Steve
xxxx

Stevie

Stevie Report 28 Jan 2009 23:35

nudge for Christel

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Jan 2009 23:42

Hello Christel - no wonder you are in shock, something we all dread, but this is not necessarily all doom and gloom you know, there is light at the end of the tunnel, there is treatment and people do recover and become cancer free

Easy for me to say I suppose, and not wishing to upstage you in any way, by my lovely husband was diagnosed with a rare illness for which there was no cure and no treatment and I found myself thinking "if only he had cancer he would have a chance" Hope you understand what I am saying here.

We all wish you well and send our prayers and positive thoughts - I am always here if you wish to talk about it or if you wish to send me a message - any time sweetheart. I do hope you have someone close you can share this with

Ann XXXXXX

MargarettawasMargot

MargarettawasMargot Report 28 Jan 2009 23:57

Hello Christel,

We haven't spoken before,but I am very sorry to hear your news.

I can only agree with Ann of Green Gables-everything she said is very true.

I'm sending positive,healing thoughts to you to stay strong and hopeful.

If Olivia Newton-John can beat it,so can you!

Best wishes,

Margot XX

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 28 Jan 2009 23:58

Hi Christel,

Sorry to hear your news, but Ann is right - there can be light at the end of the tunnel.

My husband was diagnosed with cancer in 1984 when he was 37 years old and our sons were at junior school. We were devastated at the time but my husband was always positive in his outlook - even when he was very ill with the chemotherapy drugs (some of which were at the experimental stage at that time).

Nearly 25 years on and he is fit and well and still goes to rugby training twice a week and helps at games on Saturdays at the age of 61 and has been clear now for over 20 years.

Sending you best wishes and positive thoughts.

Kath. x

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 Jan 2009 00:01

n

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 29 Jan 2009 00:02

Christel, being diagnosed with cancer is not a death sentence... it is the start of a new phase in your life that might be a bit difficult... I was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia in October 2008.... and I am half way through treatment that is not pleasant but nowhere near as bad as I feared ... but it can usually be overcome... more people survive cancer these days than die from it. But I feel more positive, and better in myself than I have done for a long time.....

There are a lot of people on this board who either have, or have survived cancer... not just survived it, but really kicked it's sorry little a**e... Just put a thread up on General... and we'll be there for you

Take care... we have a wonderful community here, very supportive, as I know only too well.

Love

Daff xxxx

PS... prayers and positive thoughts go with you.... believe in them and they really work... the lovely people here on GR have been my lifeline for the last few months...... Ask Ann of Green Gables, lol!! I have stayed positive, but only with the love and support I have had from my family... and the people on GR>

xxxxxxxxxxx

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 29 Jan 2009 00:11

Sorry to hear that Christel

Thinking of you,

(((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

Borobabs

Borobabs Report 29 Jan 2009 00:14

Sorry to hear this Christel sending you (((hugs))) and healing positive prayers babe ,,,come on dear stand up and fight the B*******
were all here for you

Babs

maxiMary

maxiMary Report 29 Jan 2009 02:41

Dear Christel
Our thoughts and prayers are indeed with you, please know we care, there are some of the most wonderfully supportive people regularly on GR, please allow that support to envelop you.
hugs (gently)
Mary

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 29 Jan 2009 03:55

Hello Christel, please stay in touch with us all and let us know how you are getting on, you will find loving care and support from people all over the world on these threads. If you get the chance pop a thread on the General Topics board too to stay in touch, read Daff's thread or the Depression/Anxiety thread and you will be warmed by the love and care from so many folk, some of whom have fought the same battle or are fighting now, and some who think, there but for the grace of God go I.
I wish you strength to fight back in whatever way you can along with the help of the doctors and all agencies involved in supporting folk with cancer.
My thoughts will be with you.

Lizxxx

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 29 Jan 2009 05:57

Hi Christel

Yes, it is one h*ll of a shock ......................... but there is lots of hope, especially if you keep upbeat.

I had breast cancer in 1995 ................. and am alive and healthy now, albeit one-sided!

My husband had colon cancer in 2005, had a chunk of his colon removed ....... and is hale and healthy and cancer free now

We count ourselves SURVIVORS, not vicitms.

Keep us posted ..... there is lots of help and support from on here!

xxxxx

*~~*Posh*~~*

*~~*Posh*~~* Report 29 Jan 2009 09:56

Christel, I am so sorry to hear this news. My thoughts are with you. xxxx

dutch

dutch Report 29 Jan 2009 10:57

Hello Christel
i dont think we have spoken before but thats beside the point,im sending you post thoughts and prayers for you to get well
Dutchxx

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 29 Jan 2009 11:04

Hi Christel

Sorry to hear your news,

keeping you in my thoughts,
stay positive !

Best wishes
Fay.x

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 29 Jan 2009 11:28

Hello Christel
l am sending positive thoughts to you and massive ((((HUGS))).

As Daff has said there is so much treatment out there now that can help you and so many more people survive this awful thing.

Stay positive, take care:o))

jude :o)) xx

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 29 Jan 2009 11:29

Truly sorry to hear your news, and will include you in my prayers.

Take heart - there are so many stories these days of people who have had positive outcomes.............look at Lance Armstrong, for one. And, only last night, I was watching footie on TV, and the goalie for one of the teams had recovered from cancer..........

I have two cousins who are both now in their eighties, who had breast cancer in their fifties...............

Wishing you well.................

EW

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Jan 2009 11:54

Christel, sorry to hear your news. I am sure that you will beat this as so many others on here have done. Be strong and you will win. Sending you lots of positive thoughts and keeping you in my prayers.

Ann
Glos

Jean Durant

Jean Durant Report 29 Jan 2009 12:11

Good Morning Christel,

Please believe me when I say cancer is not a death sentence.

I had a mastectomy in September 2007 and most of my colon removed in November 2008 Both unrelated cancers.

I still have Neuro Endoctrine cancer and receive treatment for this which helps with the symptoms.

Allthough my life has been curtailed to a certain extent I still try, and mostly succeed, to do everything I want.

I know what a terrible shock it is to hear that b*****d word but it is only a word.

Be determined and positive my dear.

If you need to talk, scream, rant or rave just pm me and always remember there is life with, and after, cancer and I am proof positive of that :)

Jean x.