Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

"Australia" Looking Olive Ellen Gwendline BRADEY

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

bearest76

bearest76 Report 14 Apr 2012 04:23

Still Looking. Please can anyone help me with finding my Grandmothers info.
Her Christian name is Olive Ellen Gwendoline, and surname name was unknown she was looked after by the BRADEY Family when she became a BRADEY. We have a birth date of 23 June 1914 - death 21 Feb 1985. Her age on her death was 76 years which makes her birth date around 1909?

I have searched both Bradey & Stocker Family tree and know one can help me from there.
Grandma Olive married JOHN BADEN PAUL on 10 Jan 1933 in Renmark South Aust. (Birth 16 April 1900 - Death 20 June 1970) Gramdma Olive remarried Herb Fix June 1970.

FIX, OLIVE ELLEN GWENDOLINE
Surname: FIX
Given Names: OLIVE ELLEN GWENDOLINE
Cemetery: Currency Creek Cemetery
Denomination: Anglican
Section: General
Plot/Grave/Niche: 14E
Last Residence: 8 HOLME STREET GOOLWA
Age at Death: 76
Date of Burial: 25/02/1985
Minister Officiating: REV G ROPER
Grave Depth: 7'
Grant Number: 135
Burial/Order Number: 2105

Alexandrina Council SA

Grandma was known as Gwen
Hope some one can help me out please.
Cheer
Sandra :-S

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 14 Apr 2012 04:55

a Public Family tree on ancestry has the following information ....... but it is unsourced, and therefore there is no proof of anything!

basilbear
Public Member Tree
Unsourced

Olive Ellen Gwendoline Stocker
Birth: ABT Jun 23 1908 to 1914 (23 Jun 1908)
Death: Feb 21 1985 (21 Feb 1985)
Marriage: Jan 10 1933 (10 Jan 1933) - Renmark, South Australia
Spouse: John Baden Paul

F: Benjamin Bradey

M: Ellen Stocker

In other words, the suggestion seems to be that Olive was the daughter of Ellen Stocker, born before she married Benjamin.

Is this possible????????

It might help if you added Australia to the title of the thread, thus attracting the attention of those helpers who have m9ost expertise in Australia & New Zealand records.

sylvia

bearest76

bearest76 Report 14 Apr 2012 06:50

Hi Sylvia,
Thank you
Ellen is not Olive my mother. The Bradey and Stocker family tree can't find her birth. They also had another child with them Arthur his mother was Ellen sister son, after the war or before the Arthur took the Stocker surname. I am quite sure when need to look it up. Ben & Ellen did have one daughter.
I have a photo of a grave site of a Aboriginal lady which Grandma took in the late 1970, family said she was looking at that time for info?
Sandra

Dea

Dea Report 14 Apr 2012 08:04

Hi Sandra,

Welcome to the boards.

I think you have misunderstood Sylvia's suggestion.

She meant that you should stay with this original thread but edit the title to add the word 'Australia'.

You seem to have created a duplicate new thread.

This means that you will have people duplicating searches to find info for you which has probably already been found and posted on the other thread.

Could you please just add the word 'Australia' to the title on here and delete your new duplicate thread.

Hope you understand the above - If you are not sure what to do, just ask.

Many thanks,

Dea Xxx

Dea

Dea Report 14 Apr 2012 08:47

You are welcome Sandra....

May I just give you another little tip as these boards can be very confusing when you first start out on them.

I notice that you have ticked my post as answered.

This tick, in actual fact, is to mark the whole thread as answered so that when people now see your message on the board, they will assume that your request has been answered and will not bother to look at it.

I realise that you were ticking it to say thay you had answered me but suggest you unclick on it so that the tick disappears and people will know that you still need help.

I know it is confusing and it doesn't help that this site does work in a very 'silly' way at times but you will soon get the hang of it and there are lots of people on here who are happy to help.

Best of luck,

Dea Xxx

Dea

Dea Report 14 Apr 2012 09:29

Just sorry I can't be of help on the Australian research but there are many who can so I am sure they will notice and respond.

Dea x

Dea

Dea Report 15 Apr 2012 09:09

nudged up for Sandra.

Dea x

Sandra - try to keep this nudged up to the first page of the board until you get a response.

Dea x

Sad_Mushroom

Sad_Mushroom Report 15 Apr 2012 09:46

Hiya,,,
No birth that matches for the date you have

I'll try other variants
Kellie

Dea

Dea Report 15 Apr 2012 09:54

Sandra - to nudge up, all you do is add a message to the thread. - This brings it back to the top.

If it goes off the page and you can't find it - just click on 'my threads' which you will find in the list to the left of the messages and this will bring up all the threads that you have either started yourself, or posted in.

Dea Xxx

bearest76

bearest76 Report 15 Apr 2012 09:56

Hi Kellie,
Thank you, this is a hard one, I have been trying for years, and give up then start again.
I have a photo of a grave site of a Aboriginal lady, Grandma went looking for info in her later years, the photo was taken around 1978 / 1979.
I was going to look for births with just her Christian name.
Looking forward from hearing from you
Sandra
<3

Sad_Mushroom

Sad_Mushroom Report 15 Apr 2012 10:05

SA is always hard to trace,,,
The hospitals for unmarried mothers made the mothers sign the children over without even naming them...

There is no birth for anything similar to what you are looking for...

Do you have her marriage cert???

Kellie

Sad_Mushroom

Sad_Mushroom Report 15 Apr 2012 10:07

bearest,,
Even though I am in NSW,,,,SA was always my main state of research...

I will go allout to help with this...
Aboriginal are a diff issues,,,,,they keep their BDM to themselves and you have to apply with your info...

Kellie

bearest76

bearest76 Report 15 Apr 2012 10:33

Swan Hill is another place is mention a lot.
I haven't got a marriage cert, but my cousin found it, my father was born on the day they got married 10 Jan 1933 Renmark S.A
Sandra

cupcakes

cupcakes Report 15 Apr 2012 10:37

FIX,HERBERT STANLEY
Given Names: HERBERT STANLEY
Last Residence: GUMERACHA HOSPITAL
Date of Death: 19/02/2004
Age at Death: 89
Date of Burial: 24/02/2004
Minister Officiating: KEVIN KLEEMAN
Funeral Director: KLEEMAN FUNERALS
Burial/Order Number: 4458

Alexandrina Council SA

cupcakes

cupcakes Report 15 Apr 2012 10:39

FIX,OLIVE ELLEN GWENDOLINE
Given Names: OLIVE ELLEN GWENDOLINE
Last Residence: 8 HOLME STREET GOOLWA
Age at Death: 76
Date of Burial: 25/02/1985
Minister Officiating: REV G ROPER
Grave Depth: 7'
Burial/Order Number: 2105

Alexandrina Council SA

cupcakes

cupcakes Report 15 Apr 2012 10:49

PAUL,JOHN BADEN
Surname: PAUL
Given Names: JOHN BADEN
Last Residence: PERNONG SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Date of Death: 20/06/1970
Age at Death: 68 YEARS
Date of Burial: 10/05/2006
Funeral Director: N/A
Burial/Order Number: 4790

Alexandrina Council SA

cupcakes

cupcakes Report 15 Apr 2012 11:44

Hi Sandra,

you can call me Alexandrina Council SA, but this is where the information is from.....

cupcakes.xxx

bearest76

bearest76 Report 4 Nov 2012 05:18

Hi,
Still trying to find info on my Grandmother. Olive Ellen Gwendoline BRADEY.
BRADEY IS NOT HER BIRTH SURNAME
I was looking at DIGGER and put Grandma given names Olive Ellen Gwendoline and come back with Olive Gwendoline Ell EVANS. birth year 1908. Melbourne. It is very close does that help anyone?
:-S
Sandra

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 4 Nov 2012 11:09

Hi Sandra.

The person you mentioned is Olive Gwendoline Elliott EVANS b.1908
Father: William Prevor EVANS ...Mother: Violet Sophia ELLIOTT

Olive Gwendoline Elliott EVANS married Norman McCleod CAMPBELL in 1934 in Victoria.

A Possible?
S.A registered births shows a Olive Gwendoline WESTOVER 13th Nov 1914.....Place: Kent Town, Norwood........ Father: [ Unrecorded ] ..... Mother: Doris Ida Myrtle WESTOVER

Food for thought:
From reading your first post..its also possible Olive "Ellen" Gwendoline was born with the given name/s Olive Gwendoline....and took the second name, or was given the added name of Ellen...from her "paternal" mother ( Benjamin & Ellen BRADEY)

Tony ( Victoria )

bearest76

bearest76 Report 5 Nov 2012 03:49

Thank you Tony,
I wishing that it was her.
i cant find a cert and have tried S.A & Vic. I will keep trying.
Thank you again
Sandra :-)