Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

USA JK Faulk

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pamela

Pamela Report 4 Dec 2013 12:58

seeking any information about JK Faulk born 1911 in Louisiana USA and died in USA in 1968. and any connection with Jean Thornton born 1925 Redditch Worcester. thank you. Pam

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Dec 2013 13:09

Why do you think there is a connection?

And - as Jean could easily be alive - you must remove her exact DOB.........

What 'info' do you hope for?

Do you have no idea of the Faulk forenames? Was the person male or female?

Andrew

Andrew Report 4 Dec 2013 13:14

Web: Louisiana, Find A Grave Index, 1700-2012
about John K. Faulk

Name:John K. Faulk
Birth Date:7 Mar 1911
Age at Death:56
Death Date:20 Jan 1968
Burial Place:Grand Lake, Cameron Parish, Louisiana, USA

Andy

Andrew

Andrew Report 4 Dec 2013 13:17

1940 census

John K Faulk 29
Enid Faulk 24
Hendrid Faulk 7

Andy

Andrew

Andrew Report 4 Dec 2013 13:19

Also in WW2. I wonder if he was 'over here'??

U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946
about John K Faulk

Name:John K Faulk
Birth Year:1911
Race:White, citizen (White)
Nativity State or Country:Louisiana
State of Residence:Louisiana
County or City:Cameron
Enlistment Date:28 Jan 1943

Andy

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Dec 2013 13:23

If he was in the UK, he didn't leave a paper trail which can be accessed on line

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 4 Dec 2013 13:24

Possible wife?

FAULK, Annie, Mrs. LCAP 6/11/1998
Creole -- Funeral services for Mrs. Annie D. Carter) Faulk, 91, will
be at 2 p.m. Friday, June 12, from Sacred Heart Catholic Church.
The Rev. Joe McGrath will officiate. Burial will be in Sacred Heart
Cemetery under direction of Hixson Funeral Home.
Visitation is from 2-10 p.m. today, with a rosary at 7 p.m.; and from 8
a.m.-1 p.m. Friday, in the Lake Charles funeral home.
Mrs. Faulk died Wednesday, June 10, 1998, in a local hospital.
She was a resident of Cameron most of her life and lived in Grand Lake
for the past 15 years. She worked as a seamstress for 20 years in
Cameron. She owned and operated Carter Cash Grocery Store and
owned the Fiesta Lounge in Cameron. She was a member of the W.H.
"Blackie" Carter pioneer family in Cameron Parish. She was a member
of Star of the Sea Catholic Church and St. Mary of the Lake Catholic
Church.
Survivors include her husband, John K. Faulk of Grand Lake; and one
sister, Lona Hebert.

Pamela

Pamela Report 4 Dec 2013 13:41

thank you all for your prompt replies I will try to obtain further information from a family member who gave me the original info regards Pam

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Dec 2013 13:42

Different people? The wife in 1940 was named Enid

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 4 Dec 2013 13:46

Hi Pam, do see if you can get some further info.

There are loads of Faulks mentioned in the Louisiana newspapers so there may be something about yours if you can be more specific.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 4 Dec 2013 15:05

edited to remove links to living Faulks in Cameron and Lake Charles

However it might make sense to do those searches at http://www.whitepages.com

and simply contact people by that surname in the area to enquire about the person being sought

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 4 Dec 2013 15:52

JoonieCloonie, I have removed the address however the parties are no longer living. I guess it's personal perspective.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 4 Dec 2013 17:00

Marie Celeste, the reason I asked that was that I would have thought the party in question was the younger one of the same name who is still living in the same town within a stone's throw of the address you posted ... if it was definitely the deceased person my apologies.

I am also thinking that since the asker was delicate enough not to state facts or make allegations about the person sought that might be upsetting to their family or the family in England, Reggie might have been more circumspect as well when it comes to guessing the purpose of the search which can always be disclosed privately if someone wishes to know before helping and the asker wishes to disclose ...

Do unto others seems like a good motto in this situation I always think.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Dec 2013 18:26

Edited my post..............don't want to upset your delicate sensibilities JC

I must compliment on the the ease with which you have negotiated these boards.........right from the very first post.

Most new people flounder around for a while, but you've done incredibly well.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 4 Dec 2013 18:55

editing out my meandering reply to Reggie which doesn't relate to this thread ...

and will just thank him for his warm welcome to the site :-)

Joonie

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Dec 2013 20:03

Seemingly not............

Pamela

Pamela Report 7 Dec 2013 18:04

hello again I now have some clearer details for my original enquiry on JK Faulk.
JK Faulk is Female and was married to Edgar Charles Aston. Edgar was married more than once and I don't know when he married JK Faulk, but I do know they had a son born in 1946 in England. As I also know JK Faulk was born in Louisiana USA in 1911 and she died in USA in 1968 at some point she must have come to England and returned to USA Edgar Charles Aston was also married to Jean Thornton in 1950. in Bromsgrove. I have ordered this marriage certificate and the birth certificate for Edgar Charles Aston who died in 2008 It is the American relations of the Aston family that I am researching. Many Thanks for all your help Kind Regards Pam

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 7 Dec 2013 18:46

How very odd, since the male JK Faulk born in Louisiana in 1911 appears in the US census in Louisiana and was in the US military and died in 1968 ... but no female JK Faulk appears in any US census in Louisiana ... and that you didn't know the person was female ... or if you did, didn't mention it!

The son was apparently not registered in either surname with Faulk as the mother's surname.

So all in all one might think that it was a married surname perhaps.

The very easy way to find out her full name(s) would be to obtain the child's birth certificate ... Or is it the child you are actually looking for and you don't know the name?

You are sure that she wasn't "Mrs JK Faulk" ie that the JK were her husband's initials? it seems odd that you would know a year of birth and a year of death and then have initials but not a name, unless it is from an address book or a letter or some such ... but the exact dates of birth and death ... ?

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 7 Dec 2013 19:00

Have deleted any posts I'd made that related to a male Faulk.

Pamela - what year was Edgar Charles Aston born? Reason for asking is that he may have crossed the Atlantic, if we can find a passenger list where she's with him we might get her name.

Was she Faulk before or after she married him (i.e. did she remarry at some point?)

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 7 Dec 2013 19:07

the only Edgar C Aston birth in the index is 1921 Coventry

edit, no apparent match in passenger lists

also from what I can tell no match for a JK Faulk entering the UK

It does seem rather unlikely that they actually married I would think.

It also makes it seem rather unlikely that she was born in 1911, given Edgar's age.

it actually looks rather like all the personal details of the male JK Faulk (date and place of birth, date and place of death) have just been applied to someone else ...