Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do you find census 1911 by address only ?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanie

Joanie Report 6 Feb 2014 16:33

i have at long last got a marriage cert 1944 and worked out the groom Frank Cooper was born round 1914, it has an address on it and his pa Joseph Cooper is deceased..are you able to find out who lived at that address in 1911 ?

6 Heyburn Road Tuebrook Liverpool

Just incase the family was there then, as they are so elusive , yes a long shot but am a bit stuck...Is this possible please..... :-S

Joanie x

Gee

Gee Report 6 Feb 2014 16:40

Hi

Yes you are

Do you have access to censuses, if not post the full address here

Edit: Did you just add that address or did I miss it?

Joanie

Joanie Report 6 Feb 2014 16:44

Family name Cooper .....6 Heyburn Road Tuebrook Liverpool, Jx

Astra

Astra Report 6 Feb 2014 16:47

As you said it was a long shot!

Census address transcription printer friendly version

Print Close
1911 Census transcription details for: 6 Heyburn Road Tue Brook
National Archive Reference: RG14PN22631 RG78PN1327 RD455 SD10 ED21 SN218
Reg. District: West Derby
Sub District: West Derby Eastern
Parish: West Derby
Enum. District: 21
Address: 6 Heyburn Road Tue Brook
County: Lancashire
Name Relation Condition/
Yrs married Sex Age Birth Year Occupation Where Born
WARRINER, Arthur Edward Head Married M 25 1886 Sales Clerk Everton Liverpool
WARRINER, Annie Elizabeth Wife Married F 28 1883 Sheffield

Gee

Gee Report 6 Feb 2014 16:50

Living there is:

Arthur Edward Marriner
Annie Elizabeth Marriner

Maybe got the spelling wrong

Joanie

Joanie Report 6 Feb 2014 16:53

Aaarrr Sorry for bothering you Gins it was a long shot, was hoping to find his mothers first name , so i could continue the search...Thank you for looking....

Joanie x

Gee

Gee Report 6 Feb 2014 17:13

Joanie

What is the occupation of the father, if listed and the witnesses on the marriage record?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Feb 2014 17:13

You could look for Frank's birth on freebmd or LancsBMD

When did he die?

Joanie

Joanie Report 6 Feb 2014 17:22

On Cert it says 1st April 1944 Frank Cooper age 30 - private Army Catering Corp 7639123 Father Joseph Cooper - General Dealer...witnesses John Wilkinson C.H.Cole ( her Pa ) and Florence M Taylor...

Joanie

Joanie Report 6 Feb 2014 17:25

I am looking Reggie, but as i have no other info but his Pa is joseph, not too easy..., no idea when he died i am sorry to say....This is the cert we spoke about a few weeks ago where there was 2 lots of details and i took your advice and sent to local office and this appeared today.x

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Feb 2014 17:27

So how do you connect to him?

Joanie

Joanie Report 6 Feb 2014 17:33

This is for a guy who was fostered out to family he is wanting to know about his grandparents, i have found his grandmother and know this is his G.pa, but nothing more...(my reward for months of looking is a custard slice cake ) and giving him some background....x

p.s. i got his mothers cert and started from there.....

Gee

Gee Report 6 Feb 2014 19:09

Joanie

You could post the grandparents names and full details

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 6 Feb 2014 19:20

If he was 30 years old on the 1st April 1944 then his birth would be somewhere between 2nd April 1913 and the 30th March 1914, So you can dis-count the first quarter of 1913 and the 3rd and 4th quarter of 1914 for now unless a late entry was made for his birth.

On the marriage cert does it say he was a widow or a bachelor, and What was the brides age and status

You say you "i got his mothers cert and started from there" i presume you meen the guys mother who your helping? What cert do you refer to? is it her death cert if so where was her death registered and was Frank the informant? that would give you a start point as to where to look for his death based on the above criterior for his dob,

Although his father Joseph Cooper declared as a General Dealer on his marriage cert could he have died in WW1? Worth trowling the CWGC just incase their is a Joseph Cooper with a son named Frank "family are often mentioned"

Roy

Joanie

Joanie Report 6 Feb 2014 20:55

Hie was a Batchelor, she was single. And age 24 .

I have his mothers birth cert.

His Granparents were Doris Louise Cole born1/3/1920 in Bideford Devon and died 1985...
His Grandfather was Frank Cooper they married in Bootle nr Liverpool on 1st April 1944.
Doris remarried to Fred W Sutton.

but i have no idea if Frank died or they divorced that is why i sent for the marriage cert to get info on Frank....it says Frank not Francis on cert.

Thank you Roy, that helps and again Gins.x

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 6 Feb 2014 21:26

You have not give a dob for Doris, but you say you have the birth cert,

Do you have a death for her, as i posted earlier a death for her will give you a start point as to where to look for Franks death,

There is a death in 1954 for a Doris L Cooper age 34 making her birth c1920 same as Doris l Cole but it's registered at Leek so did they move?

You have added to your post so answering the question about Doris's death

Roy

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 6 Feb 2014 21:37

When and where did she marry Fred W Sutton,

Roy

Joanie

Joanie Report 6 Feb 2014 21:49

She married Fred in Bootle , sorry have not got date to hand, just a note says 1972...sorry i am looking on freebdm for his birth...

i found one death in Congleton-crewe that would fit in with Frank's dob ...1976-3q-35-258.....born 1913...age 63...none in lancashire.

and a birth in Ormskirk Frank Cooper, mother Valentine...8b 1697- 2q- 1913...

Joanie

Joanie Report 6 Feb 2014 22:06

Name: Frederick W Sutton
: Doris L Cooper... District: Liverpool... County: Lancashire... Year: 1972... Quarter: Jul-Sep... Volume: 10d... Page: 0711...

Joanie x

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 6 Feb 2014 22:16

He could have been born anywere, There are 20 plus births for a Frank Cooper c1913 "no middle name" in that period and trying to find if any joseph cooper married anyone with one of those maiden names is a long job so i will have another look at this tomorrow

Roy