Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking to get a birth cert i have his d.o.b, BUT.

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanie

Joanie Report 26 Dec 2016 00:21

Hi Folks have been searching for this guy for over 2 years and am trying to get his birth cert, i need a bit of help please.
What i have and know : Frank Cooper born 25 April 1913 married Doris L Cole on 1st April 1944..His pa is listed as, Joseph Cooper deceased General dealer.Frank was in Army catering corp in 1944, living at 6. Heyburn Road Tuebrook Liverpool...

I have managed to get the 1939 Reg...and Frank is still living in Heyburn road as a cook in restaurant and i think it might be his mum : Mary Cooper b. 10th July 1889 Chambermaid, married.
I have no idea where he was born, but think he died round 1982 in Cannock Staffs. I cannot order cert as their are 8 Frank Coopers registered june quarter 1913...
I have tried to match up Joseph Cooper with any Mary's with surnames on that quarter but no matches.

I also tried searching electrol register in libarary for them before 1939 and after war but they didn't live there then...So stuck can anyone suggest what i could do so i can get a birth cert for Frank Please. :-( Joanie

Joanie

Joanie Report 26 Dec 2016 00:44

Name: Mother's Maiden Surname:
COOPER, FRANK -
GRO Reference: 1913 J Quarter in BARNSLEY Volume 09C Page 610
COOPER, FRANK ....COBURN
GRO Reference: 1913 J Quarter in BEDWELLTY Volume 11A Page 167
COOPER, FRANK ......ROLLINSON
GRO Reference: 1913 J Quarter in WALSALL Volume 06B Page 1507
COOPER, FRANK .....VALENTINE
GRO Reference: 1913 J Quarter in ORMSKIRK Volume 08B Page 1697
COOPER, FRANK COLTMAN .....BREAKS
GRO Reference: 1913 J Quarter in LEEK Volume 06B Page 649
COOPER, FRANK JOSEPH .......MARSHALL
GRO Reference: 1913 J Quarter in ASTON Volume 06D Page 1277
COOPER, FRANK LESLIE .......HORSFIELD
GRO Reference: 1913 J Quarter in PENISTONE Volume 09C Page 695
COOPER, FRANK REGINALD .......SHERRATT
GRO Reference: 1913 J Quarter in BROMYARD Volume 06A Page 970

These are the names i found.

Dea

Dea Report 26 Dec 2016 10:35

Well, for a start, looking at the 1939, we discover that he probabl;y had a sister as sharing the house, although marked as a different household is a William E Steele and his wife Louisa. William has the same job as Frank and I suspect this is his marriage:

Marriages Sep 1935 (>99%)
***Cooper Louisa Steele Liverpool N. 8b 1186 Scan available - click to view
Kinsella John McIver Liverpool N. 8b 1186 Scan available - click to view
McIver Kathleen Kinsella Liverpool N 8b 1186 Scan available - click to view
***STEELE William E Cooper Liverpool N. 8b 1186 Scan available - click to view

Louisa was born in 1911 and I suspect that she is Frank's sister?

This is a birth which matches and there is a Frank on your list with the same mothers maiden name:

COOPER, LOUISA VALENTINE Order
GRO Reference: 1911 D Quarter in ORMSKIRK Volume 08B Page 1676

COOPER, FRANK .....VALENTINE
GRO Reference: 1913 J Quarter in ORMSKIRK Volume 08B Page 1697

I will look further............

Dea x

safc

safc Report 26 Dec 2016 10:50

????

1911 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription
62 Windsor Road Southport, Southport, Lancashire, England

Learn more
Print transcription View image
Household Members
First name(s) Last name Relationship Marital status Sex Occupation Age Birth year Birth place
Jane Cooper Head Widow Female - 76 1835 Morton Yorkshire
Transcription
Fred Joseph Cooper Son Single Male General Merchant 45 1866 Failsworth Lanc
Transcription
Magie Canoll Domestic Servant Single Female Domestic 48 1863 Limerick Resident

Joanie

Joanie Report 26 Dec 2016 11:00

I live 5 miles from Ormskirk and though that maybe the one, but could not match it up, so reluctant in buying cert , got half a dozen bought in error lol....I cannot find a Cooper marring a Valentine that fits....thank you for your kind help.x

Dea

Dea Report 26 Dec 2016 12:20

No, I can't find a Cooper/Valentine marriage to fit either but it still looks to be a good possibility for the births.

Perhaps they never actually married, or perhaps she had been married before?

Dea x

safc

safc Report 26 Dec 2016 12:28

Mabel G Cooper on the 1939 Register

1939 Register Transcription

Cooper Household (3 People) 26 Irton Road , Southport C.B., Lancashire, England
Attach to tree
View original image
Print
First name(s) Last name(s) DOB Sex Occupation Marital status Schedule Schedule Sub Number
Mabel G Cooper 28 Apr 1878 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married 239 2
Fred J Cooper 26 Apr 1865 Male General Merchant Married 239 1
Doris Cookson 08 Nov 1903 Female Domestic Service Single 239 3

safc

safc Report 26 Dec 2016 12:29

Marriages Sep 1920 (>99%)
Cooper Fred J Hesketh Ormskirk 8b 2116
Hesketh Mabel G Cooper Ormskirk 8b 2116
Holt Horace Purchon Ormskirk 8b 2116
Purchon Jane Holt Ormskirk 8b 2116

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 26 Dec 2016 12:50

Previous thread:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1337089

and there seems to have been another a few weeks before that, though I can't find it.

Joanie

Joanie Report 26 Dec 2016 14:02

I did try to find this but couldn't and my question is how do i sort out the Frank Coopers i have and wondered if there was another way to get birth cert with only his d.o.b....plus i had the 1939 info ArgyllGran as i try to find the answers myself if i can and i gave all info i had on this thread.

Joanie

Joanie Report 26 Dec 2016 14:16

Thank you safc for your help but unsure if this family link in as yet. I am looking at the moment at Mary Valentine's b.round 1889 who maybe was married before she married Joseph Cooper and that may help. Plus with the info from Dea i think i will send for birth cert for Frank with mother's maiden name as Valentine ....thank you folks i do try and find the info before i ask for help, but sometimes a fresh pair of eyes and experience see something i miss... <3

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Dec 2016 14:18

Well at the time he was born the mmn is on the gro index so you should be able to find the right birth

Dea

Dea Report 26 Dec 2016 15:28

I think it is a good move to buy that birth cert and I do hope it is the correct one.

It is just possible that the Mary who they were living with was another family member other than their mother?

If, for example, their mother had died, they may have been living with an aunt etc. ???

Do come back on here with the details from the birth cert when it arrives and we can look further.

Dea x

Joanie

Joanie Report 26 Dec 2016 16:46

Will do Dea...and thank you.x
<3

malyon

malyon Report 26 Dec 2016 23:42

could this be frank
Births Jun 1913 

Cooper
 Frank
 Cooper
 Barnsley
 9c

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 27 Dec 2016 03:04

If you know when and where he died and can identify the correct death certificate, that should hopefully say where he was born.

Joanie

Joanie Report 27 Dec 2016 08:58

I always thought the death cert was info given by the person who reported his death and if that was a 2nd/3rd partner who did not know him as a young person maybe it wasn't 100% correct ?...I have sent for the birth cert of Frank reg in Ormskirk last night , so folks will hang on with bated breath to see who the parents are should be here round 4th Jan '17 it say and will post on here the results then will get death cert...<3

Dea

Dea Report 27 Dec 2016 09:02

Cant wait............................ I can't seem to find anything further at the moment .

Dea x

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 27 Dec 2016 09:16

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/40526/page/3838/data.pdf

(not the one on above is he?, comes up on google)

Chris :)

Joanie

Joanie Report 27 Dec 2016 09:48

This is him Chris, i went to Liverpool and checked Electoral Rolls for them after the war and the name was not him living there...strange...thank you for this.x

p.s. First time Anthony has been shown....Mmmmmmm :-S

p.p.s. With the Anthony opens up a ? we now have 2 deaths with same birthday 25/04/1913..one in Channock 1982 and one in Scarborough in 1995 ....x