Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help please with birth record.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deborah

Deborah Report 22 Nov 2018 10:29

Could I please have some help/advise. Have death record for Beverley Richards. Qtr 2, Bedwellty, Monmouthshire. Vol 8c. Page 337. the death record states birth date for Beverley 13/6/1969. died age 0. Have been unable to find a record of her birth. Parents were Eiron and Valerie Richards (nee Edwards).

Could this have been a still birth please.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Nov 2018 10:37

Death certs are not issued for stillbirths - and there is a separate, closed, register for stillbirths.

?Birth from FMP - although the MMN doesn't match your info, so you may need to check your facts

First name(s) BEVERLEY
Last name RICHARDS
Birth year 1969
Birth quarter 2
Registration month -
Mother's maiden name Beddis
District Bedwellty
County Monmouthshire
Country Wales
Volume 8C
Page 452

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Nov 2018 10:41

This looks like the birth:-

First name(s) BEVERLEY
Last name RICHARDS
Birth year 1969
Birth quarter 2
Registration month -
Mother's maiden name Beddis
District Bedwellty
County Monmouthshire
Country Wales
Volume 8C
Page 452
Record set England & Wales Births 1837-2006

Kath. x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Nov 2018 10:48

Have you actually seen the death certificate or have you just found the entry in the death register? The certificate should name at least the father.

I would say the death you have found is for the birth given above and the parents in this case are likely to be from this marriage:-

First name(s) GWYN W
Last name RICHARDS
Marriage quarter 1
Marriage year 1963
Registration month -
MarriageFinder ™

GWYN W RICHARDS married one of these people

Susan R Beddis

Spouse's last name Beddis
District Bedwellty
District number -
County Monmouthshire
Country Wales
Volume 8C
Volume as transcribed 8C
Page number 211
Record set England & Wales Marriages 1837-2005

Also, on the death record it gives the gender for Beverley as Male.

Kath. x

Deborah

Deborah Report 22 Nov 2018 10:50

Hi Kath, yes I found that one (mmn Beddis) the death entry I found was through the Geneologist, and actually stated the date of birth. Thats is why I thought it strange. I do know for a fact that Eiron and Valerie had a daughter called Beverley who died, as she is named in Eirons obituary, along with his other children.

Deborah

Deborah Report 22 Nov 2018 10:53

Just the entry Kath. I have also seen the entry you just posted regards Gwyn W Richards. This is all a bit strange.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Nov 2018 10:56

Eirion and Valerie married in 1954 in Bridgend district - have you found births for any of the other children?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Nov 2018 10:58

Do you know the names of the other children to check their birth records to be sure of mother's maiden name (just in case she was known by more than one name)?

Kath. x

Deborah

Deborah Report 22 Nov 2018 10:59

Yes Ericka, through Free BMD. They are Sandra, Trevor, Deborah, Paula and Anthony, all born Bridgend. Wales.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Nov 2018 11:00

What was the precise wording of the obit in relation to 'Beverley'?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Nov 2018 11:02

I can't find a birth anywhere for a Beverley Richards with mother's maiden name Edwards.

Kath. x

Deborah

Deborah Report 22 Nov 2018 11:06

Eiron died 19 Dec 2014. His obituary reads, beloved husband of Valerie, and dearly loved father of Sandra Wayne Debbie Anthony Paula and the late Beverley.

Deborah

Deborah Report 22 Nov 2018 11:09

Thank you Kath, neither could I, that was why I thought maybe there would not be a birth cert for a still birth, but as Erika has advised me, there is a seperate closed register. This is obviously going to turn into another little mystery.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Nov 2018 11:11

Could Beverley be a daughter in law (wife of one of his sons?)

Kath. x

Deborah

Deborah Report 22 Nov 2018 11:16

Yes that is possible, I didn't think of that. I shall look for the marriages of the 2 sons.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Nov 2018 11:18

You refer to 'Trevor' - obit refers to 'Wayne'

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Nov 2018 11:19

Had either Eiron or Valerie been married before? Just in case Beverley was the child of a previous marriage???

Kath. x

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Nov 2018 11:21

Valerie married as 'Edwards'

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Nov 2018 11:21

In the births it looks like Trevor was Trevor W. (possibly Trevor Wayne).

Kath. x

Deborah

Deborah Report 22 Nov 2018 11:23

Erika - he was Trevor Wayne Richards (he is known as Wayne)

Kath - not that we know of, but I did think of it.