Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Twomey and Tattan born in Ireland

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 26 Jul 2021 18:44

Michael Twomey my Great-grandfather
B 1864
D Apr 13 1948
I have the following information from another thread Twomey Redmond Riordan Tattan and Cahill.

Party 1 Name MICHAEL TWOMEY
Party 2 Name HANORA TATTAN
Date of Event 24 November 1903
Group Registration ID 1926352
SR District/Reg Area Fermoy

Michael Twomey was married to Hanorah Tattan B my Great-grandmother B Mar 29 1872
All I get when I search for them is:-
0 matches for Michael Twomey
There are no results matching your search for Michael Twomey.
0 matches for Hanorah Tattan
There are no results matching your search for Hanorah Tattan.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Take care and have fun Shell x

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 26 Jul 2021 19:38

Michelle

Why have you started a new thread. I know you are looking for ancestors but this should have been added to your thread on Find Living Relatives.

It would also be helpful to researchers if you tell them where you got those results. I believe your original thread gives you ideas on how to search for Irish relatives.

safc

safc Report 26 Jul 2021 19:47

Census Years1911CorkCarrignavarGlashaboy NorthResidents of a house

Residents of a house 22 in Glashaboy North (Carrignavar, Cork)
Show all information
Surname Forename Age Sex Relation to head Religion Birthplace Occupation Literacy Irish Language Marital Status Specified Illnesses Years Married Children Born Children Living
Twomey Michael 50 Male Head of Family Roman Catholic Co Cork Farmer Read and write - Married - - - -
Twomey Norah 39 Female Wife Roman Catholic Co Cork - Read and write - Married - 7 4 4
Twomey John 6 Male Son Roman Catholic Co Cork - Cannot read - Single - - - -
Twomey Patrick 5 Male Son Roman Catholic Co Cork - Cannot read - Single - - - -
Twomey Michael 3 Male Son Roman Catholic Co Cork - Cannot read - Single - - - -
Twomey Jeremiah Male Son Roman Catholic Co Cork - Cannot read - Single -

Michelle

Michelle Report 26 Jul 2021 20:07

nameslessone I have started a new thread as I am looking for ancestors as far as I am aware this is the correct forum for this post. I will edit my post to say which thread I got the information from.
I am having no luck searching myself. I am a paid member on here, Ancestry, MyHeritage and https://rootsireland.ie/ifhf/index.php. I get no matches for my family names or hits in trees on the ones I know for sure. Any help I get is appreciated.

Thanks safc but Michael Twomey was definitely married to Hanorah Tattan
It is weird cause Norah John Patrick Michael and Jeremiah are all family names.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 26 Jul 2021 20:13

Erika gave you some other sites to look at on your other thread. Family Search does have some Irish Catholic records.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 26 Jul 2021 20:19

If the family were Catholic first names may have been written in Latin.
Surnames may also be given in the Irish spelling.

There are so many Twomeys on Ancestry from Cork it would appear to be a local name.

Added - Cork seems to have a Genealogy Society - it might be worth investigating what records they have.

safc

safc Report 26 Jul 2021 20:29

Name HANORAH TATTAN
Date of Birth 1872
Group Registration ID 10081198
Sex N/R
Mother's Birth Surname N/R

Report any error in transcription.

Report problems with image.

Photocopies or official certificates can be obtained via the following link.

Please see the following Frequently Asked Questions and Answers here.

father is john mother is catherine shea

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1872/03258/2194016.pdf

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 26 Jul 2021 20:59

"I will edit my post to say which thread I got the information from"

Is this your edited post?
"I have the following information from another thread Twomey Redmond Riordan Tattan and Cahill."

We know about your other thread - we've all been working on it, finding records for you.

That's not what Nameslessone meant.
We need to know where you got the information on your other thread - ie - where it all came from in the first place.

On your other thread you say you got some of it from a Facebook site.

Please give us a link to that.

If you've taken "information" from other people's family trees, then as I've said already on the other thread, it may well not be correct - and we've queried some of it on the other thread.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Jul 2021 21:15

Michelle

Please do not post more than one thread - doing so contravenes site guidelines and irritates people who try to help.

Michelle

Michelle Report 26 Jul 2021 22:18

Added - Cork seems to have a Genealogy Society - it might be worth investigating what records they have. They want 20 euro's lol

Face book group is Irish Genealogy Ancestors Research https://www.facebook.com/groups/278441113273195

The National archives of Ireland - http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/ http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Cork/Kildinan/Shanclough/1146315/

Roots Ireland ie - https://rootsireland.ie/ifhf/index.php

All help is appreciated Thank you x

safc

safc Report 26 Jul 2021 23:48

Census Years1901CorkKildinanMullentouraResidents of a house

Residents of a house 5 in Mullentoura (Kildinan, Cork)
Show all information
Surname Forename Age Sex Relation to head Religion Birthplace Occupation Literacy Irish Language Marital Status Specified Illnesses
Collins Patrick T 26 Male Head of Family Roman Catholic Co Cork Farmer Read and write - Not Married -
Tatton Hanoria 27 Female Servant Roman Catholic Co Cork General Servant Domestic Read and write - Not Married -
Tatton Julia 12 Female Visitor Roman Catholic Co Cork Scholar Read and write - - -
Report any error in transcription

not with parents but with sister julia

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1888/02493/1924816.pdf

safc

safc Report 26 Jul 2021 23:56

Residents of a house 2 in Mullentoura (Kildinan, Cork)
Show all information
Surname Forename Age Sex Relation to head Religion Birthplace Occupation Literacy Irish Language Marital Status Specified Illnesses
Tatton John 50 Male Head of Family Roman Catholic Co Cork Agricultural Labourer Read Irish and English Married -
Tatton Kate 45 Female Wife Roman Catholic Co Cork Wife Read and write Irish and English Married -
Tatton Patrick 10 Male Son Roman Catholic Co Cork Scholar Read and write - Not Married -
Tatton Bridget 8 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Co Cork Scholar Read and write - - -
Tatton Richard 5 Male Son Roman Catholic Co Cork Scholar Read - - -

Michelle

Michelle Report 27 Jul 2021 00:53

Michael Twomey B 1864 D Apr 13 1948 and Hanorah Tattan Mar 29 1872 D? had 5 sons
Richard Twomey My Grandfather B Jan 29 1915 D Aug 21 2005
Jeremiah Twomey B Dec 17 1910
Michael Twomey B Apr 9 1908
Patrick Twomey B May 12 1906
John Twomey B Sep 21 1904
My mum says she has copies of births for all of them.

The following is interesting Thank you safc!!
Tatton Hanoria 27 Female Servant Roman Catholic Co Cork General Servant Domestic Read and write - Not Married -
Tatton Julia 12 Female Visitor Roman Catholic Co Cork Scholar Read and write - - -

ErikaH
Please do not post more than one thread - doing so contravenes site guidelines and irritates people who try to help.

Sorry one thread is for Find Ancestors and one is for Find Living Relatives. I thought I had to start a new thread.

Thank you for the following again safc!!!!
Name HANORAH TATTAN
Date of Birth 1872
Group Registration ID 10081198
Sex N/R
Mother's Birth Surname N/R

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 27 Jul 2021 01:00

You can start new threads for different families, but as you had already mentioned the Twomeys and Tattons on your first thread, and people had spent time finding records for you, it would have been better to keep everything on one thread, to save possible duplication of research.

When one has spent time looking for records, it's very annoying to find that they've already been posted on another thread started by the same GR member.

Michelle

Michelle Report 27 Jul 2021 01:04

Sorry ArgyllGran I thought I was doing the right thing because of the diferent boards. I will not start new Threads again. Thanks every one for every thing you are doing.

There are 3 good pages on Facebook that I have been using.

Irish Genealogy Ancestors Research https://www.facebook.com/groups/278441113273195

The IRISH SURNAME REGISTRY https://www.facebook.com/groups/242472839254887

The Irish GEDmatch Registry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1269178080205069

This is a link to my Family tree on MyHeritage I could not upload my GEDcom to Genes Reunited despite successfully uploading to Geni and Ancestry.

https://www.myheritage.com/site-family-tree-828472601/milford

Thanks everyone for all your research :-D

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 27 Jul 2021 01:12

As I've posted on your other thread-
a record which some other Facebook user suggests to you isn't necessarily correct.

Same goes for the records we on GR find for you , of course.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Jul 2021 08:41

You need to start buying copy certs if you want to make accurate progress.

Also to look carefully at ALL info………..

On your other thread, you’ve linked a February 1854 baptism to a July 1855 birth……which simply isn’t possible

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 27 Jul 2021 08:50

So you don’t wAnt to spend money on a sub to a site that might well give you answers but are prepared to ask others to use their own site subscriptions. :-S

Michelle

Michelle Report 27 Jul 2021 09:11

nameslessone
I am on Disability benefits. I pay for a subscription to MyHeritage , Ancestry and Genes Reunited and a one of fee of £20 to RootsIreland.ie I can not afford any more. So the answeres will remain hidden till I save up or get some cash for my birthday in September :-S

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 27 Jul 2021 09:44

I don't know where you are based but if you are in England it may be worth looking at whether your library service allows remote access to Ancestry.

Have you contacted anyone through your Gedmatches and have you tried the My heritage autoclusters? I found that last one quite useful. On both of those you can actually see where you dna markers match.