Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

IGI Gloucestershire and Wiltshire lookups offered

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 May 2005 12:17

I have some fiche's on the IGI's for Gloucestershire and Wiltshire and would be willing to do look ups, however I am not sure if there is anything extra to the Mormon site, which definitely has more details, so would advise you to look that up first. Seems to be mainly births/christenings and marriages. Please note have an old Fiche reader, which does not copy or print and is rather large, so not able to place near the computer, I have to write all the information down and then re-type to computer so would not be able to do blanket searches of names.

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 30 May 2005 01:17

Hi Maureen Would you be able to check this IGI entry for me, I suspect that either the year is out by 10 or maybe she was baptised as a 10-year-old. Or maybe there's another Ann Telling baptised in the Fairford area c1815?: ANN TELLING Christening: 11 MAR 1825 Fairford, Gloucester, England Parents: Father: WILLIAM TELLING Mother: ANN Many thanks, Richard

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 May 2005 14:18

Hi Karen Sorry I checked both names both on the IGI for Gloucestershire and the BIVR index which I have and could find nothing. Let me know if you need anything else in the future. Good Luck Maureen

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 May 2005 14:23

Hi Richard Nothing else in Fairford around that time for Ann Telling I have exactly the same dates as you, however if you have a Mormon History centre by you they would send for the records which would have more information on them, the batch/film number you need is CO45141. Just as a matter of interest one of my relatives where born in 1810 but christened in 1808 according to the IGI, I think probably they did not always know there age, also I have been told that as christenings were expensive they used to have a few children done together so she could have been older. Sorry could not be more help, but do get back to me if i can be of any more asistance. Good Hunting Maureen

moggyrud

moggyrud Report 30 May 2005 14:38

Thanks for the offer.....l am after a marriage for Edward Brown and Ann Barnes, in Wiltshire, sometime in the early 1860's. Thanks you maureen

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 May 2005 15:29

Hi Maureen Nothing under either name on the IGI for Wiltshire. Checked the BIVR Index and only one Edward Brown marrying in Wiltshire at that time 1861 was to an Ellen. No Ann Barnes marrying in Wiltshire, although the BIVR index isn't a complete record. Sorry I could not help this time but if you need anything else please contact me. maureen

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 30 May 2005 15:30

Hi Maureen Thanks anyway for looking, I think I'll have to get the film of the original parish registers in, to try & sort this one out! It's a bit of a strange one - the IGI has Ann's parents (William & Ann) marrying on 11-Mar-1815, exactly 10 years to the day before daughter Ann was christened (11-Mar-1825) ... yet Ann jnr married in Fairford 12-Oct-1834, so either she was already several years old when christened, or she was only 9 when she married! Ann's burial age suggests that her birth-year was c1814 so I wonder if she was born before the marriage, the parents held out on the baptism until after they'd tied the knot, then forgot about it for the next 10 years! Their other 10 kids (all born after 1815) were all baptised individually, several of them before Ann in 1825, so don't think it was to save money! Cheers, Richard

moggyrud

moggyrud Report 30 May 2005 16:43

Hi Maureen, Thank you for looking for me.....back to the drawing board......but perhaps they never maried!!!!! Maureen

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 May 2005 17:00

Maureen This is a slim hope, I am sure I will need to go to the Glos. Records Office to sort it out, BUT if you could look for me I would be chuffed. I am wanting to find the marriage between John Mealing (b. Guiting Power c.1805) and Mary unknown (b. Barnsley, Glos. c. 1812. Many thanks. I am really wanting Mary's maiden name. nell

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 May 2005 17:24

Hi Helen I am afraid no record of the marriage, I have John's birth but presume you have all the details of that, if not let me know and will copy them. Have checked BIVR as well and no record on that either. Maureen

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 May 2005 18:07

Maureen Thanks for looking. I think I will have to shell out and buy the birth cert of one of their children born AFTER 1837, except that the only ones on Freebmd say 'female' and 'male' - though the dates tally, I will have to get GRO to check its the right one which is another hurdle! Thanks again for your time. nell

Mike

Mike Report 30 May 2005 18:57

hello maureen, can you look up birth or christening of a Sarah harris b c1806 in danesbury wiltshire. I'm hoping to find her parents names especially her mothers maiden name. be grateful for any information regards michael

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 30 May 2005 19:08

Hi Maureen Could you check for a marriage between Benjamin Legge and Mary? in Gloucestershire - possibly Stanton where Mary was born or Cheltenham where eldest child was born in 1817. Thanks Jacqui

Star

Star Report 30 May 2005 21:12

Looking for 2 marriages Glos William Buckland to a Joannah?or Hannah ?1829/1830 William Wiggins to a Mary ? around Sudely?Winchcombe area ?1795 ish Thank you Cherry

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 May 2005 11:00

Hi Michael Can find nothing in Danesbury but not sure how near this is to bradford on avon This is the only one I have for 1806 Sarah Harris parents James and Mary Harris christened 22nd March 1806 Bradford on Avon Wesleyan Methodist. Looked at marriages of James and came up with two possibles James m Mary Davis 19 April 1793 West Lavington James m Mary Gurd 25 Sept 1799 Donhead St Mary Hope this helps let me know if you need anything else. Maureen

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 May 2005 11:22

Hi Jacquui Nothing I am afraid checked both IGI and BIVR index. Sorry Maureen

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 May 2005 11:26

Hi Cheryl I am afraid I could find nothing on either marriage n the IGI or BIVR index. I did find a Willliam Wiggins parents William and Mary christened Winchcombe 6th Nov 1808, but I expect that you have got that already. Sorry I could be no more help but do get back to me if you need anything else maureen

Yve

Yve Report 31 May 2005 12:07

Dear Maureen, Please could you look up Marlborough, Wiltshire IGI: Marriage William Port and Susannah Thorngate c1858 A daughter Martha Mary Port was christened in Marlborough (born late 1859). I do not know if she was the first child, I suspect so. Susannah Thorngate was christened in St Marys Marlborough on 1 April 1827, parents Wm and Mary Thorngate. I'd like to find out a bit about William Port if possible. Any info on either family would be most welcome. Thank you for the effort you use to help others. Yve

Mike

Mike Report 31 May 2005 13:22

thanks maureen, really appreciate the information you've given me, i'm pretty sure the james and mary gurd are the right couple. could i take the liberty and ask for another look up. i've got a william lewis b 1813 in burbage wilts and his wife mary b 1814 in great bedwyn wilts. would love to know any info on wifes maiden name . parents of them and anything you can find. thanks again. all the best and good luck michael

Star

Star Report 31 May 2005 13:46

Thank you for looking Cherry