Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Unwanted Certs...add yours here

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kerry

Kerry Report 11 Feb 2005 22:13

From talking to alot of people on GR, alot of us have unwanted certs that may be of some use to other people. GR do not have anywhere you can put them, so people have suggested starting a thread. If this is against GR rules, I`ll happily remove the thread.

Kerry

Kerry Report 11 Feb 2005 22:14

Marriage Cert: William John Hayes and Patricia Louise Stubbing contact me if your interested.

SilverLady

SilverLady Report 17 Mar 2005 17:36

I have so many unwanted b/m/d certs. I will add one here. Catherine Gunter and Walter Gardner. I will happily give details. Great idea. Marianne.

Jan

Jan Report 17 Mar 2005 17:55

My 'wrong ones' are gathering rapidly. I've listed them below. Birth certs William Thomas BAILEY 1854. St. Pancras, Somers Town, Middx Parents: Thomas Bailey + Sarah Alfred Ernest BAILEY 1892 St. Olave, Southwark Parents: Alfred Benjamin Bailey + Sarah Ann Albert Ernest BAILEY 1893, Lewisham, London Parent: Charles Bailey + Clara Caroline SMITH 1829 Cawnpore, East Indies Parents: Joseph Smith + Margaret Caroline Augustus SMITH 1830 Secunderbad Parents: Andrew Francis Smith + Sussannah I also have records for one EDWIN BAILEY c.1890 from The Duke of York's Royal Military School Contact me by e-mail if you think any of the above are your rellies. Jan

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Mar 2005 23:08

Birth Cert Chester-le-Street, Durham. 17 Sep 1860 Mary Close, daughter of Joseph Close Coalminer and Mary Close formerly Plues. residenceSpoutburn, Lamesley

Janet

Janet Report 18 Mar 2005 19:28

Thanks for your efforts Margaret - found it! I have also placed my 'wrong' certificate on that bmd-cert-exch-site mentioned. Mine is a Marriage Certificate for a William Clifton and Rebecca Stephens in the Parish Church of West Bromwich, Staffs on 18th April 1859. William's father was James Clifton and Rebecca's Samuel Stephens. Both groom and fathers were 'boatmen'. Witnesses were Thomas Stephens and Sarah Ann Clifton. Anybody out there who recognises these names is welcome to my mistake. Sounds like I'm lucky to have only made one, from all the other comments! Janet.

Sue

Sue Report 20 Mar 2005 21:37

PIERCE GEORGE Birth - 25th February 1872 in Brighton Parents - David Pierce and Annie Pierce formerly Elliott. Father's occupation ???? journeyman

Lynette

Lynette Report 20 Mar 2005 21:42

Fantastic Idea!!!!!!! I have an unwanted birth certificate SARAH ANN THOMPSON FEB 1862 WOLVERHAMPTON FATHER- JOHN THOMPSON MOTHER - SARAH DOLMAN

sarahjw03

sarahjw03 Report 20 Mar 2005 21:54

Right, here we go: Births 1846 Pancras - Sarah Jane Sutherland 1848 Bethnal Green - Emily Ward 1853 Greenwich - George William Appleby Marriages 1867 Mile End Old Town - George Read to Ellen Walker 1842 Deptford - John Appleby to Sarah Rebecca Larking (or Larkins) Deaths 1875 Blything - Sarah Baker 1858 Greenwich - John Appleby 1881 Lewisham - Sarah Rebecca Appleby Anyone interested, send me an email. Sarah

Maureen

Maureen Report 20 Mar 2005 22:03

Hi Great idea Kerry thanks I have 3 birth certs. 1. Margaret Boreham 1854 Mile End Town Parents Joseph Boreham & Maria Boreham nee Boswell 2. Emily Jane Cox 1849 Somerset Parents Richard Cox & Mary Jane ??????????? Cox Sorry can't understand writing. 3. Edward Fitchett 1883 Oxford Parents William Fitchett & Sarah Jane Fitchett nee Greenwood Be glad to pass them on contact me. Regards Maureen

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 21 Mar 2005 00:37

Thank goodness I am not the only one to order the wrong certificates. I have two unwanted certificates plus a lot of census returns and BMD info for the Berry and Enoch Families of Oxfordshire. They turned out not to be the right families. Louisa Mary Berry born 1874 Oxford, Oxfordshire to William and Mary (Enoch) Berry. Marriage certificate for William Berry and Mary Enoch. If they match up with anyone's family I will be more than happy to pass on all the info. I have about these two families. Susan

Linda

Linda Report 21 Mar 2005 02:05

Hi, Birth cert for William Henry Timson, father Samuel and mother Mary. Please e-mail me. Linda

Lisa

Lisa Report 17 Apr 2005 09:43

I've got Marriages Henry George Woodman to Mary Elizabeth Whitting at Bristol Register Office 4th June 1883 Albert Barnett to Mary Brett at the Parish Church of St Philip and Jacob, April 3rd 1873 Birth George Henry Woodman 27th September 1871 Father Henry Woodman mother Jane Woodman formerly Gwent (at least that what it looks like!), place of birth was Staple Hill, Mangotsfield Bristol Any takers? Lisa

StephScouser

StephScouser Report 17 Apr 2005 10:02

i have a death for a William McLaughlin aged 10 hours in 1887. He died at 31 beatrice st the mother must have died to beacuse she is not on there there is only his father William McLaughlin who is a mariner and the childs great aunt Mary Knowles who was present at death and lived at 5 Caradoc? Square Latimer Street in Liverpool. The death took place in Everton north in liverpool. Hope this is of some help to anyone any queries just send a message.

Annabel

Annabel Report 18 Mar 2006 01:10

Mine is marriage of Frank Ernest Rickards and Mary Ann Nicholas 1927 Marlborough Wiltshire cheers Annabel

Liberty64

Liberty64 Report 18 Mar 2006 02:11

You can also register unwanted certs on following site for free: Remove brackets! www(.)bmd-cert-exch-site(.)ourwardfamily(.)com Lib

Annabel

Annabel Report 18 Mar 2006 08:44

Lib what a great site have put my cert details on it thanks for the info. cheers ANNABEL

Ian

Ian Report 23 Mar 2006 21:35

Death Certificate Name: Robert Thomson Date: 25/11/1868 Age: 47 Occupation: Staff Serjeant, Yeomanry Cavalry Registration District: Saint Andrew, Newcastle on Tyne

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 23 Mar 2006 21:37

there is also a thread on tips too for unwanted certs Jeanette

Michelle

Michelle Report 20 Apr 2006 14:13

I have Charles Henry Davison born 20 May 1905 Hunslet Leeds father Herbert Davison mother Sarah Ann Church Anyone want it?(send a pm if you do)