Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Well cut off my legs & call me shorty !!!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 10 Nov 2004 09:39

It never ceases to amaze me what you can do online. I just discovered Streetmap.*co.uk, put in a street name of my 1871 ancestors address, & there is the street!! Not only that, it shows that all his children only moved to the next block. Ahhhhhh..a successful night at last. LOL

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 10 Nov 2004 09:50

yes Elise, I received 2 birth certs today which gave me 2 more maiden names. I can't find any record of either of them for births deaths or marriages. Soooooooooo frustrating. That's why I am stoked to find a positive. woohoooooooo I am going to find some more addresses now!!

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 10 Nov 2004 09:59

Streetmap is a wonderful resource providing there have been no alterations to the road layout in the intervening years. Karen, If they were living in London don't forget to check www.boothlse.ac.uk this will give you an idea of how your ancestors lived. Also, I have the Victorian A-Z for London, so I may be able to check if the road has changed names. Just message me. Janet

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 10 Nov 2004 10:05

well.......It would probably just frustrate other people as well. BUT, if anyone is looking for something to do........LOL My ancestors mother on his birth cert was Anna Walford, formerly Dinenage. From a census I know she was born in Bristol Gloucestershire about 1831. Too early for the BMD She lived in Gravesend after she was married to James Angus Walford. Can't find her marriage, but found a possible brother - William H.

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 10 Nov 2004 10:07

Janet, is Streetmap current streets? I am amazed that all the streets are still there then. I wondered why it said Gravesend when I was looking for Milton. I discovered my family only moved about 2 blocks in their lives !! LOL

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 10 Nov 2004 10:14

Yes it's only current streets.

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 10 Nov 2004 10:31

wow, how did you do that Elise?? I think my ancestors hide when they know I am looking for them !?!? Thanks very much for your help!! cheers

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 10 Nov 2004 10:38

Have you got this from the 1871 Karen? Ann Walford 41 Bristol Wife Milton Kent Annie A Walford 5 Gravesend, Kent, England Daughter Milton Kent Florence A Walford 22 Gravesend, Kent, England Daughter Milton Kent James A Walford 48 Gravesend, Kent, England Head Milton Kent John Alfred Walford 11 Gravesend, Kent, England Son Milton Kent Maria Walford 14 Gravesend, Kent, England Daughter Milton Kent William Hy Walford 3 Gravesend, Kent, England Son Milton Kent Emily Warr 20 Weedon, Northamptonshire, England Boarder Milton Kent Jeanette x

Geoff

Geoff Report 10 Nov 2004 10:48

Karen There is a TV presenter called Fred Dinenage who (I think) comes from Hampshire. He is easily found on Google.

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 10 Nov 2004 10:55

thanks Jeanette, i did have that family. They are the ones I found on Streetmap in Peacock st. Another address was Wellington st, next block, & the family ended up in Clifton Grove which is a couple of blocks away. Funny because that families uncles were on ships & boats so would have travelled everywhere.

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 10 Nov 2004 10:56

really !?!?!? I am related to someone famous?!!?!? I'll go google him. Hope he is a nice person, and goodlooking !!! LOL

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 10 Nov 2004 10:57

Geoff, HOW!

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 10 Nov 2004 10:58

'Fraid you're gonna be disappointed when it come to looks! lol Jeanette x

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 10 Nov 2004 10:59

woah..... he has been on the Goodies!! He IS famous !! LOL

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 10 Nov 2004 11:06

well I had never heard of the name Dinenage before this afternoon when I received a birth cert. My ancestor James Angus Walford married Anna Dinenage in 1847. She was born in Bristol & married in Hampshire. So I guess if Fred was born in 1942, we missed each other by 100 years !!! LOL He was born in Birmingham.....is that close???

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 10 Nov 2004 11:07

you know what is scary?? He looks a lot like my husband !!! pppppffffftttttttt

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 10 Nov 2004 11:10

Karen Are you the Karen in Australia with the Bradys? lol Jeanette x

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 10 Nov 2004 11:15

Oh no what a thought.......being related to my husband twice !!!! My mother in law has done his tree I think......I'm not sure if I'm game to look at it !!!! yikes

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 10 Nov 2004 11:15

Jeanette do you mean the Brady Bunch???

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 10 Nov 2004 11:19

Indeed I do! lol Jeanette x