Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can do look ups for london 1861!! I'M BACK

Page 0 + 1 of 9

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Penny

Penny Report 22 Jun 2004 12:08

but need name address and area be patient with me as im new to doing look ups, can check index only without full address, index is incomplete. penny

Louisa

Louisa Report 22 Jun 2004 12:15

HI Penny Thank you for the offer, I am hoping you might be able to find any MERLOCK surnames on the 1861. During 1871 John was 3 and his mum Anna was 26 but I am looking for his dad Charles MERLOCK. In 1871 Anna and John were living at Perservance Place And John was born in St Geo East. Any thing at all would be great Regards Louisa

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 22 Jun 2004 12:33

Hi Penny Would you be able to give me the details for the following, which I found on the index (I don't have access to the images): Area: Hoxton New Town, Shoreditch. Piece 238, Folio 33a: John Boyd, ??? Elizabeth Boyd, 39 Elizabeth Boyd, 17 Would love to know address, birthplaces, relationship, etc for the above. Many thanks, Richard

Georgina

Georgina Report 22 Jun 2004 13:08

Hi Penny, Great, Lynda was going to try and do mine before she went on holiday but didn't get a chance. She said she was sure someone else would be on the board that could do it. I am looking to see if anyone by the the surname of Francis was living at Vere Street, St. Clement Danes. A Richard Francis was living there in 1841 but I do not have a house number. I have just updated this message because I had put out a request for some info yesterday for 1841, 1851 and 1861. Somebody replied to the 1841 part and I think when you make a request and people see there has been a reply they assume it has all been dealt with but luckily somebody else has just replied to the 1861 bit but I did not request the above info. Any help would be really appreciated. Georgina

Penny

Penny Report 22 Jun 2004 16:26

hi louise there is a name index for 1861 but it is incomplete, i checked it for charles merlock but im sorry to say he wasn't listed. i need an address to search the census sorry! penny

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Jun 2004 16:57

Penny thank you. I don't know if you will find this, but could you look up 12 and 13 Hornsey Road, Lower Holloway, Islington for a Thomas MATTHEWS b. 1838 Whichford, Warwickshire and Eliza MOORE b Cambridge 1843? Many thanks. Helen

Penny

Penny Report 22 Jun 2004 17:05

hi richard address : 32 allerton st. john boyd head 40? shoreditch middlesex carman elizabeth wife 39 *******ley middlesex elizabeth daur 17 westminster middlesex hope this helps penny

Penny

Penny Report 22 Jun 2004 17:07

hi georgia do you know what area this comes under please penny

Penny

Penny Report 22 Jun 2004 17:27

sorry helen no matthews in hornsey road islington, i check the whole street. penny

frogget

frogget Report 22 Jun 2004 17:51

Hi Penny, Thanks very much for the offer. Please could you have a look for the following families :- Spelzini's could be at 11 Beauchamp Street, Leather Lane Holborn or 31 or 32 Hatton wall, Hatton Garden. Ballard's - Charlotte Place/Ernest Street, Lambeth. Barry's - 2 Walton Court, Whitechaple. Shepherd's - ? 2 Pontypool Place, Southwark. Quinlan's - 42 Samuel Street, St George in the East. I know it's a lot and I don't want to take advantage of your generosity so please only do what you are happy with. I can do Ancestory look ups in return if you need anything. Thanks again, Julie.

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Jun 2004 17:57

Penny Thank you for looking. I know where he was in 1851 and in 1865, I just need to find out where he was in between! Cheers, Helen

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 22 Jun 2004 19:13

hi penny i wonder if you find a richard and sarah hatton for me please. they would be living in camberwell with their daughters sarah and jane richard would be approx 40yrs old, thankyou susie

Penny

Penny Report 22 Jun 2004 20:06

hi julie have sent you an email penny

Penny

Penny Report 22 Jun 2004 20:13

Hi I am looking for James and Elizabeth Bent in St Pancras possibly with children Henry would be 16, plus Thomas and Sarah Barnes Islington 1 son called Thomas aged 1, anything would be brilliant. If poss James Pottinger 10 son of William and Elizabeth, known siblings William21, Albert 18, Matilda & Elizabeth 15+ James 10 or 11. Shoreditch/Bethnal Green Penny

Penny

Penny Report 22 Jun 2004 20:14

hi susie sorry but i need an address to search images, i checked the index but nothing sorry penny

Penny

Penny Report 22 Jun 2004 20:19

Thanx Penny It was worth a try, but unfortunately any marriage certs I have just say the area and of full age so it is making life very difficult.Thanx again Penny

Penny

Penny Report 22 Jun 2004 21:29

hi penny sorry no trace on index for barnes or pottinger, found this on bent family, looks like them?? james bent head 54 beer retailer city elizabeth wife 50 city elizabeth daur 19 middlesex kentish town henry son 15 " " " penny

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 22 Jun 2004 21:42

penny thankyou for looking.they were living at canterbury rd in 1871 if this is any help susie

Shirley

Shirley Report 22 Jun 2004 22:16

Penny would you mind looking on your index for the name MOLSON I have an address for them in 1853 as 5 Penton St Clerkenwell, but in 1863 they were in Lambeth. Thanks Shirley

Georgina

Georgina Report 22 Jun 2004 22:40

Hi Penny, As far asI know St. Clement Danes, The Strand is an area with its own name if you know what i mean. Georgina