Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

London 1861 census Index - Rel 2 Look-ups

Page 0 + 1 of 11

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 6 Jan 2004 17:03

I have the London 1861 census Index -Rel 2 . If anybody would like me to do a look up for them, i will be more than happy to do a search. However there are only 372,451 entries . I have not had any luck once again! I will reply to your search as soon as i can. The Index only Lists :- Surname, Name/s, Age, Area of residence, Piece no, Folio no. I will be unable to inform you of :- Place of birth, Occupation, Address or Relationship. In some cases i may beable to inform you if there were other family members living close to your relatives with the same surname. All the best Sarah

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 6 Jan 2004 17:07

Second time lucky, I hope I am looking for Edward/Edwin Littlejohns age would be about 31 in 1861 he was born in Plymouth Devon. I would expect he would be in the Bloomsbury or Holborn area as his daughter Sarah Jane was born in 1861. regards, Siobhan

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 6 Jan 2004 17:16

Hi Sarah Thanks for the offer, much appreciated. Am looking for Dennis and Bridget Lane. Would be in the Holborn/Strand/ St Giles area. Thanks Lynda

Sarah

Sarah Report 6 Jan 2004 17:44

Hi Siobhan There are 27 Littlejohns listed. However sorry to say no Edward/Edwin or Sarah. All the best. Sarah

Sarah

Sarah Report 6 Jan 2004 17:47

Hi Lynda Ive found them !!!!! St Giles,St Giles ine the Fields. Piece 169 Folio 40B Bridget age 30 Dennis age 38 Well i hope its them , all the best Sarah

Michele

Michele Report 6 Jan 2004 18:44

Hi Sarah, I would be most grateful if you could look up Adelaide Hicks born about 1856 in the St Pancras area she should be with parents James & Mary and one known brother William. Many thanks for your offer Michele

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 6 Jan 2004 18:57

Thanks Sarah I am not having much luck finding him prior to 1881, think it is possibly the surname Littlejohns and the fact it is often transcribed wrongly. so far I have found it as: Littlestone Lillie John then Little as middle name Johns as surname. The list goes on.

Philip

Philip Report 6 Jan 2004 19:07

If you are able to look up the SOUTHWOOD name I would be most appreciative. Phil Southwood

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 6 Jan 2004 19:39

Sarah Thanks so much. Have been searching for them in 1861 for ages. Now off to find them in the census. Wish me luck! I'm sure it's them. Lynda

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 6 Jan 2004 20:01

Hi Sarah I know I had no luck with the Littlejohns. But I am hoping I will trace my other G G G Grandparents I am looking for James Mansfield who would be aged 21 approx and was born in Benfleet Essex. He married Ada Michelin in 1861, who is the same age and was born in Marylebone London. She may already be Ada Mansfield in the 1861, census. But I am hoping to trace both of them and the households. Regards

Shona

Shona Report 6 Jan 2004 20:20

Hi If possible I am looking for a Norris family Jeremiah(or William) Norris Age 35 Emma Norris age 32 Thomas Norris age 11 Henry Norris age 9 George Norris age 5 Very grateful for your time Shona

Annie in

Annie in Report 6 Jan 2004 21:07

Hi,Sarah, Am looking for a Jane Catherine Mcfarlane. All I know is she was born in London in 1850. She later lived in the Haverstock hill area and Acton. Would appreciate any help,though realise it's not a lot to go on. Many thanks Diane

Sarah

Sarah Report 6 Jan 2004 22:03

Hi Michele I dont know if you want all of this but i found a Adelaide and others who have the same surname and Piece and Folio number:- Living Pancras Kentish Town Piece 123 Folio 11 James HICKS age 41 Margaret HICKS age 34 James R HICKS age 15 Richard T HICKS age 13 William H A HICKS age 11 Adelaide R HICKS age 5 Alice A HICKS age 1 I hope that helps Sarah

Sarah

Sarah Report 6 Jan 2004 22:08

Ruth There is 1 Alfred RANDALL listed age 17 living in Hackney,Hackney Piece 158 Folio 112 Also there is a A M RANDALL age 17 Hampstead, Hampstead Piece 091 Folio 037 There are 2 William listed 1 age 35 the other 58 . However they are not living with Alfred or AM . Sorry i was not more help. All the best Sarah

Sarah

Sarah Report 6 Jan 2004 22:09

Hi Philip There are 24 SOUTHWOODs listed. Most of them are living Pancras Camden Town. Hope that helps Sarah

Sarah

Sarah Report 6 Jan 2004 22:11

Hi Sue There was only 1 James J listed with surname spelt HORN age 2 from Pancras Regents Park. All the best Sarah

Michele

Michele Report 6 Jan 2004 22:15

Hi Sarah, Many many Thanks for the info on Adelaide it sounds like the right family to me. along with a few others i didn't know about. your help and time looking this up is very much appreciated Many Thanks once again Michele

Sarah

Sarah Report 6 Jan 2004 22:17

Hi Siobham The only James i could find close enough was James MANSFIELD age 23 Kensington ,St Johns Paddington. Piece 7 Folio 99B. There are 3 Michelins Listed Charles MICHELIN age 54 Henry MICHELIN age 45 Susanah MICHELIN age 82 all living Pancras Somerstown. Piece 112 Folio 74. Ive also had another look for your LITTLEJOHN . Ive checked :- LITTLE LITTLEMORE LITTLEJONS LITTLELES LITTLESTONE LITTLEWHITE LITTLEWOOD and others. Iam sorry to say i could not find anything. All the best Sarah

Sarah

Sarah Report 6 Jan 2004 22:18

Hi Shona Sorry but for the ages you gave me i was unable to find a match with the name. All the best Sarah

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 6 Jan 2004 22:21

thanks for that will look into the James Mansfield you gave me. Perhaps he was married to Ada at time of the census, which is why there is no Ada Michelin. Thanks Siobhan