Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN Co. DUBLIN

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 7 Jan 2009 12:59

My original thread has vanished……. so let’s start again….

We all know how difficult it is tracing the Irish so if any of your ancestors came from Co. Dublin, place their names here and lets see if we can help one another knock down some brick walls!

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 7 Jan 2009 12:59

Daniel BRADY & wife Marie MURPHY both born c.1810 and they lived in Rathmines Co Dublin and Dublin City.

John BRADY of 10 Uppr Camden St, Rathmines at the time of his marriage in 1868 to Catherine DEVINE of 26 Anna Villa Cullenswood, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin.

Daniel BRADY of South Richmond St. Rathmines married 1881 to Elenora (Ellen) CURRY of Rathmines.

Patrick BRADY of Rathmines married 1882 to
Mary McDERMOTT of Rathmines.

Agnes BRADY b.1876 Rathmines, believed to have married a John SHEEHAN.

Daniel BRADY b.1879 Rathmines died c.1919 Dublin. Did he marry and have any family?

Patrick O’BRIEN & Emily BRADY b.1911

Susan MURRAY & Charles BRADY b.1912 Dublin

Bridget CONBOY (born c.1856 Roscommon) and Michael BRADY born c.1855 Co Dublin? This couple lived in Rathmines and then Dublin City.

Joseph POLLARD b.1860 Dublin City & Margaret LAWLESS c.1860, both lived and died in Dublin City.

Laurence LAWLESS... Spouse: Mary Ann Hogan
father of Margaret Lawless living in Mulgrove St., Kingstown, Co. Dublin in 1882.
Other children...

Michael LAWLESS baptised in RC Church on 23 Feb 1859. Address Monkstown, KINGSTON, Co Dublin. Sponsors: Thomas Baker & Margaret Ferns.

Julia LAWLESS Baptism 25 May 1855 RC Kingstown, Co Dublin.
Sponsor: Anne HOGAN

Edward LAWLESS b.1864, Kingstown, Co. Dublin
Alice LAWLESS b.1866, Kingstown, Co. Dublin

Thomas POLLARD & Mary Bridget QUIGLEY. This couple lived in Dublin City from at least 1860

John QUIGLEY

tinaj

tinaj Report 7 Jan 2009 13:32

My GGG Grandparents are from Dublin:

Francis SWAN c 1823 ( a Brass Finisher) and his wife Elizabeth (maiden name unknown) c 1831 had the following children in Dublin

Daniel c 1851
Maria Anna G c 1853 - my GG Grandmother
Eliza c 1855
Ann c 1857
Edward c 1859
Isabella c 1861

The family then moved to Liverpool and continued to grow

John c 1867
Robert c 1869

Maria married William Seddon Meadows in Liverpool in 1875 - but I can't read all of her name, so don't know what the G stands for (could be Glenda / Gwenda ?)

I would love to hear from anyone who recognises this family or knows anything about them

Tina x

Evelyn

Evelyn Report 7 Jan 2009 17:54

My G Grandparents;
Henry Edward Herra b.1850, m to Deborah Good.

They had Mary 1871, Frances 1873, Deborah 1875, Edward James 1876, Francis 1880. There may have been a Harold also.

Henry Edward's second marriage to an Elizabeth Angela produced Dominic 1901, Catherine 1903, George 1906, Patricia 1908, and Louisa 1911. This family is on the 1911 Dublin census. Then they moved to the UK..

Hoping to hear from somebody!

Frances in Norwich

Frances in Norwich Report 11 Jan 2009 17:45

Joseph Alderson EGGLESTON married Catherine Louisa GOULD at St. Michael the Archangel, Dublin in 1852.
They had a son, also named Joseph Alderson EGGLESTON b. 1853 Limerick.

Would be grateful for any information, especially about Catherine Gould.

Thanks

Frances

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 11 Jan 2009 22:49

Tina
Have you sent off for either of the birth certificates of the children who were born in liverpool as this will give you their mother's maiden name which should help you to find a connection...or some other info

You stated that your GGG Grandparents are from Dublin, Francis SWAN c 1823 ( a Brass Finisher) and his wife Elizabeth (maiden name unknown) c 1831. and that these two were born in Liverpool.

John c 1867
Robert c 1869

tinaj

tinaj Report 14 Jan 2009 23:44

Hi Teresa

Thanks for that - no I haven't ordered on of the younger boys' birth certs.

I do feel silly! I will will do that as once I know her maiden name I should be able to order a marriage certificate as I have a rough idea of when to look.

Thank you
Tina x

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 14 Jan 2009 23:53

John Farran b 1823/25 Dublin

I think he was in England by 1851.

Thanks for the look up

Hazel

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 27 Jan 2009 11:45

Nudge for Jackie

*stinkermurdock*

*stinkermurdock* Report 21 Feb 2009 12:38

My info is a little sketchy, but this is what I have

I am looking for an Edward Ringwood, who had a daughter called Lizzie or Elizabeth Ringwood. she married in 1908 to Charles Sims in the registrars office in Dublin. Her father was dead at tht time of her marriage, occupation is a labourer. Elizabeths address at marriage is 33 The Coombe. This is the only information that I have at this time. I have looked at the 1911 census for Dublin, and there is a Margaret Ringwood who is a Widow living at 8 Coombe Street, but I am not sure if this is the same place.

If anyone has any info or advice I would be very grateful.

Thanks
Tracie.

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 21 Feb 2009 17:06

Tracie

If the marriage certificate gives her age, you could try and order her birth certificate from Ireland to find out for sure, her mother's name....as at least you know her father's name..Edward Ringwood.

http://www.groireland.ie/ for Southern Ireland.

You cannot order on line but you can by post as long as you have a credit card.
If then can find it, your credit card will be charged in £'s but the receipt will be in €'s.

Just go to their website and print off the application form and fill in all the details that you know. If she married in Co Dublin there is a good chance that she came fom there...but no guarantee of course.

You can also search the IGI records on
www.familysearch.org/
for Edward Ringwood or just the surname Ringwood under 'Region' and select British Isles, Ireland and Co. Dublin.

You can also search on here:

http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/#p=0

Just enter Edward Ringwood then enter just Dublin, Ireland.
This will show all records that have been transcribed so far for that name and you might find his marriage record.

Just selecting Births/Christenings, Marriage or Deaths doesn't always bring up a specific record for the name you are looking for.

Hope this helps you.

*stinkermurdock*

*stinkermurdock* Report 21 Feb 2009 17:24

Hi Teresa

Thank you for the advice. On the marrige cert it is saying full age. Is that the same as the Uk? 21?. By 1911 I know that she was in the Uk in Essex so I have a rough date of birth, and have found a christening inn South Dublin which is where she married, but 2 yrs out from what the uk 1911 census said. I have also found a death for an Edward Ringwood in Dublin south in 1902 he was 45, so this could be the right guy, he was the only match that came up at the moment. Think next step is to buy birth cert, just to rule it out. lol.

Thanks again
Tracie.

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 23 Feb 2009 11:29

Hi Tracie

Yes 'Full Age' on the Irish Marriage certificates means that they are aged 21 or over...just like the UK.

You can write a little note and attach it to the application form saying that she was full age when married and quote the date of her marriage.

You could also mention her recorded age on the 1911 UK census too as a guide.

Which ever approx birth year you choose to add on the application form..they will search back 2 years for you...but if you ask them to search back further it will cost a bit more.....not sure what the extra charge will be though.

Regards...Teresa

*stinkermurdock*

*stinkermurdock* Report 23 Feb 2009 13:13

Hi Teresa

Thank you for all the advice. I will download the application form today and send off.... Fingers crossed.

Best wishes
Tracie.

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 20 Apr 2009 23:05

A. BAMBRICK

B. CONNOLLY

Are they related to LAWLESS or POLLARD families?

They were witness at my gt grandparents marriage in Kingstown, Co. Dublin 1882. (Joseph Pollard & Margaret Lawless)

*stinkermurdock*

*stinkermurdock* Report 21 Apr 2009 13:32

Hi

I have purchased certs since I last posted, and now discovered that I also have O'NEILL ancestors from Dublin, along with RINGWOOD.

Hoping to hear from anyone.

Regards
Tracie.

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 11 May 2009 20:34

Nudge

Thistledown

Thistledown Report 11 May 2009 20:46

n

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 11 May 2009 22:06

John Farran born 1823/25, Thats all i know about him apart from he married a lady from England by 1841.

Thank you very much for putting this on.

Hazel

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 4 Aug 2009 11:46

Some more Irish names!

My Irish Gt Gt grandparents were THOMAS POLLARD and MARY QUIGLEY who were living in Dublin City from at least 1860 onwards.

From St Mary’s RC Parish records, Dublin the following children were found.

Do any of these names relate to anybody else’s family tree????

Joseph Patrick Pollard, born Mar 1860.
Baptism Sponsor: MARIA TERESA O'CONNOR.

William Pollard baptised 03 Jul 1863.
Baptism sponsor CATHERINE MEEHAN.

Mary Ann Pollard believed to have married a Mr. McKANE was born Nov 1864.
Baptism sponsor was TERESA KELLY.

Mary Bridget Pollard born Feb 1866.
Baptism sponsor: FRANCESCA WILLIS.

Thomas Pollard baptised on 22 Nov 1867.
Baptism sponsors: JOHN QUIGLEY & MARGARET McCABE.,

William Francis Pollard born Feb 1870. Birth Registered by KATE RYAN, present at the birth.
Baptism sponsor, MARY PERRY.

Michael Stephen Pollard born Dec 1871. ELLEN J MURRAY Present at the birth.
Baptism sponsor: JANE FULHAM.