Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

why ??//

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Melody

Melody Report 28 Jul 2009 23:27

I have found a message on GR from my birth father, that i didnt know until recently , even was out there. 3 months ago i found out im adopted, and my real name is Melody joy Smith at birth.I have tryed everything on this website, even found him on a family tree.His name is Dennis Smith born birmingham 1938. I wrote too GR too se if they would get intouch with him , too say he has found me. They told me they couldnt , due too privacy ..But if he is looking for me why is this the case . Time is running out as he is now 71 . They are stopping a father and daughter getting too know each other in his last years of his life.
Melody

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 28 Jul 2009 23:44

Melody,

I assume this is his message?

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=370417

Did you click on his name to send him a private message?

If you have and he hasn't replied then his email address has probably changed. Not much GR can do if that is the case.

Rose

Melody

Melody Report 28 Jul 2009 23:50

yes i have around 10 of them. He hasnt opened one of them . Im at a loss now , dont know what too do anymore

Melody

Melody Report 28 Jul 2009 23:52

But wouldnt they have any other contact details on him??

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 29 Jul 2009 00:11

I suppose they might have a credit card address if he used that. It could be another company deals with payment so GR might not even have it.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 29 Jul 2009 00:47

Hve you tried contacting the others that have a Dennis Smith in their tree?

Rose

Melody

Melody Report 29 Jul 2009 01:03

i got in touch with a member of the tree that we ..... me , my father and mt mothers name is on. She told me Dennis rang her a couple of years ago, about anoyher member on her tree. buy she didnt have any contact information on him. i have a name joan solomon 1934 who dated Dennis, who married a walter richmond. but cant get contact details . also i have a peter palfreyman 1952, who is also on the tree. no contact details for him either

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 29 Jul 2009 01:24

Melody

I would guess that he has changed his email address since posting that thread ........ and has neglected to inform GR. They will be sending the message that there are pms waiting for him to the address they do have

............................. I can't see that there is anything that you can do, EXCEPT for trying the trees as others have suggested.

You might also have to consider the fact that he might by now be dead.

sylvia

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 29 Jul 2009 01:33

Just done a quick search and there are 2 Dennises

Dennis D and Dennis T both born Birmingham 1938 just to confuse matters,

Maybe someone with subs to 192.com might help you ?

Golfman

Golfman Report 29 Jul 2009 01:37

Melody

I cant see GR wanting to get involved. They probably feel that any information they hold would contrave the UK's Data Protection Act should they supply that info.

One avenue you could consider is using the Salvation Armies Family Trace Unit. This is a dedicated unit based in London that covers the UK. It has a very high sucess rate, over 85%. In you case, with the information you have, it would probably be just a formality for them. There is a small charge for this service.
You will find them at www.salvationarmy.org.uk/familytracing

Melody

Melody Report 29 Jul 2009 01:37

yeh i know , i could track down batman easier than Dennis Smith lol

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 29 Jul 2009 01:39

A Dennis T Smith married a Joan P Richmond and they are on 192.com

Rose

Melody

Melody Report 29 Jul 2009 01:41

Thankyou for that. i will give that a go. I was thinking of the sally army, but didnt know where too go

Melody

Melody Report 29 Jul 2009 01:41

Thankyou for that. i will give that a go. I was thinking of the sally army, but didnt know where too go

Melody

Melody Report 29 Jul 2009 01:43

Thats him , because her middle name is percilla. Thanks for that . What is the websight for? Does that mean they are still together ?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 29 Jul 2009 02:31

It's an electoral roll site.

Despite, having the surname Smith, there really aren't that mant Dennis T or Dennis D Smiths.

Rose

Melody

Melody Report 29 Jul 2009 02:38

so what do you suggest ?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 29 Jul 2009 02:46

Try contacting the Dennis Smiths on there.

Joan Solomon had 3 children with Walter.

Will PM their details. Looks like Dennis has added their names to this site so we're on the right track.

Rose

Melody

Melody Report 29 Jul 2009 02:48

Yes i know. Im certainly getting closer too finding him.

Jean

Jean Report 29 Jul 2009 11:44

Hi Melody, I have sent you some addresses. good luck.