Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GR member research

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 30 May 2014 23:46

Did anybody else get the request from GR to take part in a survey "that will be used to build a better experience for all GR customers on our website"?

I decided to help them out by taking part in the survey. However I can't get past question number 3. It tells me that I haven't answered the question even though I did. I've tried it twice with the same result. Is it just me or is it another GR cock-up?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 31 May 2014 00:06

I haven't had the request :-(

sounds like another cock-up :-)

jax

jax Report 31 May 2014 00:33

I got one :-D

Genes Reunited member research

Hi jax

We are conducting a short survey to find out a little more about our customers. Your input will be used to build a better experience for all Genes Reunited customers on our website.

We value your feedback, and would like to assure you that all your answers will be anonymised.

This survey should only take 10 minutes of your time, and will be open until midnight on Sunday, 8 June. All respondents will be entered into a prize draw to win a £50 Amazon voucher. The winner will be notified on Monday, 9 June.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 31 May 2014 00:40

I got the email too but haven't looked at the survey yet. I will probably have a look tomorrow.

Kath. x

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 31 May 2014 00:49

now I'm feeling disgruntled

and ignored

:-D :-D :-D :-D

jax

jax Report 31 May 2014 00:55

:-D :-D

LadyKira

LadyKira Report 31 May 2014 01:10

Margee did you miss line off the options.
You need a dot in each row.

Gai

Gai Report 31 May 2014 01:56

Hi there,

Yes I've completed the survey, though don't think they will like my answers. But they were honest.

The annoying part of the survey there was nowhere to indicate whether you had a yearly sub to a site. The questions asked about a monthly sub only.

Don't feel ignored Sylvia by GR. The ones who matter are us on the boards and we still love you. <3

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 31 May 2014 04:02

Thanks Gai xxx

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 31 May 2014 06:27

Mine came yesterday. Will probably have a look at completing it over the weekend.

wisechild

wisechild Report 31 May 2014 06:59

Completed mine yesterday.
Don´t think they wil be too happy with my answers either.
Bit difficult because as has been preiously said, no mention of annual subs & kept getting told I had missed a bit.
We´ll see what happens, but I seem to remember that the request for ideas about re naming the packages died the death, never to be heard of again, so I´m not holding my breath.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 31 May 2014 08:39

Also got that request to take part in a survey

What a waste of time.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 May 2014 09:24

Haven't had the latest one, but experience tells me that they will ignore the results, as they have always done in the past.

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 31 May 2014 10:47

Got mine but hav'nt tried to fill it in yet.

Mel

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 31 May 2014 10:56

Well I guess it was just me doing something wrong but I can't for the life of me understand what. Yes, I put a dot in every row and also put an answer in the box.

Oh dear, did I wrongly accuse GR of a cock-up? Do I feel bad?

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 31 May 2014 11:44

Yep I did yesterday (Friday)

Filled it out, but many of the questions were really irrelevant but had to put an answer in.

Completely useless. Seemed to be aimed at those who take out short subs or use credits.

:-S

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 31 May 2014 11:59

Just completed mine. I don't think they will be too happy with some of my answers either.

Told them that I would have been more likely to have recommended them 10 years ago. Also mentioned in the box for extra comments on the page about subscriptions that I had an annual subscription even though I clicked on monthly as there was no other alternative.

I think they could have got more out of the survey if they had asked just 2 questions.

1. What is good about the site?

2. What is wrong with the site?

But I don't suppose they really want those questions answered!!!

Kath. x

Persephone

Persephone Report 31 May 2014 12:08

I also got directed back, that I hadn't completed one of the questions.. I had left out ticking the one relating to other.. was not sure what to do with other..

Free BMD is free so why did it have all the other options to tick including monthly subscription.

And like you Gai, I too wanted a yearly sub in there.. I thought my page wasn't wide enough at first and was trying to arrow across for yearly sub.

Not sure how GR could possibly ignore Sylvia, Sylvia is everywhere. :-S

Persie

jax

jax Report 31 May 2014 12:18

I have not done it yet....I am also a yearly subscriber but that has only been for the last year to stop them trying to rip me off by charging me £15 for 6 months (less discount) I would have preferred to stay as I was, but not paying more than a new member

jax

jax Report 31 May 2014 12:35

Is this new?

I knew there was a monthly platinum sub of £19.95 now looks like a monthly standard sub

1 month plan £4.95 per month*

cannot really see the point of that apart from not buying £5 worth of credits to send messages to people