Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Frederick richardson

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 3 Dec 2014 21:39

Hi everyone
I have just started my family tree and I'm stuck already I've been trying to find my granddads parents who I think are Elizabeth Cook and Frederick richardson Elizabeth Cook later went on to marry a Walter hummerston and had more children but I can't seem to find anything on Frederick richardson can anyone help
I did see an message on here from a Jennifer searching for Frederick on behalf her friend I think we are tracing the same family but her message was put on in 2009 I have messaged her but not heard back from her I'm hoping tht she had got further than me can anyone help
Many thanks for reading this

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 3 Dec 2014 22:24

Hi there.
First thing you need to do is establish for sure the names of your grandfather's parents. Why do you think his mother was called Elizabeth Cook?
Do you know when and where he was born?
Jan

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Dec 2014 22:26

Just for some idea of date

Marriages Sep 1914 (>99%)
Cook Elizabeth Hummerston Camberwell 1d 1925
Hummerston Walter A Cook Camberwell 1d 1925

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 3 Dec 2014 22:27

Is this the marriage you believe is between Elizabeth and William Hammerson? If Elizabeth re-married she should have used her married name of Richardson.

Marriages Sep 1914 (>99%)
Cook Elizabeth Hummerston Camberwell 1d 1925
Hummerston Walter A Cook Camberwell 1d 1925

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Dec 2014 22:34

Do you have that marriage cert ? to confirm that it is actually the same Elizabeth?

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Dec 2014 22:41

The above couple had a son named after his father

Births Dec 1914 (>99%)
HUMMERSTON Walter A Cook Camberwell 1d 1610

which is different to what you have on your tree Richardson, so could you please give us your grandfather's name so we can take a look at his birth reg etc to make sure you are looking at the right people :-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Dec 2014 22:46

From Walter A Hummerston's military records

Name: Walter Alfred Hummerston
Birth Date: 27 Sep 1914
Birth Place: Camberwell
Relationship to Soldier: Child
Form Title: Descriptive Report Enlistment
Other Records:
Family Members:
Name Relation to Soldier
Walter Alfred Hummerston Self (Head)
Elizabeth Cook Spouse
Elizabeth CookChild ( adopted
Jack Richardson Child b 1904
Frank Richardson Child b 1910
James Richardson Child b1911
Mabel Hummerston Child
Walter Alfred Hummerston Child
May Hummerston

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Dec 2014 23:02

On the military records it records Elizabeth as a Spinster at her marriage, the Richardson children as illegitimate, so it looks like she was not married to Mr Richardson. Witnesses at marriage to Walter were F ( could be J?)W Cook and S A Cook.

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Dec 2014 23:14

Be careful if you have taken info from an Ancestry tree, there are several on there and most appear to very inaccurate

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Dec 2014 23:18

Going back to your OP.... “I did see an message on here from a Jennifer….. I have messaged her…”

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1131800

Have you sent her a message by clicking on her name, or just by leaving a post on her thread?

If the former, then you can look in your sent message box to see if there is an envelope icon next to the message. That would indicate that she hasn’t read the message as it will disappear when/if she does.

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Dec 2014 23:19

This is the birth for Jack, Elizabeth's son

Births Dec 1904 (>99%)

COOK Jack Richardson Wandsworth 1d 700

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Dec 2014 23:26

I think this might be her, but not with a Fredrick Richardson.... three of the children are correct

1911 England Census about Jack Richardson
Name: Jack Richardson
Age in 1911: 6
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1905
Relation to Head: Son
Birth Place: Clapham, London, England
Civil Parish: Mitcham
County/Island: Surrey
Street address: 97 Fortescue Rd, Mitcham, Merton
Registration district: Croydon
Registration District Number: 39
Sub-registration district: Mitcham
ED, institution, or vessel: 26
Household schedule number: 367
Piece: 3446
Household Members:
Name Age
Charles Richardson 26
Elizabeth Richardson 27
Elizabeth Richardson 10
Jack Richardson 6
Mary Richardson 4
Charlie Richardson 2
Frank Richardson 10 months

Michelle

Michelle Report 4 Dec 2014 13:41

Hi your answers have been very helpful will get back once I have spoken to my elderly living relatives thank you again for your time and expertise

Michelle

Michelle Report 4 Dec 2014 13:52

I have just sent a message to her so hopefully she may answer thanks for your advice

Michelle

Michelle Report 4 Dec 2014 15:08

My grandfather was Charles fredrick richardson who died in Bermondsey in 1988 he was in 1909 in Mitcham he was married to Eileen Elizabeth Mary Allen in 1933 in Camberwell they lived in wren road also lived in Cameron house comber grove Camberwell se5
I have just spoken to a friend of the family And she said that my great granddad was Charles William and hes father was fredrick so my great grandad Charles William richardson And Elizabeth Cook who had I think 7 children who were james(Jimmy) Mary Annie, Charles fredrick and Mabel and Lucy I know that only 5 I will find out their names who later went on to marry Walter Alfred hummerston and had another 6 children
Apparently my great great grandad Frederick moved to Norwich and Mary went with them where she met Lesley ( I'll find out he's name later) and married in Norwich they owned a pub in old catton I can remember going there as a child with my father also fredrick richardson had a few paper mills and was quite well off
Also Elizabeth had a daughter called Elizabeth before she got with my great grandad apparently she was crippled after falling down the stairs
Hope this is useful and makes sense
Thank you for help
My great grandad Charles died when he was in his late 30s or early 40s and that was when she met hummerston

jansmith

jansmith Report 5 Dec 2014 07:34

Death index gives birth as 21st Feb 1909
I think you need to buy the marriage cert for him to confirm his father's name

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 5 Dec 2014 12:42

Births Sep 1914 (>99%)
ALLEN Eileen E M Mackie Camberwell 1d 1639

First name(s) EILEEN ELIZABETH M
Last name RICHARDSON
Gender Female
Birth day 29
Birth month 5
Birth year 1914
Age -
Death quarter 1
Death year 2002
District BROMLEY
District number 2221A
Register number A39
Entry number 071
Date of registration mm/yy 0302
County Kent

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 5 Dec 2014 12:43

If you are trying to find who Mary married, look for the spouse as LESLIE, which is the male version of the name

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 5 Dec 2014 12:45

'Charlie' in 1911 is the right chap, clearly

'Frederick' was a red herring

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 5 Dec 2014 12:51

As the mother married Hummerston as Cook, you can't possibly identify the father of the Richardson child(ren) without buying a copy of the birth cert(s)