Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How can someone see my tree?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

paphosdave

paphosdave Report 25 Jan 2018 21:23

My friend has just signed up so she can view my tree. How does she do this please?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 25 Jan 2018 22:17

First she will have to start a tree of her own - just putting her own name on it will be enough.

Once she has started her tree, you can find it by searching for her in "Search All Member Trees" (under "Search" at the top of the page.)
Click on "find out more" .
In the message box which appears, tick the small box where it says "Allow this member to view my family tree", and then "Send message".

Then she can follow the instructions here:
https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/help/faqs?key=362

mgnv

mgnv Report 26 Jan 2018 00:55

If she clicks on your name "paphosdave" in your post above, i.e.,
https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1370247
and sends you a message, she will appear in your "my contacts" list - accessible thru the "Messages" link in the banner bar above this board. You can then just check the "allow" box for her under the tree heading.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 26 Jan 2018 11:28

Hadn't thought of that, mgnv! Much easier!

paphosdave

paphosdave Report 26 Jan 2018 14:23

Cheers ArgyllGran, you always come up trumps for me. I will pass your info along. God Bless. D.

paphosdave

paphosdave Report 26 Jan 2018 14:28

Many thanks mgnv, passed your info along too. God Bless. D.

paphosdave

paphosdave Report 26 Jan 2018 14:30

closing thread now. Many thanks. God Bless. D.