Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Burial place

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 16 Sep 2023 02:12

Hi Could one of you lovely people please tell me how to find a burial place for a relative thank you

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 16 Sep 2023 04:22

Is this in UK?

Roughly when did the person die?

If in recent times, they may have been cremated.
Some crematoriums have online records of people,who had a service there, but unlikely they would have details there of what happened to the cremated remains.
These details might be available if you contacted the staff at the crematoium direct once you know your relative had a service there.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 16 Sep 2023 08:59

Or the councils cemeteries officer.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 Sep 2023 10:14

Where and when?

Have you googled?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 16 Sep 2023 12:44

If it was a cremation the ashes could have been scattered anywhere - with no record of where.

Is there another family member you could ask?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 Sep 2023 12:58

This may not be of any use..............BUT

https://www.deceasedonline.com/servlet/GSDOSearch

As you have given no clues, we're not able to give much in the way of help

Local newspapers may have info...............

Linda

Linda Report 16 Sep 2023 14:04

Thank you all, I don't know when she died unfortunately she was my great aunt and I know she was alive in the late 1930s and her name was Elizabeth Thompson at that time

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 16 Sep 2023 14:05

Have you looked at freebmd.org.uk to find a death for her. There is no way anyone can find her burial without information. and it is a common name.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 Sep 2023 14:11

WHEN was she born?

WHERE was she in the 'late' 1930's?

Was she married?

EVERY snippet is useful.................................

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 16 Sep 2023 14:17

When you say was alive in the late 1930’s do you mean you have found her on the 1939 register?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 Sep 2023 18:13

Going by the poster’s other threads, this relates to Nottinghamshire, but we need some answers

Linda

Linda Report 16 Sep 2023 22:32

Hi this is the details I know she was born in Naottingham in 1900, she married a man named William Thompson in 1926 and he passed away in the late 1930s and he is buried at Bulwell cemetery, he was buried with my grandfather and my great grandparents and that is all I know but I am sure she is not buried with him but she may have married again after his death thank you

greyghost

greyghost Report 16 Sep 2023 23:40

There is no marriage for a William Thompson to an Elizabeth in Nottingham 1925-1927 nor in the Basford RD which covers anything outside the City Centre.

Q1 1926 Nottingham has a Gladys E Andrews to a William Thompson. Could she have been known by her second name?

Bulwell Cemetery shows 6 burials of a William Thompson between 1935 and 1940.

5 of those are aged 64 and above, the 6th was 39. What age was William?

Deceased online have made a mess of the records and recorded each person twice. So William Thompson aged 39 was buried with 3 others with the surname Timson -
Wm Hy 52, William 70 and Sarah 70, all 3 of the same address in Newcastle Street.

Are these your relatives?.

Do you have her birth certificate - what was her full date of birth and what was her birth surname

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 17 Sep 2023 09:06

If we are going with Gladys E Thompson then there is a possible marriage on freebmd in 1945 to Cleaver a nd a death of Gladys Elizabeth Cleaver in 1979 born 1903.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Sep 2023 09:12

Born1903

Deaths Mar 1979
CLEAVER GLADYS ELIZABETH 28JA1903 NOTTINGHAM 8 1111

So possible birth

ANDREWS, GLADYS ELIZABETH WILLIAMS
GRO Reference: 1903 M Quarter in ECCLESALL BIERLOW Volume 09C Page 498

Doesn’t tie with an elzabeth born c1901

We need more info on Elizabeth to try and follow up on

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Sep 2023 09:19

Marriages Sep 1892 (>99%)
Andrews Wilfred Sheffield 9c 821
WILLIAMS Annie Eliza Sheffield 9c 821

1911 census

1911 Census For England & Wales
19 Harwell Road Sheffield, Ecclesall, Yorkshire & Yorkshire (West Riding), England
View original record
Add to tree
Print
More actions
Household members (5 people)
Copy to clipboard
First name(s) Last name Relationship to head Marital status Sex Age Birth year Occupation Birth place
Wilfred Andrews Head Married Male 41 1870 Sign and glass writer Yorks Sheffield
Annie Eliza Andrews Wife Married Female 42 1869 - Yorks Sheffield
Winifred May Andrews Daughter Single Female 17 1894 Cutlery warehouse clerk Yorks Sheffield
Vincent Andrews Son Single Male 13 1898 Sign writer errand boy Yorks Sheffield
Gladys Elizabeth Andrews Daughter Single Female 8 1903 School Yorks Sheffield

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Sep 2023 09:20

Is still at home in 1921

1921 Census Of England & Wales
19, Harwell Road, Sheffield, Ecclesall, Yorkshire (West Riding), England
1921 census badge
View original record
Add to tree
Print
More actions
Household members (3 people)
Copy to clipboard
First name(s) Last name Relationship to head Sex Birth year Age in years Birth place Occupation Employer
Wilfred Andrews Head Male 1871 50 Sheffield, Yorkshire, England Sign & Glass Writre Jopson & Co Ltd Sign & Glass Writers
Eleanor Andrews Wife Female 1880 40 Sheffield, Yorkshire, England Teacher (School) Sheffield Education Committee
Gladys Elizabeth Andrews Daughter Female 1903 18 Sheffield, Yorkshire, England Home Duties Private

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Sep 2023 09:25

1938 Reg

1939 Register
34 Park Lane, Nottingham, Nottingham C.B., Nottinghamshire, England
Household members (3 people)
Copy to clipboard
First name(s) Last name(s) Birth date Sex Occupation Marital status Schedule Schedule sub number
Gladys E Cleaver (Thompson) 28 Jan 1903 Female Textile Finisher Widowed 246 1
The record for this person is officially closed.
The record for this person is officially closed.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 17 Sep 2023 09:35

If she was your great aunt, she was the sibling of one of you grandparents….so what was her BIRTH name?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 17 Sep 2023 10:44

Ancestry have a link to Deceased on Line for Gladys Elizabeth Cleaver, indicates she was cremated.

Gladys Elizabeth Andrews is on 4 trees on Ancestry, one is a private Thompson tree.