Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trip to Kew Saturday 3 June -full details on Page

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 21 May 2006 19:04

Would those who'd like to come, please add to the thread to confirm they are coming and that they've read the basic comments. (And if I've omitted any vital details, please let me know!)

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 21 May 2006 19:38

Hi Brenda, Please put my name down. I only live up the road in Hammersmith and yet I have never been! I want to look up some army war records and would feel more comfortable with peple who know the score. Many thanks Sylvia.

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 21 May 2006 21:03

Hi Sylvia Look forwards to seeing you on the 3rd.

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 22 May 2006 09:35

Quick nudge for morning readers.

Sharon

Sharon Report 22 May 2006 13:51

Hello Put me down! ( not literally... ) I've got part of a document that I ordered online and I've been meaning for a while to go down and have a look at the rest of it. Sharon

Kimberley

Kimberley Report 22 May 2006 13:57

Hi I'd like to come along too... also my first time so would find it useful. Sylvia - I'm also interested in looking at Army records maybe we can keep each other company? Kimberley

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 22 May 2006 14:33

Kimberly, a good idea as I dont know what I`m doing on here most of the time!! a helping hand would be welcome. Sylvia.

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 22 May 2006 18:20

Sharon and Kimberley, you are both very welcome!

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 22 May 2006 19:31

Hello Brenda, I too would like to put my name down, having never been before! :)) I would need help with directions from Kings Cross though, hopefully there might be some other members coming from this Station, (says me hoping!) :-)) Was good to meet you on Sat. at the Meet, and the Skillings name on Thriplow War Memorial was Allan. Chris :)

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 22 May 2006 19:39

That'll be great, Chris. I'll check out directions for the quickest route with least changes. Thank you for the Skillings details! I have a photo of Allan somewhere. He's a distant cousin, but it's nice to link all the family together. I was going to ask if 9.30 was too early for you, but I seem to remember that when you were running the breakfast threads I staggered in just as the cafe was shutting! Look forwards to seeing you again.

Chris Ho :) Report 22 May 2006 20:00

Oh Brenda I am sorry we missed you in our G.R. Breakfast Cafe! :)) I will buy you a real coffee to make up for it! :)) Am an early riser, so it will be ok!, shall watch this space... Chris :)

Chris Ho :) Report 23 May 2006 07:15

Hello Brenda, just to let you know Sharon has very kindly offered to meet me at the Station, and whisk me off on a Tube, I'm getting excited! :)) See you all soon, Chris :)

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 23 May 2006 08:53

See what I mean? I'm just downstairs now! For reference: This is the Transport for London link Http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/ and it shows a sensible route Kings Cross: catch Victoria Line tube to Highbury & Islington Highbury & Islington: catch Silverlink train to Kew Gardens If you get to Kings Cross before 8.28, then the journey takes 48 minutes, getting to Kew at 9.16. It's only a ten minute walk from there to the National Archives

Joy

Joy Report 23 May 2006 10:00

I am tempted …. But just looking at train / coach times, I wouldn't be able to get to Kew until about 11.30am.

Kimberley

Kimberley Report 23 May 2006 10:51

Excited... although I'm not sure how much help I will be to you Sylvia! It will more likely be you helping me!!

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 23 May 2006 13:33

Joy You'd be very welcome to come, even if you arrived a little later than the others. I don't think I can squeeze into my GR tee shirt any longer, but I will print off some labels, so we should be visible. Most people need a first visit, just to get a feel for the place and the sort of records it holds, so it shouldn't be a wasted trip, even if you couldn't spend as long there as the rest.

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 23 May 2006 18:37

Hi Brenda, Can I come again please. Fi x

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 23 May 2006 18:54

Hello Fi Yes of course you can come. It'll be great to see you again.

Jean Durant

Jean Durant Report 23 May 2006 19:08

Oh drat and blast.... I would love to join you but have promised to look after my grandson that Saturday. Jean x.

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 23 May 2006 20:34

Thanks Brenda. Now I have to look at my stuff and see what else I can find. I can always help others too. Fi