Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone need South Australian or Victoria,Aust. Bir

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kerri

Kerri Report 6 May 2006 07:13

I have South Australia- Births 1842-1928,Deaths 1842-1915 and Marriages 1842-1937. Victoria,Australia -Births 1836-1920,Marriages 1842-1920 and Deaths 1842-1985.Plus immigration to Victoria 1852-1879. Anyone need a lookup? Kerri

Victoria

Victoria Report 6 May 2006 10:35

Kerry, Once people notice your offer I think you will be given lots of look ups to do....good on you! Can you please look for a Charles James BARRY born about 1861 London . He is not on the census after 1871 and is married in Sth Aust 1888. I want to know if he is on your passenger list to Victoria. Also could you look for him to see if he may have married in Victoria? Thankyou Victoria

John

John Report 6 May 2006 12:23

Hi Kerri I hit this South Australian brick wall some time back but your offer got me thinking maybe it is worth another look if you would be so kind. The person in question is my grandfather, Charles Frederick Engle who states on his sons birth certificate that he was born in Kadina in South Australia about 1880, although his marriage certificate indicates his birth was about 1882. I have previously cheched SAGS online records and couldn't find him and even the local S A history group couldn't offer any further information. He also states that his father Charles Henry Engle was a cattle salesman but I have not been able to track down any info on him or his wife in South Australia or any where else for that matter. If you could have a look for them for B D & M would be greatly appreciated Cheers John of Balmain Sydney

Loopy

Loopy Report 6 May 2006 12:47

Hi Kerri, You seem to be my knight in shining armour, my husbands family originated from the UK but I can't get back that far because no-one can really remember a great detail of the SA bits. My in-laws went back to SA recently for a holiday and I sent them on a quest and they came back with names they got from grave sites and said yeah put them in they could be right, mmm. I believe that a Mr Bains married a McLaren and so whatever children they had where named ????? McLaren Bain, they found a few that had the name and they said they must be related !!!!!! If possibe could I take you up on the offer as I would love some confirmation, as I am not sure of Norman's parents names Name - Norman McLaren Bain Born - 1910 - 1954 I think his parents names were James McLaren Bain and Sarah ?? Please do not worry, I will not bombared you with all of them as I do not want to abuse your generosity Thank you so much for your time and generosity Melisa

Kerri

Kerri Report 6 May 2006 14:53

Hi Victoria Thankyou for your kind message. Its fun finding people,isnt it. There are lots of James BARRY's who came into Victoria but no Charles.There is a Chas BARRY who married Emma BANKS in 1884. Charles James BARRY ,single,28,father-Charles Hansford BARRY married Alice HALL,single,21,father-William HALL on 16 Feb 1888 at Presbyterian Manse, Port Adelaide,Book154,page 491. Kerri

Kerri

Kerri Report 6 May 2006 15:11

Hi Melisa Norman McLaren BAIN born 18 Feb 1906,parents James BAIN & Sarah Jane CHELLEW at Williamstown ,book 761,p286 (also has symbol S,which means there is additional information) Children of James BAIN & Sarah Jane CHELLEW Arnold Amos BAIN b 21 Nov 1897 at Williamstown,as are all Collan Robert BAIN b 28 Oct 1901(symbol S) David James BAIN b 19 Nov 1894 Eva May BAIN b 27 Dec 1895 Horace Donald BAIN b 10 Feb 1904 (symbol S) Martha Webster BAIN b 3 Jan 1893 Olive Sarah BAIN b 8 Feb 1899 James BAIN ,single,19,father-James BAIN married Sarah Jane CHELLEW,single,17,father-Richard CHELLEW on 20 Sept 1892 at Weslayan Parsonage,Gawler Book 172,p 897 James BAIN born 30 May 1874,parents James BAIN & Martha WILKINSON at South Para Book 136,p 407 Birth of Rachael Eleanor BAIN on 8 Feb 1906,parents John James McLaren BAIN & Laura Magdalene PAPPIN at Gawler Birth of Ernest George McLaren BAIN on 12 Feb 1876,parents John BAIN & Louisa SNELLGROVE Birth of George McLaren BAIN on 14 Apr 1900,parents Ernest George BAIN & Amanda Louise GEUE at Williamstown + more kids Birth of John James McLaren BAIN on 22 May 1882,parents John BAIN & Louisa SNELLGROVE at W Birth of Margaret MacLaren BAIN on 19 Mar 1866,parents Archibald BAIN & Mary Ann WARNER Then Margaret's birth again with different date (26 Apr 1878 ,mother as Margaret WARNER,father same) +more kids Robert McLaren BAIN on 7 Jul 1888,parents William BAIN & Jane PASCOE at W + more kids Kerri

Loopy

Loopy Report 6 May 2006 23:55

Hi Kerri, OOhhh thank you so much, I wish there was a bigger word than thank-you as I would use that. You have saved me so much time and given me a fresh sense of enthusiasm to get started again!! Thanks again Kerri for you generosity Regards Melisa from Sydney

Loopy

Loopy Report 7 May 2006 01:07

Hi Kerri, Could I trouble you again please for the parents and any info on a Iris Ada Bowden born approx 1918 in Parratoo, I think she had a brother Rupert Thank you again Melisa

Kerri

Kerri Report 7 May 2006 01:35

Hi Melisa Iris Ada BOWDEN b 21 Jan 1918 at Paratoo,parents Herbert James BOWDEN & Vera Marie McCREDIE,Book 13A ,p 515 Other children of Herbert James BOWDEN & Vera Marie McCREDIE Verline May BOWDEN b 17 Feb 1908 at P Morna Gertrude BOWDEN b 30 Mar 1910 at P Rupert Denyer Fawcett BOWDEN b 5 Jan 1912 at Adelaide Herbert James BOWDEN ,single,30,father- John BOWDEN married Vera Marie McCREDIE ,single,21,father-David John McCREDIE on 3 Sep 1907 at Res of Mrs Hickey,Adelaide If you need more information,dont hesitate to ask. I enjoy this. Kerri

Loopy

Loopy Report 7 May 2006 01:59

Hi Kerri, Thank you so much I am also loving this, I have renewed enthusiasim and have not moved of the computer all morning LOL. Thanks again Melisa Bain

Kerri

Kerri Report 7 May 2006 02:09

Hi John Sorry, I cant find his birth.There was only 1 birth for ENGLE -a girl. Searching the births I found Charles Frederick George HELSON ,father Charles Henry 1883 at Carrieton Frederick Charles ANNELLS ,father Charles Henry in 1884 at Gawler Also found marriage of Henry Charles Ernest NAGEL in 1867 I tried to look for something similar in surname,but this was as close as I could find.Tell me if you would like all details of above. Kerri

Loopy

Loopy Report 7 May 2006 02:15

Hi Kerri, Are you sure you don't mind ? If so just let me know ! Did my Herbert James Bowden or Vera McCredie have any siblings or is that back to far ? Thanks again and regards Melisa Bain

Kerri

Kerri Report 7 May 2006 03:08

Hi Melisa James Herbert BOWDEN b 19 May 1877 at Jamestown,parents John BOWDEN & Emma FRAPE Children of John BOWDEN & Emma FRAPE Ada Jane BOWDEN b 21 Nov 1878 at Pinda Alice Ethel May BOWDEN b 1 Mar 1888 at Kooringa Emma BOWDEN b 26 Feb 1882 at Wilmington Fredy Alfred BOWDEN b 22 Jun 1883 at Gawler Sth (parents as John BOWDEN & Emma TREAP) George William BOWDEN b 15 May 1880 at Pinda John Henry BOWDEN b 3 Feb 1876 at Booborowie Mary Ann BOWDEN b 26 Mar 1874 at Mannanarie (parents as John BOWDEN & Emma FRAP) Rose May BOWDEN b 12 Feb 1889 at Kent Town (parents as John BOWDEN & Emma FREAP) Stephen Bertie BOWDEN b 2 Jun 1885 at Korringa (parents as John BOWDEN & Emma FREAP) Thomas George BOWDEN b 31 Jan 1887 at K John BOWDEN ,single,26, father-Abraham BOWDEN married Emma FREAP, single,20,father-James FREAP on 4 Dec 1873 in Res of Mr Pope,in the district of Burra,Book 97,page 620 Nothing more found on Vera McCREDIE Kerri

Victoria

Victoria Report 7 May 2006 04:33

Kerrie, Thankyou kindly for your look up for Charles Barry- he has hidden himself very well Victoria

Loopy

Loopy Report 7 May 2006 04:42

Hi Kerri, Thanks you so much,I have just phoned my Father- In Law and he is estatic with info you have provided us and from him I would also like to say thank-you. Just another one if you don't mind going back to the Norman McLaren and you mentioned that he had an S next to his name which meant more info, where can i get this info from and do you know what it could be. Also on Norman again his parents you said where Martha and James Bain, do you have info on his Mother (James Bain Father) and any other sibling James may have had. Thanks Again from the Bain Family Melisa

Kerri

Kerri Report 7 May 2006 07:00

Hi Melisa Children of James BAIN & Martha WILKINSON Catherine BAIN b 15 Oct 1870 at Springfield Janet BAIN b 11 Jan 1877 at Williamstown (parents as James BAIN & Martha Ashton WILKINSON) Margaret MacLaren BAIN b 19 Mar 1866 at Victoria Creek Mary Webster BAIN b 5 Mar 1868 at S Robert BAIN b 3 Oct 1878 at W + James b 1874 Martha Ashton BAIN died aged 77,12 Nov 1913,relative-James BAIN (H) at Williamstown ,symbol S, Book 379,page 210 No more info on Martha. Symbol S - means supplementary information-Additional ,unusual information included on registration. You would need to get the certificate to discover this information. The only one of mine which had symbol S ,was one of a triplet. Kerri

Jane

Jane Report 7 May 2006 08:33

Hi Kerry I would be ever so grateful if you could find any birth records for the children of William Marsh and his wife Elizabeth (probable maiden name Taylor) in Harrow, Victoria, probably between 1860 and 1885.

John

John Report 7 May 2006 09:38

Hi Kerri Thanks for your diligent research on Charles Frederick Engle and his father Charles Henry Engle. I have come accross a female by the name of Louisa Wilhelmina Engle who was the daughter of Johann Engle but the name reverts back to Engel for the rest of the children and it doesn't seem to fit. As for the others that you found, they are interesting connections but they don't seem to fit if Charles Frederick was telling the truth on his sons birth certificate about his birthplace and his fathers name. If not I think I am up the proverbial creek. One theory that a genes person came up with was that Charles Henrys fathers family came to England, stayed briefly than went to Australia using German names such as Claus Heinrich Engel and Claus Frederik Engel or something similar. But I just can't seem to get a handle on them which is a bit like a low level persistent toothache which I cant seem to get rid of, you know the story. I appreciate your efforts Regards John Engle from Balmain Sydney

Kerri

Kerri Report 7 May 2006 12:18

Hi Jenny Only PENNIALL entry William born 1861,parents William PENNIALL & Mary RAY in Melbourne,VIC Kerri

Kerri

Kerri Report 8 May 2006 00:50

Hi Gerald Children of William MARSH & Elizabeth TAYLOR Ssmuel George b 1861 at Harrow Mary Ann Carolin b 1863 at Cole Elizabeth Hannah b 1864 at C Joseph Robert b 1867 at H William Joseph b 1869 at H (parents as William MARSH & Elizabeth Hannah TAYLOR) Rachel Emily b 1870 at H Reuben b 1874 (parents as William MARSH & Elizabeth Hannah TAYLOR) Rachel Emily b 1876 at H Henry Jacob b 1878 at H Herbert Oliver b 1880 at H Edith Amy b 1883 at H Henry Jacob b 1885 at H Deaths Rachel Emily MARSH died 1874 ,aged 3,parents William MARSH & Elizabeth Hannah TAYLOR Henry Jacob MARSH died 1884,aged 6,parents William MARSH & Elizabeth TAYLOR Henry Jacob MARSH died 1885,aged 1 month,parents William MARSH & Elizabeth TAYLOR Marriage William MARSH married Elizabeth TAYLOR in 1860 reg no 1362 Kerri