Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Basford (Notts) Cementary do you want a look up???

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 5 May 2006 20:49

Hi I have a Cd which lists all the graves with pictures of the headstones on in Basford Cementary. If you would like me to look up someone for you just post there name with approx death date and I'll take a look. Regards Cheryl

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 5 May 2006 21:27

Hi Cheryl I am interested in anyone who has the surname Bettridge / Betteridge. In particular, I am looking for a Thomas, born 1833 who died after the 1901 census.

Claire

Claire Report 5 May 2006 22:02

hi cheryl could you please look to see if there is a WILLIAM RANCE died 1917. thankyou claire

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 5 May 2006 22:48

Hi Peter There is a Willie Jones Berridge also a George William Berridge. Any good? if so PM your Email and I will forward the pictures of the Grave Cheryl

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 5 May 2006 22:48

Hi Clare No Rance sorry Cheryl

Right said Fred

Right said Fred Report 5 May 2006 22:50

Hi Cheryl, thanks for the very kind offer. I am interested in the name Davenport, most of them in that area can be claimed as mine so anything you have would be great. Thanks

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 5 May 2006 22:55

Hi Tom No Davenports . The ones I have listed on the CD are only the Graves with Headstones. Mine are all buried in Basford but none with Stones doh!!! Sorry I couldn't help Cheryl

Right said Fred

Right said Fred Report 5 May 2006 23:04

Thanks for looking, never mind - maybe they're in another cemetery or couldn;t afford the stones.

Karen

Karen Report 5 May 2006 23:36

Hi Cheryl, I'm interested in the name PARR.....are there any on your CD?? Many thanks, Karen

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 6 May 2006 00:32

Hi Karen PARR this is the only one but its a whole family. Here is what it says on the Stone Bertha dearly loved daughter of Samuel and Hannah Parr who died June 22nd 1898 aged 20 years also Hannah Matilda the above named who died March 4th 1916 aged 60 years Also the above named Samuel Parr who died August 23rd 1919 aged 66 years If it is yours I'll try and e mail you the photo of the Grave Cheryl

Narelle

Narelle Report 6 May 2006 04:40

Hi there, could i get you to have a look for any Elliott's. My 6th great grandfather was born there but was so naughty that they sent him to tasmania and i know nothing of his parents. So i am just trying to get as much info on Elliotts from that area. thank you heaps in advance. Taswegian

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 6 May 2006 10:12

Please cany you see if there are any stones for the surname Hague. I know this family came from Worksop in Notts, so there is a possibility there are some in Basford. Thanks Fi

Lindsey

Lindsey Report 6 May 2006 10:18

Hi Clare, Are there any Calladine's listed? Many Thanks Lindsey

Gaynor

Gaynor Report 6 May 2006 10:30

Hi, Cheryl. Thanks for your kind offer! Could you please have a look for the surname Lineker. My Gt Gt Grandfather died in Basford. Francis/Frank Lineker b c1851 d c1885. Lets hope they could afford the headstone. Many thanks, Gaynor x

Claire

Claire Report 6 May 2006 10:40

thanks cheryl at least i can rule that out now( unless he did't have a head stone) claire

Deborah

Deborah Report 6 May 2006 10:51

Hi Cheryl, Yes please! Any for NOON or DAFT?? Thank you so much. Debbie

Dave & Sally

Dave & Sally Report 6 May 2006 13:19

Hi Thanks for your offer. Are there any Powells on your discs Thanks Sally

Karen

Karen Report 6 May 2006 23:35

Hi Cheryl, Thanks very much for the information - I'm very grateful. I can't connect it to my lot yet but have kept it for future reference. Best wishes, Karen

Posterpaint

Posterpaint Report 7 May 2006 09:33

Hi Cheryl, Thanks for the offer, could you look uo WHELBAND for me please, they lived in the Basford area of Nottingham, and never strayed very far! Thanks Judith x

Philippa

Philippa Report 7 May 2006 11:40

Hi Cheryl, Could you look up Hemery on your cd please. The family lived in Basford for many years. Thanks Pippa