Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help i cant find no records of my father

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanne

Joanne Report 26 Apr 2006 21:52

hi to anyone who reads my message, im really havin big big problems, i cnat find any deatails of my father anywhere apart from on the micro films in my local libary, his name is JOHN C GREY date of birth 1960 (JULY,AUG,SEP) he married a lady called lou thats all i no (lou is not my mother, (my mum and dad had never married) he was born in l'pool north and his mothers maiden name was cunningham, this is defo him as i checked john grey's born between 1957-1960 and he is the only john grey registerd on the micro films,i was born in 1976 so he was only 16 at the time so he hadent been married before,any help would be really appreciated as i have been tryin to find out about him now for 2 yrs and i keep hitting a brick wall..

Heather

Heather Report 26 Apr 2006 21:54

Well, as he is a living person (no doubt) its best not to put too many details on here about him - have you tried searching the trees on here for him? Do you know roughly when he married this lady?

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Apr 2006 21:56

What details are you hoping to find? You have his birth cert and presumably his occupation and maybe an address from your birth cert. The only other things you can do is a) put a trying to find message on the Trying to Find board. b) go through the GRO indexes looking for a marriage. c) try to trace him through his job - but this may well have changed d) look him up in the current telephone directory (I think there's a website called B4USearch nell

Joanne

Joanne Report 26 Apr 2006 21:56

no i dont have a clue hun

Joanne

Joanne Report 26 Apr 2006 21:58

thanx for your tips , on my birth cert it is just a line throu his details , i have phoned all J.GREY'S in the phone book incl B4U search , 192, 118118

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 26 Apr 2006 22:00

hiya, i guess this might sound pretty obvious, (well it seems so to me) if you goto the library and you have found the records there, why not ask at the library how to go about finding him???? if its birth details your after, surely they'd have some idea just a thought Julie

Jessie aka Maddies mate

Jessie aka Maddies mate Report 26 Apr 2006 22:00

I found the birth as you say in 1960 mothers maiden name Cunningham, the only marriage I have found so far is this one to someone called Costello in Liverpool Name: John C Grey Spouse surname: Costello Date of registration: Sep 1987 Registration district: Liverpool Registration county (inferred): Lancashire Volume number: 36 Page number: 767 Don't know if it's amyhelp, may not be him Joanne

Joanne

Joanne Report 26 Apr 2006 22:01

i have also left messages on missing you boards and also on here over a year ago and still no reply sob sob , i have contacted everyone on here with john grey's and gray's and none have come back with a posotive answer and some i have never even recived an email back in 2 yrs

Merry

Merry Report 26 Apr 2006 22:02

I looked at post 1983 marriages (searchable by name) and whilst there are a few for people with his name, none of those are to a woman with a name that is Louise, or similar, (though that could be a nickname) I would suggest if you want to find the marriage, you concentrate on the time from after your birth through to 1983. **Does anyone know if the Beta index is still free to non-members of Ancestry???** Merry

Jessie aka Maddies mate

Jessie aka Maddies mate Report 26 Apr 2006 22:02

You say he married someone called Lou, do you know when this was and do you have her maiden name? This is the Costello who married the John C Grey above Amanda M Costello Grey Sep 1987 Liverpool Joanne

Joanne

Joanne Report 26 Apr 2006 22:04

DARK: thanx for that any thought is higly appreciated hun , i tryed that but there always very busy in our libary its one of the bigest in merseyside HITTING: yeh that is the only marriage cert i found also , my mum said he has children born after me ,and i have found 4 girls in the name of a grey born to a costello , but i dont no how to find out if these are his daughters ?

Joanne

Joanne Report 26 Apr 2006 22:06

BRICK WALL: sorry hun i put hitting that was ment to be for you lol , see i told you im goin mad with it all lol

Joanne

Joanne Report 26 Apr 2006 22:08

i no this sounds really really stupid but does anyone recon that lo/lou could be the nickname for costelLO ?

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 26 Apr 2006 22:10

hiya, if you get birth cert, you will then have his mothers, your grannies name, she could still be alive, another possiblility??? julie BTW beta is still free!!!

Jessie aka Maddies mate

Jessie aka Maddies mate Report 26 Apr 2006 22:12

Joanne I went to school with a girl called Costello and the only nick name she got was Elvis but it is possible that Lou was her nickname, Have you rung all the John Grey;s in the telephone book in Liverpool? that's who I found my hubby's mum Joanne

Joanne

Joanne Report 26 Apr 2006 22:12

DARK: no i think he's mum an dad will be dead now , my mumm said they where quite old at the time i was born , she even thinks there dead now herself, but i cant even find death certs for a grey or cunningham 1976 onwards

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 26 Apr 2006 22:14

hiya Jo if you have found 4 sisters then order one cert with ref checking as john c grey as father then youd have deffo proof Julie

Pippa

Pippa Report 26 Apr 2006 22:14

Have you tried Friends Reunited?

Joanne

Joanne Report 26 Apr 2006 22:14

BRICK: yeh i have tryed all the john grey's and gray's in the phone book even the J.GREYS lol , and elvis that was funny lololololol

Jessie aka Maddies mate

Jessie aka Maddies mate Report 26 Apr 2006 22:17

Can't see any births with the surname Grey and mothers maiden name as Costello The four sisters do you have names for them or rough ages Joanne