Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Olde Crone - oh dear!

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Feb 2006 00:00

I had a little query earlier today which I knew you would be able to help with but I can't remember what it was!!!!!!!!nell

McAlp

McAlp Report 18 Feb 2006 00:03

Way to go Nell (: Ann

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 18 Feb 2006 00:04

Old Crone is just adjusting her clothing in the corner - she came over all peculiar on another thread, thought someone was going to get a piece of her mind for a moment. silly billy thinggy-wotsit!

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Feb 2006 00:08

Jess Olde Crone is far too well-behaved for that and I was impressed with your restraint too :-) But if you could just remember what it was I wanted to ask Olde Crone I would be grateful. It was something to do with parish records I know. nell

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 18 Feb 2006 00:10

Nell - don't worry a bit - I probably wouldn't have remembered the answer! Jess - glad you noticed my extreme restraint there! I was absolutely DYING to let fly but managed to just yell it at the screen, rather than committing it to the board! (Is it me, or are there rather a lot of extremely touchy people about at the moment?) Olde Crone

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Feb 2006 00:14

Olde Crone glad to see you don't know twice!!! As I read your reply to the other thread I was thinking 'Leave it Olde Crone, its not worth it!' nell

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 18 Feb 2006 00:14

O heck, Crone is more of a to-do than i realised, she is repeating herself!! Touchy? Touchy? who is Touchy? its not me its everyone else!! DONT ask Merry what i wanted to put...she got that in a PM!! Noooooooooo Merry, don't you DARE!!!

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 18 Feb 2006 00:22

(Ann dear, do you mind not standing so close? I seem to have caught the echo habit off you) Yep, Olde Crone should have just left it, but Olde Crone's problem is SHE NEVER KNOWS WHEN TO SHUT UP!!! No, I don't think you're touchy, or even tetchy, Jess. Wouldnt it be wonderful (but impossible) to write exactly what we thought, when we thought it, without manners or restraint! Olde Crone (putting her belt with the big buckle back on)

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Feb 2006 00:27

Jess I'm confused. Is Silly Billy Thingy-Whatsit related to Tetchy and Touchy, and are Tetchy and Touchy friends? Where exactly have you found them? On a census? Maybe you need to try a different spelling - Te Chi and Tuh Chi for example. Oh dear, I am definitely going senile I need to go to bed. nell

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 18 Feb 2006 00:30

Honestly I go out for the evening, and come back to discover all of you getting touchy. Now if you'd discovered, like me, that the small print on the latest medication says Avoid Alchohol, then I'd consider you had grounds for getting touchy. Jess I forgive as trying to sell a house must be one of the most stressful things there is. What excuses have the rest of you got???

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 18 Feb 2006 00:31

dont be so silly! whatever made you think Esmerelda Touchy-Feely was the name? Its Esmerelda Feely, hypenated to 'Touchy' for no reason known to man, woman or dog. anyway I am going to sod off now...........

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Feb 2006 00:34

Jess I bet Feely is really Feeny, which as you know is Irish, so if you are going to s*d off, you need to head towards an Irish bog. Tee hee, you made me laugh! Sleep well. nell

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Feb 2006 00:36

Phoenix I have not been touchy or tetchy or rude tonight as far as I am aware and therefore do not need to come up with an excuse. (we are discussing a now-deleted thread which if you missed it, you can be glad about) I don't think Jess or Olde Crone have been rude either, I think they deserve to be congratulated on their restraint. But if you have any idea what i was going to ask Olde Crone, please let me know, before she gets too daft to reply and I get too daft to understand the reply. nell

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 18 Feb 2006 00:43

I have to come back though and say something else, despite saying i am going to s*d off. What innane insults can i throw now? I know... YOU ARE ALL HOWWIBLE!!

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 18 Feb 2006 00:44

Um I can blag the answers, Nell, but blagging the questions? You could ask her why most men called Jones have identical Y chromosones? It may not be THE question you were thinking of, but she probably knows the answer.

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Feb 2006 00:45

Not fair .... I want to go back to Pennell-Shawcross but I daren't now ... cos you will get my name wrong and I'll get VERY upset and I'll cry and cry and cry - and I CAN you know ....... ;D

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Feb 2006 00:48

Elaine! Pull yourself together! Phoenix I don't think chromosomes are mentioned in parish registers, are they? I'm sure that wasn't my query... It was to do with women anyway. Oh £$%£*& I bet I remember in the middle of the night and forget again tomorrow. Just my luck if Olde Crone says she has no idea if I do remember. Who am I?

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 18 Feb 2006 00:48

maybe you could ask her the difference between bastardy bonds and Bastardly bonds she knows lots about one of them , cant remember which now my faux pas for the week- all time probably!

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Feb 2006 00:49

Found them they were mistranscribed as TITCHY (must be their wee brother) She also hyphenated to avoid confusion with m i l who has same first name and lived next door (but how anyone could mistake a wee question mark of a Yorkshire woman for a buxom Scot - I dont know lol)

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Feb 2006 00:49

Olde Crone ... Is it you that can advice on Bastardy Bonds ? Need some advice ...!! Meant to ask you as well Nell ! Tried goggling - googliung even !!!!!!!! (Lambrini gets the blame !) oh blinkin 'eck Googling !!!!!!!!!! Bastardy Bonds at Jess's advice but got a Leicestershire site - I want Lancashire !