Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1837 CREDITS ... I have some left

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Aug 2005 22:13

I have some 1837 credits to use by the end of the month and due to holidays and other things, I won't be able to use them myself. Neither do I really want to buy more just to extend the 'use by' date lol! If you would like a lookup, please post it on this thread and I'll try to get them done in the next few days. Mandy :) **All credits used up, but leaving thread for people to get their info**

Ann ♣

Ann ♣ Report 15 Aug 2005 22:19

Hi Mandy Thank you for your very kind offer Could you please look for a birth for Eliza Atkinson 1857 in middlesex, Many thanks Ann

GeordieCath

GeordieCath Report 15 Aug 2005 22:43

Mandy Could you please see if you can find a birth 1931 possibly about aug Nancy Slater born in Huddersfield. I would usually look myself but spent to much this month ,got to stick to a limit each month otherwise i would be bankrupt in a week. Many thanks CATHERINE

tweedledee

tweedledee Report 15 Aug 2005 23:01

Hi Mandy, This is a long shot, but I'm looking for a death that may have occured inScotland or England. I have had no luck with Scotland where I had his last address in Edinburg in 1940, He would have been 52 at that time. His mother was born in England, so after she died he may have gone there. DAVID SCRIMGEOUR PULLAR,B.NOV 13 1888 LANARK,SCOT. His parents both teachers died in their eighties, so possibly he enjoyed the same longevity and died late 60s early 70s I will keep my fingers crossed on this one X I've run out of places to look. His father was JOHN PULLAR,Mother MARY SCIMGEOUR. Thanks, Much appreciated. Margaret

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Aug 2005 01:45

Hi Ann Not too successful I'm afraid. 1857 births are not very good quality, but I did zoom in as best I could and fairly certain that none of them were Middlesex. The nearest I could get was this one: ELIZA ATKINSON birth registered first quarter of 1857 in West Ham, vol 4a, page 1. If you'd like me to check a year either side, please let me know. Mandy:)

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Aug 2005 01:48

Hi Catherine Had more luck with yours! NANCY M SLATER birth registered first quarter of 1931 in Huddersfield (mother's maiden name NELSON), vol 9a, page 342. Mandy :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Aug 2005 01:52

Hi Margaret Could you possibly narrow down the year of death a bit more? I hate to sound mean, but I'm trying to do as many lookups as I can, and with no rough idea of year of death it would take ages and lots of credits. Have you tried FreeBMD or Ancestry? If you could get the death down to around 4 or 5 years, I'd be happy to have a look for you. Mandy:)

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Aug 2005 01:56

Hi Jean Yippee, I'm on a roll now! JOHN SELLS birth registered third quarter of 1874 in Marylebone, vol 1a, page 560. Mandy :)

tweedledee

tweedledee Report 16 Aug 2005 05:59

Hi Mandy, I would take a guess on the death of David Pullar about 1965, Thanks.

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Aug 2005 11:08

Hi Margaret I've looked through all four quarters of 1965 but no deaths for a David Pullar. As 1837 is the GRO indexes, and pay-per-view, it's better to narrow down the year first otherwise it's a bit needle & haystack! Sorry I can't be more helpful. Mandy :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Aug 2005 11:19

Hi Jean I've looked through 1877, 1878 and 1879. There are several George Breezes but not in the right area. I'm not much good at geography, but Yarmouth is volume 4b and I've found one entry that is also volume 4b so I don't know if it will be close enough. GEORGE BREEZE birth registered second quarter of 1877 in Weyland, vol 4b, page 250. You would have to order the certificate to find out the parents' names. Sorry that I can't be more accurate on this one. Mandy :)

Mike

Mike Report 16 Aug 2005 11:45

Hi Mandy I have a marriage in 1944 John Backhouse married Minnie Utteridge both in their 40s could you check a longshot Backhouse birth about 1945 for this couple just in case they managed to have a child even though she was over the hill place Blackburn Lancashire Thankyou Susan

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Aug 2005 11:55

Hi Susan I've checked 1944 (in case it was a 'shotgun' lol), 1945 and 1946 but no Backhouse births with a mother's maiden name of Utteridge. Sorry! Mandy :)

Mike

Mike Report 16 Aug 2005 11:58

Thanks Mandy Now I know why my line is on its way out no one married till they reached their 40s with a couple of exceptions so will never know how many did manage to have a family. Thankyou for looking Susan

Misty

Misty Report 16 Aug 2005 12:34

Hi Mandy, thanks for the very kind offer. If you have any credits left could you please look for Frank Ridsdale b Jan 1938 at Wetherby. Needing Ref and if possible mothers maiden name. Thanks Misty x

Lou In Wigan

Lou In Wigan Report 16 Aug 2005 13:43

Please Help with this family stuck up in Wigan and there down in Staffordshire. From 1861 the oldest record I have. Living 9 Bilston Rd Wolverhampton, Staffordshire, but only moved there after 1856. Head Elisha Caddick age 53 born Sedgley Staffs, Bricklayer. Wife Elizabeth McWilliam age 32 born Scotland. (only married her in 1852 must have been married to another woman before but don't know who to.) Son James Caddick Born Sedgley c1840 Dau Jane Caddick Born Sedgley c1849 Even though he had 13 children these are they only 2 who would show on any earlier records. Any info would help me to go further back. Thanks - Louise

Sharon

Sharon Report 16 Aug 2005 15:06

Hello! Thanks for your generous offer! Don't know if you have any left but if you do could you please look for a marriage for me... Thomas Green marrying a Mary Ann Jackson probably in Staffordshire as I know my great grandmother (one of their children) was born in Willenhall nr Wolverhampton in 1884. Not sure when to look though exactly as I haven't found them on a census yet! Just hoping there won't be many Thomas Greens marrying Mary Ann Jacksons in that area!! Thanks if you can help! Sharon

Sharon

Sharon Report 16 Aug 2005 15:14

Bit more info.... just found out Mary Ann Jackson was born around 1843 in Staffs so marriage likely to be 1860s onwards. thanks! S

GeordieCath

GeordieCath Report 16 Aug 2005 16:11

Mandy, thanks a bunch your a star . Catherine

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Aug 2005 17:27

Hi Misty Would Wetherby come under Leeds North? I'm a bit hopeless at geography, but it's the only one I can find. FRANK RIDSDALE birth registered first quarter of 1938 Leeds North, vol 9b, page 506. Mother's maiden name BRADSHAW. Hope it's the right one! Mandy :)