Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

At the risk of being excommunicated ........

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 30 Jun 2005 10:41

I really do miss some of the fun people on here like Lou and Joan and Jeanette and Chris and Laird.

Maz from Cornwall

Maz from Cornwall Report 30 Jun 2005 10:46

Why where are they?

The Bag

The Bag Report 30 Jun 2005 10:51

LOu, is (or was) poorly and rang Me the other day, so she is okay. (well sort of!) Laird and Christopher ...gone...but legends in their GR lifetime (think they should have been suspended not excomunicated for ever in fairness but there you go) Jess

Maz from Cornwall

Maz from Cornwall Report 30 Jun 2005 10:54

Oh I am sorry, I didnt know Maz x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 30 Jun 2005 10:59

Jess, You are also a legend in your own lifetime too. A couple of weeks ago I met up with a distant relative of my husbands, who was found using this site, and we were talking about all the helpful people on GR, and your name was the first mentioned as being helpful. However we were both fascinated by your name on the boards. Any chance of you telling us what it means (even in a private message and I promise to tell no one except my distant relative). It's o.k.if you don't want to tell !!!! Kath. x

Joy

Joy Report 30 Jun 2005 11:04

oh thank goodness, TC. I put something similar the other day but got scared and self-destructed it. I do not like the thought of anyone being removed. But the criteria for removal compared with suspension is beyond my comprehension, and there's too much selective deletion of poeple and posts. Wish we'd started a campagin to get them back. Is it too late? :-) Joy :(

Joy

Joy Report 30 Jun 2005 11:08

PS there are some refugees in the threads of Lunar's leaving party and Grottingham Regis. Joy PPS there was a thread on the general board the other day asking what had happened to the experts - I said they had been removed - just been to look for the thread: gone!

Heather

Heather Report 30 Jun 2005 12:32

Oh well, if you dont see my name for a while ............... Glad to hear Lou is ok, I shall have to mail her, not sure of her situation at the moment and didnt want to put on more pressure.

N

N Report 30 Jun 2005 12:34

yep so sad, but in honor of there memory we made a special cocktail drink for them it is the ' shelamancer ' LOL :-)

Heather

Heather Report 30 Jun 2005 12:44

Yes please, I'll have another one! Here's to em, gone but not forgotten.

Joy

Joy Report 30 Jun 2005 13:07

Chris, Laird, other absent friends who should be here .... your good health, and may you return one day. :-) Joy

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 30 Jun 2005 17:13

hi everyone What happened to them, where and why have they gone?? Cant be that bad surely. Marion

Joy

Joy Report 30 Jun 2005 17:20

no, it wasn't that bad compared with actions by others. Joy

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 30 Jun 2005 17:53

Hi TC I'm still around but keep coming and going due to terrible probs with my computer. It's off to the doctors again tomorrow so hopefully it will be sorted once and for all. We did have some fun on those 'naughty' threads didn't we! lol Jeanette x

The Bag

The Bag Report 30 Jun 2005 18:31

Christine Joan - not sure Lou is aka Lancashire Lou/ Cat Baloo jess x

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat Report 30 Jun 2005 19:35

I'll drink to that, Meercat. Sardines ahoy!

Joy

Joy Report 30 Jun 2005 19:50

to the absent friends - who should not be so ..........

Joy

Joy Report 30 Jun 2005 20:47

a KimCocktail? :-)

Louise

Louise Report 30 Jun 2005 20:48

Heather, Your message made me feel sad and guilty. I agree that the TIPS Board is not what is was. I have been really busy busy at work recently and was so fed up with all the aggro that I haven't been on the site much. It's very sad as this was a fun place and had a really nice mix of genealogy help and laughs, which we all need if this is a major hobby! Anyway, I guess that where I'm heading is that it's up to all of us to set the tone of the site. I've noticed that a few (like you, Joy, Nell and Jess - sorry if I've missed someone important!) are keeping up the good work but we should all get going again. It's a shame that there's been a dip but I'll try not to be so defeatist and try to join in more again. After all, it's OUR site and we should enjoy it! Well, at least until we get kicked off!!! Louise

Joy

Joy Report 30 Jun 2005 22:53

another toast? ! :-)