Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LEGAL EAGLE - the continuing saga

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 3 Jun 2005 16:12

Hi everyone, tried to add to my legal eagle thread but just wont have it!! Just to thank you all, particularly the builders inputs as that may mean that old deep pockets wont be shouting too loudly. Will let you know what happens after the solicitor delivers the 'harsh' letter this afternoon!

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Jun 2005 16:22

I'd be inclinded to take cover - hide behind the net curtains and keep a low profile!!- at least don't go in the garden for a while! Jess * just been as far as page 7, can't even find it, let alone add to it! you havent deleted it, have you?

Pippa

Pippa Report 3 Jun 2005 16:41

I could only find it by viewing my own threads - it won't come up any other way. Maybe someone has complained? Though I think we all agree that all like to know progress. Pippa

Trudy

Trudy Report 3 Jun 2005 16:50

Hi TC Just managed to add a message, didn't give me any messages, but it hasn't appeared on the board - don't quite know whats going on - I'd contact Genes about it. Trudy

Heather

Heather Report 3 Jun 2005 17:10

Well Ive deleted it now. Cant understand it - why would ayone complain - and if so, GR would have just dleted it not left it floating. Weird. Well guys, think of me ................

jo

jo Report 3 Jun 2005 22:31

I have searched and searched for the thread and could not get it even on own threads. Please keep us updated and keep your chin up. Jo

The Bag

The Bag Report 4 Jun 2005 09:52

wallop!!

Heather

Heather Report 4 Jun 2005 13:39

Had bill from solicitor today! £300 for 4 letters (the biggest of which I typed out and he just copied) should go into that business, shouldnt we. Nothing happened so far. But we had a terrible storm last night and now there is about 2 feet of water in the trenches next door. I dont know what to do really about reporting the foundations like it was suggested. Seems like we would be stirring but then if cracks appear later on and we get blamed because of our trees . Poor little dogs birthday today, she isnt very bright Im afraid. Thanks everyone for your support. Sorry to anyone about all this being off topic.

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jun 2005 13:43

TC - from what I remember about the Heath-Robinson approach to the concrete pour you outlined .... the Health and Safety people would make hay with him. You can do it anonymously, or get me to do it - 'was driving past such and such a place and couldnt believe what I saw .... '

Heather

Heather Report 4 Jun 2005 22:36

Hi guys, internet hasnt worked today til now - we have had some big storms, perhaps thats the cause. The thing is, they wouldnt accept anonymous reports, would they. I dont want him banging on my door again. It is worrying though, as if he has only done this sort of a bit of one trench doesnt that mean that the next lot will have a weakness at the 'join'and say he then gets cracks and blames our trees. I suppose we should do something or we may regret it. Strange thing. He must have got letter last night. It was peeing down today and I saw him go in the drive and leave again minutes later. I was out in our garden later, (looking at the little froglets that are emerging from the pond, bless them) when I noticed that pig has put a piece of string the other side of the big gap in the hedge. Now I can only think he is planning to put up some fence boards there. Thankfully the string is in a line with old neighbours 3 fence panels her gardener put up a few years back when she cut down a big tree on her side near her back door. However, I hope he doesnt imagine thats going to be enough to placate us. He has ripped out precious plants and trees - shoving up a bit of rough panel isnt good enough - also we want an absolute conclusion to the boundary dispute rubbish. Thanks for being with me.

Heather

Heather Report 5 Jun 2005 11:10

Guys, with more sadness than I can express, my little Lucy dog was put to sleep this morning, her birthday.

Smiley

Smiley Report 5 Jun 2005 11:12

So sorry Heather....

jo

jo Report 5 Jun 2005 11:14

So, so sorry, Im thinking of you and your family, Jo

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 5 Jun 2005 11:15

Dear TC biggest hug ever coming your way xxxxx {{{{{{HUG}}}}}}

Rachel

Rachel Report 5 Jun 2005 11:17

Bless! My thoughts are with you and your family at the sad loss of little Lucy dog. I am dreadfuly sorry that she has left your family. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

JillGr

JillGr Report 5 Jun 2005 11:32

I have followed your thread(s) from the start but have had nothing useful to contribute. I just want you to know now how sorry I am to hear about your little dog. You must be devastated. My thoughts are with you and your husband. Jill

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat Report 5 Jun 2005 11:34

TC - so sorry. Just remember what a lovely life your little dog has had with you. Tina

Georgette

Georgette Report 5 Jun 2005 11:37

So sorry to hear about your little dog TC Helenxx

Dea

Dea Report 5 Jun 2005 11:38

So very sorry Heather to hear about little Lucy dog - At least now though she is not suffering. I know you will be though and I am thinking of you, so too, I am sure are your Many Many friends on here. Very Best Wishes + love Dea x

Germaine

Germaine Report 5 Jun 2005 11:41

Hi TC So sorry to hear about your little dog. Hope you feel better soon. Germaine