Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hackney Parish Returns 1811 and 1821, Requests Wel

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fern

Fern Report 25 Jan 2005 15:54

I have the Parish Returns for Hackney in 1811 and 1821. Only able to look up head of the house. They only provide first name, surname and address and in some cases how many females and other males were living in the house. With the 1821 Returns my book only goes from A-K. Many thanks. Fern.

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Jan 2005 15:58

Hello Fern This is a long shot - I'm trying to find a Payne Jacob who died in 1838 in Hackney, this is all I know about him Many thanks for your time Linda ps Jacob is the surname

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 25 Jan 2005 16:00

Hi Fern Im looking for William Turner a Butcher, I guess he would have been in his 20's. Many thanks Sheila

Fern

Fern Report 25 Jan 2005 16:08

Hi Linda, Following Jacob/s in the returns: 1811 ? Jacob St. Thomas' Place George Jacobs Church Street Collar Maker 1821 Edward Jacob Church Street Harness Maker John Jacob Forest Row. Dalston Gent ? Jacobs Nest Batholomew Chapel Poulterer George Jacobs Church Street Harness Maker Thomas Jacobs Bakers Row Farmer. I know this might not help but it worth a look. Sorry could not be of much help. Fern.

Fern

Fern Report 25 Jan 2005 16:13

Hi Shelia The only William Turner's I found in 1811 are the following: William Turner Lower Terrace, Union Row William Turner William Street Brocker William Turner Bath Lane Brickmaker My 1821 Parish Returns only cover A-K. Hope it helps. Fern.

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Jan 2005 16:25

Thanks Fern will look into it Linda

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 25 Jan 2005 17:24

Thanks very much Fern Sheila

Fern

Fern Report 25 Jan 2005 18:40

Nudge.

Mystified

Mystified Report 25 Jan 2005 18:43

Could you please look for a Lionel Ferguson, probably a tailor Thank you

Fern

Fern Report 25 Jan 2005 18:54

Hi John, 1811: William Ferguson Grove Street. 1821: Elizabeth Ferguson Church Street School 1 male and 15 females also in the household Peter Ferguson Caledon'n Cot Shacklewell Lab. 8 males and 5 females in the household. I hope this helps. Fern.

kim

kim Report 25 Jan 2005 20:44

thanks for the offer fern can you see if there is any ashbys or beltons please thanks again

Fern

Fern Report 25 Jan 2005 22:18

Hi Kim, 1811 Parish Returns ? Ashby Kingsland Row Elizabeth Ashby Well Street Baker Mary Ashby Behind Paradise Row No Beltons 1821 Parish Returns James Ashby Well Street Baker 4 males and 4 females also living in the household Mary Ashby Morning Lane Laundress 3 males and 3 females living there Mrs Ashby Clapton Place 1 male and 2 females also living there Again sorry no Beltons or any similar surname. I hope this helps. Fern.

kim

kim Report 26 Jan 2005 00:45

thanks fern thats brill thank you for your help

Janice

Janice Report 26 Jan 2005 04:55

Any sign of a Thomas Glynn on either return? He married in 1811. Also I don't know his fathers name but if by chance there are any other Glynns, provided there are not too many of course, I would be very interested. Thanks for your kind offer Janice

Fern

Fern Report 26 Jan 2005 10:06

Hi Janice, At last I have found the right person some has asked me to look for. 1811: Thomas Glynn Mare Street: inmate in house of William Blackley Labourer No other Glynn 1821: Thomas Glynn Homerton Labourer 4 males and 3 females also living in the house Wm. Glynn Well Street Labourer 5 males and 7 females also living in the house. Unfortunatley they don't give any other details anyway hope this helps. Fern.

Fern

Fern Report 26 Jan 2005 12:10

Nudge.

Janice

Janice Report 26 Jan 2005 13:08

Thanks very much Fern. This must be my lucky week for finding the Glynn's, since the beginning of the GR web site starting I have not had any luck tracing any of this family - Thomas actually went on to have in total 11 children (that I know of) my great great grandmother being one of them, then in the past few days I have had contact with one of her brothers decendants and gained about 20 new relatives! How many more are there going to be out there if the rest of the family produced as many children as their parents!! I have just realised that I also have a Edward Ginn who lived in Hackney - should have been married and had one daughter by 1810 perhaps you wouldn't mind seeing if he shows up? The rest are sykes and Thornes so you wouldn't have them. Thanks again Janice

Mystified

Mystified Report 26 Jan 2005 15:08

Thanks for trying Fern I am afraid none (as far as I know) are mine. I think I have found every Ferguson in London apart from mine.

Fern

Fern Report 26 Jan 2005 15:26

Hi Janice, No worries glad I could be of some help as so many people have helped me, thought I'd return the favour. So when I ordered these books to look for my relatives thought I could look for other people aswell. 1811: Edward Gin Water Lane Brewer? Thomas Gin Orchard Street Labourer William Sykes Tryons Place B J Thorn Bennett's Rents, Well Street Joshua Thorn Roadside Gentleman 1821: Charles Gin Kates Lane Carpenter 4 males and 1 female also living in the household. Managed to find you some Sykes and Thorns as 1811 covers everyone in Hackney but my 1821 only covers people with surnames from A-J in Hackney. Hope this helps let me know if you have anymore people to look up. Fern.

Fern

Fern Report 26 Jan 2005 18:52

Nudge.