Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1876 Lincolnshire Post Office Directory Look Ups

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~Von~

~Von~ Report 23 Sep 2003 21:23

I have the above CD and can do look ups if it will help someone. Information given is name, occupation and address. Will need name of place as that is how it is indexed. Yvonne

Shane

Shane Report 25 Sep 2003 11:34

Can you look up a William W Savage in Crowle , Lincs. Thanks Shane

~Von~

~Von~ Report 25 Sep 2003 14:09

Hi Shane. Found in the commercial section William Willingham Savage, Shoe maker, Cross Street, Crowle It's the only Savage listed, hope it's your man. Yvonne

Shane

Shane Report 26 Sep 2003 13:23

Thanks Yvonne , he's the guy !!

June

June Report 26 Sep 2003 14:12

Please can you look to see if Stephen Muxlow, born 1856 in Ancaster is there, on the 1881 census he called himself Stephen Harrison,I'd love to know why. Thanks, June (his granddaughter)

~Von~

~Von~ Report 26 Sep 2003 14:48

Hi June, I'm sorry there's nothing listed for either Muxlow or Harrison. The information given for villages is mainly for tradesmen etc. Private residences are given for towns. Yvonne

June

June Report 26 Sep 2003 18:41

Thanks Yvonne for looking. June

Bryan

Bryan Report 26 Sep 2003 20:52

Can you look up a surname of Shepherd in your CD. Live in Grimsby or Louth area if you have a time for it Many thanks Bryan

~Von~

~Von~ Report 26 Sep 2003 21:31

Bryan Living in Grimsby:- William Thomas Sheperd, 58 Victoria Street (Private Residence) Henry Shepherd, bootmaker and leather seller 8 Nelson Street and 128 Church Street Henry Shepherd, painter, Deansgate Living in Louth:- William John Shepherd, 71 Upgate (Private residence) Shepherd and Son, Printers, booksellers and proprietors and publishers of the 'East Lincolnshire Times', Market Place Hope this helps. If it's one of the villages around Louth I'm afraid I would need the name of the village. Yvonne

Terence

Terence Report 27 Sep 2003 17:28

Hi Yvonne Any chance of looking up a Hannah Fisher born in Ashby. I have her still living in Ashby in 1891 aged 79, but she is now widowed and living with her son in law and daughter. I'm trying to find out who her late husband was as I have no info on him at all. Thanks a lot Terry

~Von~

~Von~ Report 28 Sep 2003 14:19

Hi Terry, I'm sorry, there's no mention of any Fishers in Ashby at all. I have found a James Fisher, farmer, in Yaddlethorpe which is 1-2 miles from Ashby. Hope this gives you a lead. If there are any other villages you'd like me to check just let me know. Yvonne

JillyWilly

JillyWilly Report 28 Sep 2003 19:05

Hi Yvonne If you have the time please could you look up George Ballard from Manthorpe Cum Little Gonerby Lincoln. (funny address) he is down as a Cordwainer.Many thanks. Jill.

~Von~

~Von~ Report 28 Sep 2003 19:29

Hi Jill Sorry, there's nothing listed. If you are ever looking for the village again it may, as in this case, be listed under Grantham! Yvonne

JillyWilly

JillyWilly Report 28 Sep 2003 19:45

Hi Yvonne Thanks for trying it was worth a try even if he wasn't there. Jill

Ann

Ann Report 29 Jun 2004 16:49

Hello there, Have written to you before, but now have more information. My gt grandmothers name was Charlotte Cooke and she was born in 1848 in Ropsley (possibly the post office), Lincolnshire. Married in 1873 to Matthew Worsdall. Most grateful for any help. Ann Bullimore

Geoff

Geoff Report 29 Jun 2004 17:34

Thanks for the offer. Would you please try Wm Everitt, Baker, Boston Fredk Blackburn, Baker, Lincoln

Kim

Kim Report 29 Jun 2004 18:08

Don't want a look up but had to say hello to another Judd!!

~Von~

~Von~ Report 29 Jun 2004 18:49

Hi Anne Not much luck I'm afraid. In 1876 a James Brothwell had the Post Office in Ropsley. Charlotte and Matthew were not listed in either the commercial or private residents. Von

~Von~

~Von~ Report 29 Jun 2004 18:53

Hi Geoff, No luck with William but have these if they are any help Edis Everitt, baker, 35 West Street Boston Louisa Everitt (Miss), ladies school, 4 Wide Bargate, Boston Mary Ann (Mrs.), baker and grocer, 30 Cheyney Street, Boston. Unfortunately there appear to be some pages missing from the Lincoln section so couldn't find Fredk. Blackburn. Von

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 29 Jun 2004 18:56

Hi Yvonne, is there a Henry Woodward living in Cluxby Plackacre? (That's very possibly mis-spelt). Or any Presgrave(s) in Bennington?