General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHRONICLES OF NUTLODGE

Page 0 + 1 of 3098

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 23 Oct 2018 21:45

Sleep well YG and I will catch you tomorrow <3

YG

YG Report 23 Oct 2018 21:41

Oh well done, LG. I hope they can provide the museum :-) :-)

I am going to bed now.

I hope we both sleep better tonight! :-) <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 23 Oct 2018 21:36

Yes fine YG it was a meeting with the local council officials on behalf of the Society, nothing personal to us. I had to put my bit in about the WW1 project so as to hopefully get a museum opened in the town. It all went super well so fingers crossed :-D :-D :-D

YG

YG Report 23 Oct 2018 21:25

I hope everything is ok LG.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 23 Oct 2018 21:04

That sounds like a good idea YG. I had a disturbed night for no particular reason but it may have been the meeting I had today playing on my mind.

YG

YG Report 23 Oct 2018 20:38

Evening LG :-)

I fell asleep again. Just woken up, but am going to have an early night because if I doze off again, I won't be able to settle later.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 23 Oct 2018 19:18

Evening all :-D :-D :-D. How are you feeling now YG

Is your barnet suitably pruned now Maz ;-) :-D :-D.

Thanks for the reminder David

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 23 Oct 2018 19:18

Evening all :-D :-D :-D. How are you feeling now YG

Is your barnet suitably pruned now Maz ;-) :-D :-D.

Thanks for the reminder David

David

David Report 23 Oct 2018 19:03

They alter the clocks on Sunday.

YG

YG Report 23 Oct 2018 18:47

I hate dark evenings Maz and it makes it difficult for me to get out at the end of the road when leaving work, as I don't have clear vision of traffic approaching to my lfet if a car lets me out to turn right.

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 23 Oct 2018 18:11

I am relaxing now though cos I am in early tomorrow and need to be on the first bus
I am not sure about the dark nights arriving next week as I hate travelling home in the dark with all the street lights dimmed.

YG

YG Report 23 Oct 2018 17:39

Evening everyone :-)

My goodness, it has been cold today and a strong wind, but luckily all the washing was still on the line and dry when I got home :-0

Maz, you have done well today. I think you always feel better after a 'hair do' :-) I am going for a cut and colour on Friday and waited a week longer than usual and it's driving me mad :-0 :-0 :-0

DET, I'm pleased the funeral went as well as it could do. Your poor s.i.l. must be tearing her hair out with all the frustration. It's good news about the jewellery though :-) A shame that perhaps responsibility for the loss what put on a carer. I don't think I would like to do that job. You are too much at risk and the pay if even poorer than mine :-0 :-0

Ann, well done with the loft clearing. Keep at it and you will get there in the end. Although I didn't have a lot in mine, I have managed to get rid of some so there are only about five small boxes around the edge of the loft hatch now.

LG. sorry I disappeared last night. I fell asleep, then went to be feeling pretty rough. I had a bad night and felt dreadful when I got up this morning. I suspect the chicken casserole that i had for dinner was the probable cause. I wasn't sure that I should go to work, but was worried that I wouldn't get everything done so decided to try. I picked up a bit through the day but still not back to normal.

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 23 Oct 2018 16:57

I have got loads done really
my thatch needed doing as I am away next week and its too much like hard work when its too long

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Oct 2018 16:51

Afternoon all

Ann, it must feel so satisfying to be nibbling away at the clutter in the loft. Less for your children to do or if you move.

Maz, it sounds as if you’ve had a productive day & you did have a bit of ‘me time’ by getting your hair cut.

The funeral went off as well as can be expected. MiL and OHs female cousin were in tears. It was a celebration of life & raised some smiles. As we thought, she chose to die rather than live a half-life.

SiL had to rummage around at the inlaws looking for & finding cufflinks, the ones allegedly stolen last year. She also came across the necklace supposedly pinched :-|

FiL went out wearing his old hearing aids - she’d given up by this stage!
She had a phone call from the Care Company. Apparently they’d refused entry to last night’s carers, saying they’d already taken the tablets. Although it’s too late now, she’ll have to check the dosette box when she drops them off. Assuming they did take them, it’s probably from some random day of the week. SiL intends to inherit my title as the one who nags!!

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 23 Oct 2018 16:36

I had a day off what have I done ? i got up about 8am dusted upstairs ,then did some admin went to get my hair trimmed .then just pottered doing odd jobs
and the day is gone its chilly but bright here

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 23 Oct 2018 16:25

I have just put a photo of a 1.5 inch beaded star made by Annx on my photo blog for those who have the address. It is beautiful.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 23 Oct 2018 13:14

Another trip to the dump, it is beginning to look a lot more empty up in the loft. Still a way to go though. Must have been a lot of people having a pre-winter clear out as we had to queue to get in to the containers today.

OH now going to do some gardening as the garden bin was emptied this morning general waste bin as well and that had a lot of stuff in this morning.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Oct 2018 09:51

Morning all

Enjoy your day out, LG.

Maz, easy to get distracted!

We haven’t exactly overslept, but can’t lounge around for too long.
Catch you later.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 23 Oct 2018 09:17

Good Morning all, off out in a few minutes so just stopped by to say have a good day whatever you have planned and catch you later :-D

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 22 Oct 2018 21:59

Waves to all
I have been trying to get on here for a while but not made it .I got distracted as usual