General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHRONICLES OF NUTLODGE

Page 0 + 1 of 2647

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

YG

YG Report 14 Dec 2017 18:46

Are you working through Christmas, Maz?

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 14 Dec 2017 18:18

hello YG i hope it all goes to plan

YG

YG Report 14 Dec 2017 18:10

You sound as though you are getting organised well, Maz :-) I hope it's a quiet shift for you :-)

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 14 Dec 2017 17:36

hi I wandered over the road with froggy we chose some food items to put away for the few days we are all together ,we have actually planned a menu to enable me to use what is in the freezer and then made a shopping list for tues day which is my next chance to go shopping
Tomorrow is staff party I am doing the sleep then I can get home easier in the morning ,so I take the on call phone with me and eat my meal then go back to work being saturday morning its usually quiet ,so not too bad .

YG

YG Report 14 Dec 2017 17:06

Evening everyone :-)

We had rain this morning, then a dry afternoon and milder than recently, but a frost will be back tonight :-0

Ann, now is definitely not the time to be going down with a cold or virus. I hope it doesn't come to anything :-)

David, hope you are ok today :-)

DET, you really do need a case conference :-S :-S :-S You'll all be losing the plot soon :-0 :-0

Maz, have you enjoyed your day off? I hope you haven't overdone it! Did you manage to get to the shops?

LG, has the vacuum sucked you up? :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Dec 2017 15:36

Sunny here today but a bitterly cold wind, about 6 degrees at its highest. We did the grocery shop and treated ourselves to sausage baps for breakfast. We then drove on to the nearest garden centre to look at the Christmas things. Came home to a lovely pile of cards (I do love catching up with all our old friends.) and a couple of letters. These days cards are a good notification that friends are still alive!!!

It looks like being a good sunset today as well.

I have got a bit of the sniffles so hope I am not going to develop our grandson's cold, it would be most inconvenient as we have son, DiL and granddaughter coming for the day on Sunday to exchange presents and take us out to lunch. Then we have 12 friends from U3A coming for coffee and nibbles on Tuesday morning. So fingers crossed I am wrong.

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 14 Dec 2017 11:10

morning again
I have shoved the empty boxes back in the loft ,as cleo was sleeping in one of them lol also to make way for visitors over the holidays .
I have fed the birds and we have feathered punch ups here ,A beautiful sparrow hawk landed in the garden last week sat for a while,all the sparrows were hiding in the Ivy
i will hope fully catch you later on

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Dec 2017 10:10

Morning all.
Enjoy your day at home, LG & Maz.
We’ll be Food shopping sometime today. I really need to look up the ingredients for a diabetic pud. It isn’t one which needs to be prepared months in advance.

SiL phoned last night, at the end of her tether. She’d given MiL a new purse combined with a credit card slots for her 93rd birthday & transfered her cash & new DC into it. You know, the one MiL swears she hasn’t received. MiL couldn’t find it. Did we know if she had it when she went out? We didn’t even know she had a new one! It’s eventually found in a bedside table drawer “How did that get there?”
We’re having a case conference with SiL next week. :-0

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 14 Dec 2017 09:00

Morning Maz and David, no frost here today for a change. Thank goodness am in all day so I can catch up on the unmentionables :-D :-D. Just grabbing my second caffeine kick before getting started

David

David Report 14 Dec 2017 07:56

Good morning Maz & the others, very frosty here as well :-D

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 14 Dec 2017 06:39

Morning all
Day off today i am wide awake and determined to relax .its really icy outside .
I am going to have a bit of a tidy round and a wander over the shops .i am 5 mins from the retail park ..though i do prefer going into town .

David

David Report 14 Dec 2017 06:14

I eat cannibals, feed on animals ;-) :-D <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Dec 2017 21:33

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D. Nite nite YG I hope you don't get a lurgy. Sleep well <3

YG

YG Report 13 Dec 2017 21:30

But if you ate them, you wouldn't have anything left to ogle at :-D :-D :-D :-D

I'm going now to fill the hot water bottles and have an early night, LG. Hopefully I will sleep off whatever lurgy is threatening :-D :-D

Sleep well and enjoy the rest of the footie :-) <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Dec 2017 21:10

:-D :-D :-D :-D. Couple of men on screen I would love to eat ;-) :-D :-D :-D

YG

YG Report 13 Dec 2017 21:00

Footballers and soldiers :-0 :-0 You are such a man eater :-D :-D :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Dec 2017 20:33

It's too lively for me to fall asleep. I am also marching along with a few more soldiers tonight so that keeps me awake :-D

YG

YG Report 13 Dec 2017 20:29

The footie would make me fall asleep again, LG, as long as those dratted commentators voices are muted :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Dec 2017 20:08

Nite David, no sleeping here the footie is on :-D :-D :-D. Playing my old Dad's team tonight :-D.

:-0 :-0 :-0 :-D :-D :-D :-D YG

David

David Report 13 Dec 2017 19:58

I may read. Thank you all for your company <3