General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHRONICLES OF NUTLODGE

Page 0 + 1 of 2982

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 19 Jul 2018 23:11

Enjoy your hurricanes Maz. I hope your naughty puss comes back soon :-)

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 19 Jul 2018 22:45

Sleep well all I am just in from the meeting the hurricanes are here they are well gorgeous and full of beans Cleo has escaped and A is looking for her she wont come in easily not at this time of night she is a little darling after dark to get in she snook out while the car was being unloaded .and was not noticed so it wasnt until I came home she was missed .

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 19 Jul 2018 22:12

Sleep well YG <3

YG

YG Report 19 Jul 2018 22:07

Ann. I do about 3,500 miles per year. Up to now, I have never had any major problems with car and hope it carries on the same :-D :-D

LG, it could well be fluid. I am full of it, no matter how often I visit the bathroom
:-D :-D I really do need to start eating healthily though. That will be a huge struggle :-0

I am off now for some sleep. I am just so thankful it is Friday tomorrow :-)

Sleep well :-) <3 I'll be around tomorrow evening :-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 19 Jul 2018 21:15

I fell of the wagon a little :-D :-D. Seriously I think it is fluid retention which I suffer from in the heat no matter how much fluid I have

YG

YG Report 19 Jul 2018 21:13

Ooh you bad girl, LG :-D Have you been cheating ;-) ;-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 19 Jul 2018 21:13

I still get my car done free :-D :-D :-D handy being in the trade :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Jul 2018 21:11

Y G the air con was £60, if we have the car serviced at the same time as the MOT but we had it serviced about 6 months ago and we probably do less than 2000 miles a year so just had the MOT done.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 19 Jul 2018 21:01

Evening all, no YG it has stayed the same this week :-|, Just been on the phone for half an hour sorting or at least trying to sort out my email which I can't open.

YG

YG Report 19 Jul 2018 19:36

Evening everyone :-)

Ann, well done on getting the car through the MOT :-) At least the bill wasn't too bad, considering that you had the aircon re-gassed. I think my garage charges around £65 to do that. I have a service plan that coves the service and MOT but the aircon is extra.

Maz, you will be up to your ears in visitors now. Enjoy the company and the cuddles :-) :-) :-)

DET, I can't blame your f.i.l. for not eating raw salmon :-D :-D I certainly couldn't any fish raw, which is why I don't like sushi :-(

LG, have you waved goodbye to any weight tonight ;-) ;-)

David

David Report 19 Jul 2018 17:13

Some eat oysters raw, dont even chew them, I couldn't do that :-0

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Jul 2018 17:09

Apologise, Ann. Not such a problem if there had been work to do.

Can't remember If I've eaten oysters, but can't see the point if you just tip them down your throat :-S

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Jul 2018 17:00

What category David? They are sea food.. I might like them if I tried them but have never bothered.

David

David Report 19 Jul 2018 16:40

DO oysters fall into this category ? supposed to be good for you ;-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Jul 2018 16:29

I have never had or fancied oysters but I can eat and like all other sea food. Used to collect winkles when little and eat them with a pin with bread and butter for tea. I do eat mussels when part of a dish but never fancied a whole plate full.

It was my car (the Hyundai) that passed its MOT Det. We do long trips in OH's Lexus which passed its MOT a couple of months back.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Jul 2018 16:22

Ann - bet you're pleased the car passed it's MOT. It would have put a crimp on your trip if you'd had to use the other car!

Can't eat or won't eat crab - I've been sick on the rare occasions I've tried. :-(
Don't like the taste of muscles - they seem like silt to me, and don't fancy whelks etc. Most other easily obtainable sea foods such as prawns, shrimps & lobster are fine. Mind you, the suckers on Octopus put me right off!

Maz - it sounds as if most things are in place for your visitors. It won't be long until your little hurricane turns everything upside down :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 19 Jul 2018 14:45

Only crab David YUK YUK all the others .
Oh well done Ann's car :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Jul 2018 14:09

Car passed its MOT and I also had the air con done so that was a £111 bill. They did say there is a tyre that will probably need changing as they can see the head of a nail in it. So that will have to wait until we return next week.

David

David Report 19 Jul 2018 13:05

You would LG, Ive forgot what crab tastes like. Do you like willicks ?

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 19 Jul 2018 12:30

I am getting there chores almost done
Going to have a quick lunch then a bit of gardening .its a normal day here cool and breezy .N should be here late afternoon .