General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hello xx

Page 2 + 1 of 25

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 23 Sep 2016 15:37

It has been pleasant Barbra at 28 C but with a strong wind for most of the day.

Have just walked the dog and the wind is now a breeze. Out tonight and tomorrow night. Hope we stay in Sunday as we are out on Monday evening and then an airport run Tuesday.

You think you've got problems with parking - here they abandon their cars as near as possible to wherever they are going. A doctor I used to go to told me that they'd take their car to the toilet so they didn't have to walk if they could.

Hope you all have a good weekend. :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 26 Sep 2016 11:22

Hello .Hope you Had a good Week end .mixed weather here Saturday rained All day .Sunday fine but chilly .today its bright hoping the Sun will come out .been doing family tree I have a cousin in St Helens & been in contact for a few Months now .his Dad & My Mum were Brother & Sister ,he is very interested my finding family back to 1800 .its good we have shared info & I am helping him to fill in the gaps .only thing I am having trouble trying to get old photos .surely there must be some somewhere ..right local shops & then tidy up & hoover got my feather duster ready .just a Monday tittle not doing much :-D Take Care Barbra :-D

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 26 Sep 2016 11:57

Our friends who are staying here are getting ready to go tomorrow. We had a phone call this morning from another friend who has her own flat in Limassol to say she's here for several weeks. She's here with a friend, then her brother then her husband for the last 2 weeks. She's retired but her husband is still at work so he is limited on holidays.

Her friend is retired and divorced, she tends to spend summer with her 2 daughters and their off spring so she's here for a rest and to keep our friend company, she goes back Sunday. Friend's brother to be honest is a pain. Never married and likes to come here so he comes out a week today for 2 weeks. Then 2 days after he goes her husband flies out.

Another couple should be out next month, they also have flat in Limassol.

Weather very cool at 7 am this morning now 27 C with a cool breeze. Out tonight so will take my cardigan with me. We are eating in a courtyard sat amongst orange trees at Episkopi Village Inn.

Hope you had a good weekend, we went out Saturday but had a quiet Sunday.
:-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 28 Sep 2016 11:56

Hello hope you are well today Joan .have you put your paint brushes away :-) very Busy aren't you Pat. sat In a courtyard with orange trees sounds so nice .you lucky person :-) damp & dull day here just now .Oh had a fall in a supermarket recently so it was GP yesterday .he has torn tissue & pulled muscle in his stomach .the manager of the store didn't fill accident form in just said would move obstacle. it was a full pallet with wrap on it but some film was on the floor .unattended as well ,Any way he is okay but he has put a claim in .update ?? :-) Take care Bye for now Barbra :-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 29 Sep 2016 08:26

In and out yesterday, very busy. Helped in friends garden, went shopping. Did loads of washing and some housework. Got to finish off house as we have a couple of visitors coming to see us.

They are staying overnight so they can eat out with us. They don't have transport so are getting here by bus. The journey here is no problem it's getting back that's the problem and they don't want to dash off halfway through the evening. It's either an expensive taxi, I drive them home or they stay and we have a pleasant morning here catching up. They are staying lol.

Funeral went off well yesterday. Both children went so we were represented.

Hope you are all well. Sounds though Joan's getting withdrawal symptoms from painting, perhaps you should go to a painting withdrawal clinic - let us know if you meet any celebrities there. You could sell the story to the papers :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 29 Sep 2016 08:46

Hello Glad your family paid their respects .you will have your memories :-) you do sound busy .keeps us young x Joan trouble is you paint one area & other rooms .you think well just give it a coat of paint like the Humber Bridge .start one end & then you have to go back & start again :-) Enjoy your Day & Take Care Barbra :-D :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 30 Sep 2016 12:28

Another week end nearly here enjoy whatever you get up to Take care .Done quite a bit on family tree got back to 1795 on my Grans side its really interesting & there are coincidences .one of my cousins 59.was an apprentice engineer in a building back of the Church were My Gran & Granddad got Married .just found this out as my cousin just got in contact ,& so many dates the same Birthdates .for many generations .loving it at the moment .right speak on Monday Bye folks Barbra x :-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 30 Sep 2016 13:56

Very cool start, was tired walking the dog. It was after 2 am when I got to bed.

It was a terrific night we all enjoyed ourselves.

Guests went and the dog was disappointed they'd left, she wanted them to stay, she likes visitors who stay they bring her presents.

Out this evening but we are only going to have a meal then come home. Hope to be in bed early - yawn.

Temps started at 17 C and up to 28 C - lovely blue sky. Wind has got stronger this last hour.

Hope you all have a great weekend, think I'll sleep. :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 3 Oct 2016 10:17

Hello Pat & Joan hope you are well after the weekend .nice sunny day Sunday not very warm .but still pleasant .had a ride out took the Dogs to PortPatrick .a little fishing village .had a pub lunch on the waterfront ..& a short walk as my Arthritis wont let me walk a lot these days ..doesn't stop me going out though . :-) going to GP & then local shops .look after yourselves enjoy the rest of your Day :-) :-) Barbra x

Barbra

Barbra Report 4 Oct 2016 11:08

Morning its dry & chilly .gardeners coming cutting the grass .maybe last time this season .we do the rest of the gardening tidy up.& cutting back . I am .sorting my hanging baskets out & pots. not doing much else today .cold weather end of the week near here .Hope all is well with folks Take care Barbra :-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 4 Oct 2016 11:58

Busy yesterday and went to bed early for us. Had our flu jab a few days ago, yesterday it was the pneumonia jab. Helped friend in her garden again, she likes to chat as well as she's on her own. Will be out with her tonight.

Now out every evening until Saturday. Party tonight, RAFA tomorrow, out with friends Thursday and Chinese buffet on Friday. Dog will think she's been orphaned. Will see what leftovers we can bring back for her. I'll be bleary eyed first thing in the morning taking her out for her walk. Good job I wear sunglasses whenever I'm out during the day at the moment. :-D

It's 30 C at the moment. It's dropping cool in the evening, will have a jacket on tonight.

Grass grows all year round here Barbara, our neighbour had always wanted grass now he knows why most expats don't put grass down. He moans like mad during the winter. Every time it rains in winter the grass grows very fast as we have warmish days.

We have green oranges at the moment as they ripen around Christmas. The lemons are mainly green but they are being produced all the year round. The yellow elder is starting to flower and the bougainvilleas look beautiful.

Have a good day. :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 7 Oct 2016 13:42

Hello a bright fine day again. doing well this week. & bit chilly in the evenings .Hope you are well .sound a Busy lady Pat & the area you live sounds great .Joan if you look in Hope You & family are all okay .Enjoy the weekend Take Care Barbra x :-) :-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 7 Oct 2016 16:09

Only 27 C today and strong winds. Dog didn't enjoy her late afternoon walk as things were flying around and lots of creaking noises, quite spooked her.

She's had her tea and is now settling down as she knows we're going out. OH has just gone upstairs to get ready, she knows the routine.

People turn up Barbra and 1 minute we have a quiet week a head of us then the phone rings ha ha it's just rang again as I wrote about the phone. Was daughter in UK bringing us up to date with life in UK. What I was saying was one minute it's a quiet week then we have invites out and it gets non stop in summer. Beginning to tail off now.

Off out now so have a good weekend all see you next week :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Oct 2016 14:03

Envy you your 'only 27' Pat, came back from Tenerife last Friday and have missed the 26-30 degrees it was there with clear blue skies. I am not a lover of winter, much prefer the warm weather.

Good afternoon Barbra :-) :-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 8 Oct 2016 14:45

Hello Ann, it's 27 C again today. Hazy, blue sky though. Windy but not like yesterday.

We used to come to Cyprus over Christmas, it was a wonderful break away from the cold and damp. Lovely to see a sun that has warmth to it in winter. Trouble is we've acclimatized to Cyprus now and it feels cold to us in winter. Last night we sat out, it was 24 C and I had a thick cardigan on. :-S

Lovely to see you on here Ann. :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Oct 2016 15:10

The first week we were in Tenerife, although it was hot with blue skies, the wind was so strong it was a struggle to stay upright on our hotel balcony. The wind was coming straight off the Atlantic!

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 8 Oct 2016 15:25

At least the wind here is coming off the Mediterranean so is warm, the Atlantic can be very cold.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday, Never been to the Canaries. :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 10 Oct 2016 12:48

Hello All .oh Joan leave the painting for a bit .might help I get frustrated if things go wrong .try & leave it & then go back after a few cups of tea .its been lovely fine & dry here Sunny, but a bit chilly .hey its October so cant complain :-D Pat hope you enjoyed your week end .we had a ride out Sunday to Castle Douglas ..we got fish & chips local place :-) we is posh us xx & went to sit near the lake it was lovely .there are a few Swans about so they got some Bread ..don't do a lot but enjoyed the day out while the weather was fine .getting the Garden tidied this week as no rain forecast .get my hanging baskets sorted & put winter plants in them .Hello Ann glad you enjoyed your Holiday hope all your family are Alright ..well that's me for now Enjoy the rest of the day Joan put the Kettle on x Bye Barbra :-) Allan. Robert ,Jem xx

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 10 Oct 2016 14:38

26 C here and that wind still here. Wish it would go. It's so blustery. Just swept and mopped the floor.

Out to walk the dog soon, then she has her tea. It'll be straight in the shower after that as out to a birthday party.

There's been a lot of dust in the atmosphere again, wish Africa would keep it's dust, it gets everywhere.

Get out your hairdryer Joan perhaps that will dry the paint. Do you have an odd piece of wood you could try the paint on. If it doesn't dry on that wood it's a problem with the paint and you can take it back.

Yes we have fish and chips out here and no I don't or I should say can't eat either. No potatoes and nothing with any type of flour.:-(

Hope you all have a pleasant evening. :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Oct 2016 15:26

Sunny here in Cumbria today but cold when the sun goes in.cloudy sun, we went for a short walk this morning, the view to Black coombe from near Barrow in Furness docks was stunning.