General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hello xx

Page 5 + 1 of 25

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 5 Nov 2016 11:55

Thank you x its cold but bright here just now .just nipping to local shops .,enjoy your week end you lovely people. keep warm . :-D TTFN :-) Barbra x

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 5 Nov 2016 12:05

22 C but cloud mounting very quickly, now turning grey :-0

Dog is restless but then we've just had a big fight with her - clipping her nails. She did get a treat as she suddenly gave up the fight.

Going over soon to Radio Jem. :-D

Have a good weekend all. Stay positive Barbra, we're with you :-) <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 7 Nov 2016 13:07

Hello .hope you enjoyed your week end .not much in the way of fireworks round here .somebody just had a few going off over the back from us . some places idiots were attacking fire engines & cars .what can you say just numb nuts , cold today but fine & dry Okay off for some lunch & Telly for a couple of hrs love Judge Rinder .he is on pm here & I think he is good on Strictly .he can dance :-) Bye for know Barbra <3

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 7 Nov 2016 17:48

Cool today 21 C but cool wind. Ground very dry again.

Oranges on the tree are ripening but I'm not allowed to eat them. Tree is full of oranges, I hope OH decides to eat them all. I can see I'll be squeezing some. Shame to waste them.

Have got my Christmas cards will start to write them soon. I like to get them posted before the end of November.

Hope your hospital visit goes well Barbra.

Good evening all :-) <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 Nov 2016 12:17

Hello All .Oh its cold out there .winter draws on :-) got a nice hot pot in the oven so will be ready when I get back from local shops .Dumfries again Tomorrow its a drag 50miles .but might have a look round the shops .get some Christmas presents .& can get them posted early this year. .Anniversary 8th Nov 1982 . when my Dear Mum Died .she was my best friend & so caring & generous .God Love her <3 right Take Care & enjoy your Day Bye for now Barbra xx

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 8 Nov 2016 12:38

Warmer today 25 C and lots of sun. Just collected friend from the hospital she's got to have a minor op soon.

Thoughts with you on this day Barbra, my mother died just before we came out here in 2005 in the March, dad April 1981. Still miss them and I didn't live near them from the age of 18. They were always there for me though. Leaves a whole doesn't it but it fills up with happy memories. :-) although you still miss them.

I've had dad's family on my avatar for a while so perhaps when I stop having the poppies I might put mum in her ATS uniform as my avatar.

Have a good day shopping. Have a good evening all.
:-) <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 9 Nov 2016 12:06

Hello .its cold & damp .today no snow :-) Hope all is well with you Thanks Pat .got phone call 9 am no Dumfries today, been cancelled till next week .oh well never mind .my other test were Benign .just one place I need surgery .will see consultant & then see what happens feel positive & thankful ,.Got Christmas cards ready to write at least that's Done & buy presents next week now x enjoy your day Take Care Barbra <3

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 9 Nov 2016 13:21

That is good news Barbra, hopefully you'll soon have your op and whatever other treatment if needed. Shopping can wait until next week, that doesn't matter so much.

Can understand why you feel positive and that's important to your recovery.

I see Snake Pass in Yorkshire is snowbound again :-(

I lived in North Notts so often heard about that pass. Cumbria didn't look good either at one stage as I have a video clip on my Twitter account of someone on a snowy Cumbrian road.

I have just started a course on Future Learn about Hadrian's Wall it's very interesting. They are all free short courses with lots of subjects. All are from universities around the world and it's under the auspices of the Open University.

It's 25 C today but windy again, although that's dropping now. Should have a pleasant dog walk soon. She's already parked herself near me although there's over 40 minutes to go.

Getting cool at night as soon as the sun goes. Should be about 13 C late evening. We are out tonight at a local taverna, friends go back to UK at the weekend so it's goodbye to them do.

Hope you all have a good evening. :-) <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Nov 2016 17:05

That colour scheme sounds really cosy Joan We have deep cherry red curtains in our bedroom and they make you feel warm to look at them.

Pat I think I prefer your temperatures to ours. It has been very cold and damp here today, no rain until 3.45 when I was walking home from the hairdressers, but the temperature this morning was 9 degrees.

Barbra, glad some of the tests were benign, I have had about 12 benign rodent ulcers removed in as many years, I now have a mole that I caught with my nail that won'y heal so have a Dr's appointment next week to check it out, probably means another dermatology trip. The joys of living by the sea when young I think, and so many holidays in sunny places. :-) :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 11 Nov 2016 13:05

Afternoon Ann. Pat, Joan ,~~~~~anyone else looking in .Joan your room sounds as though it looks so nice like the colours x Pat hope you & yours are ok .its getting a lot cooler here very frosty last night x Ann Hope you & family are ok & your Hubby is feeling better .will be watching Football match tonight .England & Scotland .I will just say this The Scotland football players are more manly than The English .just saying :-) right off for some lunch .Enjoy your week end & Take Care Bye Barbra <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Nov 2016 16:15

Afternoon all. Tesco shop this morning, just as we were at the till we had the bugles and the last post and somehow they managed to have four minutes silence as we all stood there waiting for the sign to resume what we were doing. Amazing to see a large store completely stop, all you could hear was the sound of the freezers behind us.

OH's shoulder seems to be on the mend, he has played 9 holes of golf today and yesterday, He is hoping to be soon back to the 18 holes.

Hard frost this morning and cold today, some sun but cloud as well, however it has been dry.

Hope all are ok. Barbra enjoy your football.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 12 Nov 2016 11:44

Hi All,

Around today due to rugby on Radio Jem. :-D

It's 24 C here going down to 11, wind has dropped at last so feels warm.

Dog walk a bit longer this morning as I was delivering a birthday card for a Monday birthday. Person goes away in the morning so left it in the mail box. Not everyone is up at 7 am. :-) I did let her know later.

She's going to Paphos for a few days as her childhood friend is coming out to see her after 40 yrs of not being in touch. Lovely story - met 1st day at school and were friends until both got married then drifted apart and her friend moved to a nearby town. Years later the lady joined a bowling club after she'd returned to live in her birth town. Talking to one of the female members they discussed their schools - lady member said her cousin went to the same schools - you've guest it - cousin put them in touch again and it turns out friend spends 2 weeks every November in Paphos. :-D

Went to a Remembrance Evening last night run by the British Legion here. We had the Band of the Royal Engineers playing. Terrific night. A huge percentage of people around here (like us) are ex service personnel.

Joan stop showing us up with decorating. I agree about grey. Found a lovely soft grey and we painted both children's rooms with it, son had red and black accessories daughter pink and white. Son was in a south facing bedroom so was a bright room so the colours looked wonderful. Daughter in a darkish, north facing room so the softer colours brightened the room.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend I'm off to sort out things before afternoon dog walk then settle down to the rugby. I'm then off out to have a curry this evening. :-D

:-) <3

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 12 Nov 2016 12:49

Joan, I was told by a teacher years ago, when mine were still at school, they are teacher training days. :-S

My teachers obviously didn't need new or re training :-D ;-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 14 Nov 2016 12:24

Hello All whoever looks in .a dark damp day here but not going out .doing some house work .change the bedding, Having my Hair Wash & Blow before I go to Dumfries on Tuesday .makes you feel better & I will be told about treatment .Thinking of Ann & Daughter x Joan. Pat x Take Care Barbra <3

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 14 Nov 2016 16:03

Glad Ann has got news of her daughter. Poor New Zealand has now had nearly 800 after shocks. The weather has also deteriorated :-( All in my thoughts.

Been walking on the beach with the dog. It's the road - use that loosely - to the desalination unit. It was about 23 C this afternoon as I walked her. OH dropped us off and then went to do some shopping before coming back for us.

Friends arrived late last week, the couple own a flat in Limassol, they are popping up tomorrow afternoon.

We aren't out tonight so I may get to bed at a reasonable time. :-D

Have a good evening all :-) <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 15 Nov 2016 08:25

Good Morning its a dark dull start but hey its only 8.20am . Hope if anyone looks in you have a good day .Pat sounds great walking your dog along the beach ..Joan have you finished decorating now .? Thinking of Ann & family .All for Now Bye Barbra <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 16 Nov 2016 12:28

Hello All x a breezy day here but fine & chilly hope your okay local shops to get lottery ticket .use to do it on line .but stopped as makes you lazy .need to have a walk in the village :-) since the floods last year .they have built a new wall near the river .it has taken for ever. the back road was closed & only opened this week what happens we have the river & then the water comes down from the forest builds up & can be very high water level .Two geese live on the embankment .they were outside Sainsbury Supermarket last winter because of the high tide & people were feeding them .they are still about, okay all for now .Take Care <3 Barbra

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 16 Nov 2016 13:20

Very windy and 21 C.

Was going down to the beach to walk this afternoon. Decided as I was having my breakfast, changed my mind an hour later when the wind started up. Strong winds and sand don't go together when walking. :-(

Seen no rain since the night storm. Clouds come and clouds go but no deposits.

Out last night, staying in tonight, out tomorrow.

Off to walk the dog around the big block.

Hope all well Barbra.

All have a good afternoon and evening. :-) <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 18 Nov 2016 12:27

Hello All Pat Joan Ann,g.Jem .Robert . my comp is playing up .must be the cold weather :-) showers & sunshine but cold .Hope you are All aright today .sit back now Joan enjoy your good work admire your decorating x Pat is your Doggy still enjoying the walks .ours had their coats on today it started raining on way back from the walk .but nice & warm in the House now x Friday again were are the weeks going just nipping to local shops today & big shop Tomorrow .sending <3 To all enjoy your weekend .Speak to you Next week :-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 18 Nov 2016 13:14

Gone cold in the mornings here, down to 10 C. now 22 C.

Dog loves walking when it's cooler. She really loves wet weather so she can splash in the puddles. We go walking in the rain, I have a waterproof coat with hood so I'm drier than she is. OH greets her with 1 of her towels and dries her. She hasn't got a coat to wear not many out here have. This is her playing with some of our friends.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/42540812

Will be about tomorrow another rugby afternoon so will be on Radio Jem. :-D

Have a lovely weekend all. :-) <3