General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hello xx

Page 9 + 1 of 25

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 31 Dec 2016 15:29

Happy new year to you all. I hope your 2017 will start and end more healthily than my 2016. Still coughing well but did sleep last night without coughing. Head full of catarrh now which aggravated the cough. Still cheered up no end today by a lovely bunch of flowers sent by our son and family, guaranteed to make you feel better.

If you are celebrating, enjoy. If not enjoy your evening anyway. See you in 2017. :-) :-) :-) :-D :-D :-D :-D <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 ;-)

JingleJems

JingleJems Report 31 Dec 2016 19:48

A HAPPY & PEACEFUL 2017 TO BARBRA & FRIENDS

Love Jem xxx <3

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 2 Jan 2017 12:22

I am sooo tired. Up to nearly 3 am (1 am UK time) talking to son and daughter on FaceTime on New Year's Eve/Day. Last night - this morning up to 2 am with the dog. We had 2 thunderstorms, 1st one just after 11 pm as we were about to go to bed and it was well after midnight before the dog settled when another storm which was much longer and nearer than the 1st. upset her so much she fled to the downstairs loo after trying to get underneath the small desk where the PC is.Took us ages to calm her down. Dog's slept all today so far - huh!

Weather during the day much better though up to 15 - 16 C and warm in the sun. It's the evenings/nights that's the problem as storms keep rolling in. Hope it's a quiet night tonight - yawn!

Had a lovely New Year's Eve with friends, wonderful food at the restaurant, with drinks (I was on water as I was the driver) it came to 30 euro each (about £26) and that's with a DJ as well. We were there from 7 pm - 1 am. Great fun.

Hope you all have a happy and healthy 2017. Think I will go and read and I might just snatch a few zzzzzzzzzzzzzs. :-D

:-) <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Jan 2017 14:59

Hello All, lovely sunny day here but really cold and a hard frost last night. Still coughing well, goodness knows how long it is going on for, really drags you down.

Still we have a sparkling clean washing machine as I got some stuff to run through it and then we finished it off by cleaning the seals by hand., then OH cleaned the kichen floor, another job done and i did a sheet wash and dry.

decorations are still up, they will come down Thursday by which time I hope I have the energy to do it. Will be glad to get back to normal now and give the place a good dust, can't do it with the decs out. Keep forgetting what day it is with all the bank holidays etc. I think I will actually take the cards down today, that will be that bit out of the way. We have over a hundred so that is quite a job on its own.

don't envy you the thunderstorms Pat, I'd be under the desk with the dog. The meal etc was excellent value wasn't it? really cheap for what you got. Disco and all. glad you had a good time. We were up until 1.20am New Years Eve/New years day. We watched the fireworks, nipped outside for a drink with neighbours for ten minutes then watched TV while we drank a bottle of Cava. :-) :-) :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 3 Jan 2017 15:03

Hello All .are we all rested & full of goodies ? I have had a quiet New Year .a bit of a breeze today but fine .hope its alright where you are .have to go to Stranraer for CT scan on Thursday but I am feeling so much better now ..love to all Barbra xx :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Jan 2017 16:30

Hi all
Barbra, so pleased you are feeling much better, hope all goes well with the scan. I am getting better witht his cold but still not right. did manage to get out to tesco for the weekly shop today, It was relativelly quiet except for a couple of families trailing bored children round with them. I am hoping both the catarrh and the cough are retreating. Meanwhile I am gradually taking down the decorations. Managed to get the cottage display packed away today while OH was at golf. Can go so much more quickly doing it myself.

Joan, please send by pigeon post some sausage rolls and mini pies. You are good youa re always baking, puts me to shame.

I guess Pat is sleeping away today :-D :-D

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 3 Jan 2017 20:08

No I'm not asleep. Just been out for a meal. :-D

Off down to Limassol tomorrow, our oven's on the blink. It's almost 12 yrs old and we've suddenly had 3 things go wrong. Still cook with it but we decided it may be better to buy new rather than start repairing. 3 things says to us that a lot may need replacing and could end up very expensive. The gas hobs started playing up last year so it's replace both.

Another 15 C day but another thunder storm last night. At least it was early evening so dog settled down well before bedtime. Quiet at the moment outside so we may have a thunder free night.

Glad you're feeling better Barbara, hope all is well with the scan.

A happy evening all.

Barbra

Barbra Report 5 Jan 2017 12:53

Hello All Hope your cold is getting better Ann x Pat Did you get your New Cooker x Joan hope you are ok Jem if you look in x OH being funny with me have to go to Edinburgh 16th January for a bone scan ..will be driving up there but instead of saying ok lets have a look round while we are there .thinks I should get transport there & back .I will have company if he comes but he just keeps muttering & moaning B fed up of him .were is the support miserable ~~~~~.he doesn't drive never has .but i don't mind at all .its about 200 mile round trip a long way but have to have it done .men eh .poor sod being put out .solution go on my own & stay overnight :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Jan 2017 16:50

Another meal out Pat! Have you dared to get on the scales? did you get your cooker ok?

Barbra, what a long drive for a hospital appointment. I think you should, if you can afford it, make it an overnight stay, then 'do' the posh shops and treat yourself. I am so glad my OH drives as I hate driving, the older I get the more I hate it. So much traffic and so many silly idiots on the road. Fortunately my 78 year old OH likes driving and has an automatic which makes it easier for him on motorways. Trouble is, he has a Mercedes which doesn't hang around so he still thinks he is a 20 year old boy racer sometimes . Actually he is an excellent driver but I do keep suggesting he should be slowing down a bit now.

Joan, more baking! I refuse to feel guilty. What exactly is Yorkshire Parkin?

I think I can see some of the snowdrops coming up. Not sure if they will flower their first year but the leaves are there. :-D :-D :-D

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 5 Jan 2017 19:29

We eat out at least 3 times a week Ann. I have to be on a low carb diet so the scales aren't groaning. I never have starters or puddings and my main meal is usually meat and veg or salad. When I have a curry it's with stir fry veg and on the Chinese buffet I'm given a bowl of seaweed (really cabbage stir fried) because low carb means no bread, rice, potatoes and pasta. Anything with flour is out.

Wet day today but 17 C, only 1 dog walk as it was far too wet this morning. Everywhere is going green here as been so wet and now warm. Fresh snow up the mountain again.

I used to make Parkin, the children loved it, so did I. Lovely and sticky. Great on it's own but my 2 preferred it with custard.

If OH doesn't go with you then you spoil yourself Barbra. :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 5 Jan 2017 20:16

There has been a lot in the press about people in our area having to go to Edinburgh for treatment .it is a long way .the alternative is Glasgow .which could be in the pipe line .why the heck they cant have people at Dumfries .anyway will see what happens .when you pop in again Joan Can I have your recipe for your Parkin or any one else with a decent old fashioned bake ..use to enjoy the proper parkin Thank You .Barbra x

Barbra

Barbra Report 5 Jan 2017 22:52

Thank you very much Joan going to the local shops Friday will get my ingredients .& bake on Saturday x Barbra :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Jan 2017 10:59

Sounds lovely Joan but my OH doesn't like ginger unfortunately.

Had a 'shocking' start to the day

OH was in the bathroom shaving when there was a terrific bang and the outside layer of the double glazed top window exploded outwards. We were getting ready to go up to Webbs garden centre at Wychebold so that is our day out scuppered I think. Trying to get a glazier to reply on their answer phones. Must have been the frost caused it, luckily the glass went outwards, well it would as the inside layer is still intact.

anyway, better get on!

Barbra

Barbra Report 6 Jan 2017 17:22

Ann hope you are Alright must have been a shock good job the inside layer is still there ..Take Care .Pat Joan Jem if you look in hope you are okay .very wet here today went dark about 3.30pm .Got my ingredients for the parkin so will be busy Saturday did my shopping local so don't need to go out .we are going out Sunday Oh treating me to a meal Hmm .x right Enjoy your Weekend Speak to you next week Barbra :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Jan 2017 16:05

Barbra, yes it was a shock, more for OH than me as he was in front of the window and, at first thought there would be glass inside. Just pulled the blind down and ignoring it now.

Joan, OOOh silly person, when you were looking forward to it. Never mind you will enjoy it eventually.

Have you made your yet Barbra? :-) :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Jan 2017 16:45

Oh yes, that reminds me, we still have mince pies left as well. Not home made though. :-D :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 7 Jan 2017 18:43

Hello Best Idea Ann out of site x its the weekend .no haven't made my Parkin yet Monday now need some more butter .silly woman .it will taste all the better for it :-) enjoy the rest of your weekend ~~~~~Pat Bye Barbra xx

Barbra

Barbra Report 9 Jan 2017 10:56

Hello All .how is it were you are just damp & mild here .got my butter .so baking this afternoon. are people miserable were you are .everybody just seems fed up .is it January blues . oh wants to move back to Lancashire .he is not handling me being ill .shame as I love were we are. youngest so rang last night & said family will support me more the nearer we are .I know its true but the NHS in Scotland is so much better than England .been here nearly 10years love the way of life its so quiet in the Avenue were we live .just going to get results 19th January & see what happens .That's me for today love to all Barbra :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Jan 2017 11:19

Hello all, grey and damp here. I don't think people here are any different to anywhere else Barbara, I think everyone looks fed up in January/February. Post Christmas blues and nasty damp dark days. At least we are going forward now.

It sounds as if your OH and son have been talking to each other and yourOH feels he would have more support if he was nearer friends and family.But, if you have been in that area for 10 years, that is a long time so you should feel settled. Maybe you adjusted when you moved, better than your OH. does he have any interests outside of the home?

I suspect that some parts of the NHS in England are as good as Scotland, it depends where you go. Maybe where you are is good because there is a less dense population. As I don't know the area that you are in it is difficult to comment. I do know that where our daughter is in dalton In Furness, and where she was in Sawrey in the Southern Lakes, the NHS is excellent.(fewer people to use it). I have not had any problems here but that is probably because so far I have been lucky. I do know our hospitals are stretched to the limit, mainly because of people going to A&E with minor problems when they can't get a doctors appointment.

Barbra

Barbra Report 9 Jan 2017 13:05

On going situation as he just thinks his way is right .he says been here for me 10years but needs to go back so .? will have a holiday asap & get some family time after hospital results .might feel better then.Sun has come out so looks more cheery :-)